ARGOSY

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I was actually trying to stress "the Day of the Lord" <-- That Day (not the rapture) will not coming except the falling away and man of sin be revealed first.

Anyway, Respectfully bowing out.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Brother Argosy,

Has anyone answered you about the 2Thess 2 passage you cited in your original post?

I too would like to know what Pre trivets say about this?

Surely Enoch has replied, hasn't he? Let me know what number any post has replied. I am on my cell now. Harder to get to.

Thanks

Enoch's focus has been to define the restrainer as the Holy Spirit, and so he has focussed on verses 3 onwards. I have repeatedly asked him to explain verse 1, defining who is gathered, and I have asked him to point to any post I may have missed. 

Up to now I'm not aware of an answer from pre-tribbers on who is gathered in verse 1, and why they are gathered only after the antichrist is revealed (during/after the tribulation)

=====================================================================

Unbelievable Argosy,

I've responded to you a number of times explaining;  when I find it  :huh:  that I should even have to explain.....an OBVIOUS style that we all learned in third grade, that everyone on the planet uses and recognizes, that verse 4 onwards is a detailed explanation of the first 3 Passages.

That is to say, the first few Passages are an overview...... a Thesis Statement, then the details of that are outlined in the FOLLOWING PASSAGES!!!! 

***Special Note ****  The Holy Spirit also uses this Style  (a Thesis Statement or Overview.....THEN, details of that overview in subsequent passages throughout the Entire Bible.  Start with (Genesis 1:1) "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."  Then GOD details that Thesis Statement in the following passages.

(2 Thessalonians 2:1-8) "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,  {2} That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.  {3} Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 

See this is a Thesis Statement     :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  an overview.   Special Note #2:  See the Semi-Colon after "perdition" that means the thought is continuing.  Even without the Semi-Colon, it's quite obvious the thought is continuing by the substance of the passages below 

{4} Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.  {5} Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?  {6} And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.  {7} For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.  {8} And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:"

See the "man of sin" and "son of perdition" in (2 Thessalonians 2:3) and "THAT WICKED" in (2 Thessalonians 2:8)  ARE ALL THE SAME PERSONAGE!!!

Please for the Love of everything Sacred and Holy, tell me that you see this?

I do understand all that you are saying, but once again I'm telling you that your view of the restrainer completely contradict verse 1-3 that states that our gathering occurs after the revealing of the antichrist.  Even if you call the first few verses "an overview",  this overview contradicts your view on the restrainer if the "gathering" is referring to the rapture. All I'm asking is what you think this "gathering" is in verse 1.   What do you think this gathering is: 2 Thess 2:1-3

Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our GATHERING together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one in any way deceive you, for IT WILL NOT COME unless the apostasy comes first, and THE MAN OF LAWLESSNESS IS REVEALED, the son of destruction

Because of this verse-

Matt 25:13

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
KJV

this revealing that is spoken of must be questioned to whom... if to the church then how can Matt 25:13 be fulfilled :noidea: