IGNORED

Should 'Cosmos' give more airtime to creationists?

OldSchool2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I really enjoyed Sagan's Cosmos and followed the series closely (i am old ennough to have watched the original). I also enjoy the Big Bang Therory and Dancing with the Stars. All good light entertainment.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Hmmm...you may have missed the rest of that thought?

The 'church' did not act on God's behalf much of the time if we examine history and are versed in the 66 books known collectively as the Bible.

Bias often seems to be the indicator of ignorance in opposing views.

But who would admit to that................

I think my knowledge of history is what reinforces my belief that science should only include observation of nature with no preconceived notions based on metaphysical beings.  See how badly we've messed up the message in the past - see how that has held us up for so long in understanding our environment?  There's a place for God, but it is not in the lab.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The 'church' did not act on God's behalf much of the time if we examine history and are versed in the 66 books known collectively as the Bible.

I think my knowledge of history is what reinforces my belief that science should only include observation of nature with no preconceived notions based on metaphysical beings.  See how badly we've messed up the message in the past - see how that has held us up for so long in understanding our environment?  There's a place for God, but it is not in the lab.

A place for God! He will be so pleased to know He has been assigned a place!

The Pope at the time was actually fond of Galileo; he asked that Galileo also represent the Ptolemaic model. 

Sounds eerily familiar...like the "teach the controversy" of the ID/Creationist movement.  Again, do we want to go backward.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, The Roman Pope Was The Government Of Yesteryear

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: Isaiah 40:22

And Just Like The U.S. Government Of Today

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

He Supported Some Fables

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

As Knowledge (Science)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

And Why Do We Eerily

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 2:1(a-c )

March Backward

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Toward That Same Authority

~

What Does Ignorant Science Know About Sin

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Romans 5:12

Know About The Cosmic Wrath Of The Righteous One Yet To Consume The Universe

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 2 Peter 3:10-11

Know About This Same Creator God And His Love

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

And About His Redemption

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 1 Peter 18-20

And His Resurrection

And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. Mark 16:6

And Eternal

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:3-5

Life

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

What?

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

~

Believe

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:9-12                                                  

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-26

Love, Joe

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

you knowledge of history is a bit off, perhaps you should stick to science.  The "church" at the time of Galileo and others was also the governing power and the education establishment . Status quo was not being held onto due solely to religious reasons, it was a a power struggle that engulfed whole governments and the control of the people.  To put forth that Galileo was rejected because of religion so misses the rest of the story.  Might I suggest a book called "The Soul of Science" by Nancy Pearcey

you knowledge of history is a bit off, perhaps you should stick to science.  The "church" at the time of Galileo and others was also the governing power and the education establishment . Status quo was not being held onto due solely to religious reasons, it was a a power struggle that engulfed whole governments and the control of the people.  To put forth that Galileo was rejected because of religion so misses the rest of the story.  Might I suggest a book called "The Soul of Science" by Nancy Pearcey

what's the most powerful argument the government could use to keep the status quo of flat earth, earth-centered universe, man from dust, etc.?  I think my history is better than my science. Do we want to go back to letting religion dictate to the government what the government could dictate to science?

No, it is a science show.

So should Christians give more airtime time to evolutionists?

How would you feel about Neil D Tyson getting some airtime at your pulpit.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

what's the most powerful argument the government could use to keep the status quo of flat earth, earth-centered universe, man from dust, etc.?  I think my history is better than my science. Do we want to go back to letting religion dictate to the government what the government could dictate to science?

Religion was not dictating, it was used as a tool.  Politics ruled everything not religion. Oh and the flat earth is a myth.  By the time of Pythagoras and Aristotle the earth was known to be round.  By the middle ages, the time in question, the stance of the church was that the earth was not flat.  Do a little reading on the "flat earth myth"...it will help both your science and your history

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I gotta LOL at this one because you actually messed up MY little message.... :happyhappy:

No prob tho....I'm a history buff myself...while others fell asleep in class, I was all ears

There's a place for God...somewhere a place for God.....

sounds like a song...

well, He's got a place for you too you know....if you let Him

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

A place for God! He will be so pleased to know He has been assigned a place!

1The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,

the world, and all who live in it;

2for he founded it on the seas

and established it on the waters.  Psalm24

This is what the LORD says: Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. What house could you possibly build for Me? And what place could be My home?  Isaiah 66:1

yeah, he doesn't need much room...... :angel_smile: