• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/25/1995

thanks for ALL YOUR REPLIES GREAT HELP! GOD BLESS YOU!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Emmanuel only you can decide what you can watch. Like others have said if you feel that you shouldn't watch it then don't. If you feel that you can watch it and that it isn't sin then go for it. This is one of those areas, like music, that everyone is going to have a different perspective. Some will say you shouldn't because that is how God is leading them. Others, like myself, have not problems watching movies, playing video games, etc that others would not watch or play. 

For me movies are entertainment and that is all. Even the so called, Christian movies, are also entertainment. Movies are a fleeting moment. They come and then they go. What you watch is up to you and how God leads you in that area. 

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Redeeming the time, should also be taken into consideration.

For me, even some so called 'Christian' movies are a waste of time.

Very good point. I know I don't redeem the time like I should but I do like to take a break from life every now and then and just veg in front of the TV watching a movie. And I totally agree with you on the Christian movie part.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 3/22/2014 at 3:45 PM, nebula said:

Here is a verse to ponder:

"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything." (1 Cor. 6:12)

That is the most appropriate verse! I was thinking about the same verse when I read the question

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

I find a good rule of thumb is "if I have to ask myself if it is ok, then it probably is not"

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/25/1995

11 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I find a good rule of thumb is "if I have to ask myself if it is ok, then it probably is not"

I like that!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I would say that some movies are a definite no no...but a lot this is a grey area, a lot depends on you and how you react to them. What goes in must come out...while the argument can be made ideally we should avoid anything that has questionable morals, and that much is true, some things may fall in what I call a morally neutral zone. Some movies you watch, while they may not be a good use of your time, if they don't affect your worldview negatively may not be a sin for you. While the same movie maybe a sin for someone else.

For example, I watch a lot of violent movies, doesn't bother me, however I tend to avoid movies with a lot of sex scenes in it, even if they don't "show" anything, because that is something I struggle with.

20 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I would say that some movies are a definite no no...but a lot this is a grey area, a lot depends on you and how you react to them. What goes in must come out...while the argument can be made ideally we should avoid anything that has questionable morals, and that much is true, some things may fall in what I call a morally neutral zone. Some movies you watch, while they may not be a good use of your time, if they don't affect your worldview negatively may not be a sin for you. While the same movie maybe a sin for someone else.

For example, I watch a lot of violent movies, doesn't bother me, however I tend to avoid movies with a lot of sex scenes in it, even if they don't "show" anything, because that is something I struggle with.

I am the same way when it comes to movies. I can watch just about anything except for anything with a sex scene. Implied I can handle but anything more makes my mind wander where it shouldn't. So if I am watching a movie that has it the movie goes off. 

Guest BacKaran

And as a born again soul, I can no longer and will no longer tolerate cursing. The last movie I saw with swearing was American sniper, a true story but for the swearing I cringed every time. Now I just saw I'm not ashamed! About columbine school and it was excellent, I highly recommend to all. Blessings, karan?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

saw a surprising good movie for all you tear jerking gals an guys .... Mr. Church with Eddie Murphy no less :blink: