IGNORED

Should 'Cosmos' give more airtime to creationists?

OldSchool2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from IBT:

"Fox’s 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,' hosted by American astrophysicist and author Neil deGrasse Tyson, has come under fire from creationists who say the science series is biased against creationist theories about the origin of the universe. They say the hit show, a reboot of Carl Sagan’s popular 1980s documentary series 'Cosmos: A Personal Voyage,' should give more airtime to creationists.

During an interview with Right Wing Watch, Danny Faulkner, a creationist and astronomy professor from the Christian non-profit organization Answers in Genesis, said the show is biased against creationist scientists and that there are plenty of scientists who consider creationism a valid theory for how Earth came to be.

"'Creationists aren’t even on the radar screen for them, they wouldn’t even consider us plausible at all,' Faulkner told Right Wing Watch’s Janet Mefferd in response to her asking if 'Cosmos' producers 'ever give creationists some time ...'"

http://www.ibtimes.com/creationists-criticize-neil-degrasse-tysons-cosmos-want-more-airtime-religion-science-series-1563062

.... During an interview with Right Wing Watch, Danny Faulkner, a creationist and astronomy professor from the Christian non-profit organization Answers in Genesis, said the show is biased against creationist scientists and that there are plenty of scientists who consider creationism a valid theory for how Earth came to be.

"'Creationists aren’t even on the radar screen for them, they wouldn’t even consider us plausible at all,' Faulkner told Right Wing Watch’s Janet Mefferd in response to her asking if 'Cosmos' producers 'ever give creationists some time ...'" http://www.ibtimes.com/creationists-criticize-neil-degrasse-tysons-cosmos-want-more-airtime-religion-science-series-1563062

Should 'Cosmos' give more airtime to creationists?

:thumbsup:

It Seems

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

Earth Lovers Can't

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

Yet Jesus Loves Them

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Still He Calls Out To All Men

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

It is a TV show, it is giving what it thinks the target audience wants.  If the producers of the show thought there was a large enough audience of YECers then I am sure they would be glad to add it in.  If AIG wants more air time they can make their own show and see how it does.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

Yeah I refused to watch it because I don't like being lied to. 

Christian shows and movies get higher ratings and make more money and finally Hollywood is coming around to that fact. 

Not All T.V. Shows

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:2-4

Are

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Equal

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

~

It is a TV show, it is giving what it thinks the target audience wants. 

If the producers of the show thought there was a large enough audience of YECers then I am sure they would be glad to add it in. 

If AIG wants more air time they can make their own show and see how it does.

:thumbsup:

Beloved The Largest Audience For Fox IS The Bible Believer

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:1-3

Yet Fox T.V. Continues To Play Them

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. 2 Peter 2:1-3

Ever Wonder Why

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

from IBT:

"Fox’s 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,' hosted by American astrophysicist and author Neil deGrasse Tyson, has come under fire from creationists who say the science series is biased against creationist theories about the origin of the universe. They say the hit show, a reboot of Carl Sagan’s popular 1980s documentary series 'Cosmos: A Personal Voyage,' should give more airtime to creationists.

During an interview with Right Wing Watch, Danny Faulkner, a creationist and astronomy professor from the Christian non-profit organization Answers in Genesis, said the show is biased against creationist scientists and that there are plenty of scientists who consider creationism a valid theory for how Earth came to be.

"'Creationists aren’t even on the radar screen for them, they wouldn’t even consider us plausible at all,' Faulkner told Right Wing Watch’s Janet Mefferd in response to her asking if 'Cosmos' producers 'ever give creationists some time ...'"

http://www.ibtimes.com/creationists-criticize-neil-degrasse-tysons-cosmos-want-more-airtime-religion-science-series-1563062

I DVR'd this show and forgot about it.  Then when I saw your message....I Camera Actioned it.

This is a Vaudeville Type Skit.  I'll save this until I get back and invite friends over for Comedy Night @ The Ritz!!

Thanks for the Reminder :thumbsup:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

No, it is a science show.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

So should Christians give more airtime time to evolutionists?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

I would think it would depend on the topic of the program.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I would think it would depend on the topic of the program.
Any topic on the fallacy of evolution or the Big Bang theory minus God? Because that's what the Cosmos series does. It eliminates God from the equation. That's ok for the producers and unbelievers. But the moment God is mentioned it's a problem?

One cannot have ones cake and eat it as the old proverb goes....