• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I notice how there are different types of christians who are called to different ministries and i find it fascinating. do u know what type of christian u are? Me personally i love to be an encourager to bring spirits up and ignight that fire in ppls hearts. i also love to help others if i get the chance to help the poor or needy i get so excited.

i am not really one to preach on wrath or be a person to speak loudly at you. i am simply to soft for that i would rather gently lead u to salvation in  a tender way and show love to anyone. i do not have great insight or understanding and cannot handle too much scripture  because i have a simple mind and it cannot handle much. but what i can do is take it bit by bit relying completely on God for everything .

I also have troble with patience and self control

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I am the child of Jesus Christ the Living Son of God.That is what kind of a Christian I am.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I'm not sure what type I am, but I'm definitely no prophet.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

do u know what type of christian u are?

Doctrinally I am a unitarian. Which is to say a heretic in the eyes of my trinitarian brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope this little fact doesn't get me run off.

Fundamentally, I consider the Gospel of Christ to be the Gospel of Love. To remove love is to remove Christ. To add hate is to remove Christ. Therefore I strive to love everyone as I would my own flesh and blood, according to the commandment Christ affirmed. Secondly, I see the message of charity to be second only to that of love. And though I fail to give charitably and I will answer for it one day, I nevertheless consider it of great importance.

If you want something in particular: Ideally, I pray kneeling, facing the east, for it is from the east that Christ will return (Matthew 24:27). I put my forehead to the ground, recite the Lord's prayer, then I sit up and speak with God. At the end I put my forehead to the ground again, recite a psalm (usually Psalm 1) or a verse (usually Deuteronomy 6:4). After that I rise and go on about my day. I pray in this way because I am not even a worm compared to God and I wish to acknowledge with my body as well as my heart that I am inferior to Him.

If you rely on God for everything then you are on the right path. We must come to God as little children: dependent, submissive, and loving. If you have problems with patience and self-control do not be disheartened. I have problems with lust and profanity. Fight against that part of you that is impatient and lacking control. If we were morally perfect, our morality would be meaningless.

That's how I see it, anyway.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I am a believer who loves to be used in whatever capacity God chooses, releasing all the gifts that God has given me for service. I love to be out there in the street and on the mission field but also in the Church environment. My heart is to be usable for his Kingdom and glory. To destroy the works of the enemy in lives that have been held captive and to advance his Kingdom on earth according to the will of God and by the power and leading of the Holy Spirit.

Much Love!

Edited by miracles

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Interesting thread.

I know exactly the sort of Christian I am:

1)

I love the Truth

2)

I do not like Gods Word being distorted by delusion or tradition (and yes, I see both, even from Christians)

3)

I have the gift of discernment ... and love it, love it, love it.  In these last and evil days, with all sorts of silly winds of doctrine (rider on a white horse) and so-called "Christians" all around me, and religious people who would rather have a pocket God molded into their own image, it pays to know falsehood just by looking at someone.  The Spirit is never, ever wrong.

4)

I'm a watcher.  After all, the command is to WATCH and pray isn't it?  I watch for the signs.  I observe the prophecies.  I even know the end time prophecies that concern Israel specifically beyond just the nature, and war, and sickness, and financial climate, and technology that leads to a one world, one currency, etc.

5)

Considering #4, I love prophecy.  If anyone asks me why I believe in Jesus, it's because I can see PROPHECY and I know that no man, or group of men, could have predicted these things.  Just not possible. 

6)

I'm the worst person to try to hide behind titles or accomplishments.  In fact, in most cases, as soon as someone says "I work with multiple Churches" or "I'm a thread moderator" or "I'm a evangelist" or "I'm a...." the Spirit gives me discernment on their character right away.  Right away I can tell that they are hiding behind their ... minor accomplishments.  And each time I am thinking as Paul said, "you have reason to boast?  I have much more than you" ... but I don't say a word.  Oh, but I can't tell you the amount of people I've had to refute for their bad judgment, discernment, and lack of doing what is Bibilically right, even to the point that they have come back to ME and admitted their own arrogance.  I couldn't tell you how many times people have told my wife in our church that I should be X, Y or Z.  lol    But no:

"Be ye not all masters, for ye shall ereceive a harsher Judgment" - Book of James

I appreciate when people strive to learn, and through learning, are awarded those man-given accolades, but the moment one goes too far in thinking that they can hide behind them, or try to force special treatment, or make the mistake that they are my spirutal senior, well, lets just say that it was the young Elihu who told of old Job and his three old friends.

7)

I see me in Revelation.  I first repented in 1991.  Gung ho.  On fire.  Broke up with girlfriend so I wouldn't sin against God.  Threw away all my secular cassette tapes.  Stopped hanging around friends.  Witnessed to everyone.  Prayed and read the Word daily.  Just madly in love with God.  But then, I slowly fell away.  Didn't even know I was falling until I had gone too far and looked back.  But rededicated my life back to God.  But that passion and zeal and "youthful energy" just doesn't seem to be there.  I feel that I have "lost my first love" as Revelation says. 

I also hate the deeds of Nicolaitans.  Such were a group od self professing "Christains", but they weren't actually Christian ... just like a lot of ppl in the world today.  And yes, just like the Scripture, I test such people, and find them liars!  Just as Revelation says.

8)

Giving hat I typed in #7, needless to say, I can't stand hypocrites. Weak and carnal brethren I can bare.  They can learn the Truth, and eventually change.  But a hypocrite is a wolf wearing sheeps clothing.  They cannot hide their nature for long ... no matter how hard they try.  Get them on the wrong moment on the wrong day ... and you will see their dark hearts laid out before all.  But, lol, discernment already told me about them long, long ago.  Even when they were smiling and saying all the right, Biblical words.  Discernment already knew, for the eyes of the Lord are like balls of fire.  Just as fire burns through everything, so to is nothing hidden from Him.

9)

I try to see things as GOD sees them, even when that goes against the grain of most Christains (who are pressing the anger of God anyway).

10)

I'm not giddy.  No high sprung.  Introverted.  But apparently deep when having one on one conversation with fellow believers .... but I know to sit in silence with my elders and absorb all I can get from them. 

11)

I'm lazy.  Don't fast or pray as much as I should, as much as I know we are COMMANDED to.  That explains why there is so little power in Christendom and individual believers these days (among other things).

12)

... and lastly, I know better than to speak high things of myself.  Mom said once, only once, to let OTHER PEOPLE speak well of you, not you brag of yourself.  Funny how I've never forgotten that.  So, on that note, I will respond as Peter did, regardless of everything I've typed about myself so far...

LORD, {YOU} KNOW.

Guest LadyC

i'm this kind of Christian:

i love God in all three persons... but i'm a lousy daughter. 

i love to be close to Him.... but i often find myself being too lazy to keep up with Him.

i love to talk to Him... but sometimes i can't think of a thing to say.

i love to hear Him speak... but sometimes i'm too busy to pick up His letters to me (the Bible) and read them.

i'm the kind of Christian who really wants to be completely faithful... but i fall so stinking short so frequently.

that's the kind of christian i am.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

we all have different personalities, but there are not kinds of Christians.....   you either are or you are not.

Guest LadyC

wow, donbim... i wrote mine before i read yours... but you sound a little like me! (or i sound a little like you...)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

I think I'm a simple Christian.  I believe Jesus was born of a virgin, was crucified for the sin of the world, was resurrected on the third day and that the only way to the Father is through Him.  I don't listen to any of the 'many paths to Heaven' nonsense; it's straight from the pit.