shodan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/march-web-only/world-vision-why-hiring-gay-christians-same-sex-marriage.html

From Christianity Today: 

World Vision's American branch will no longer require its more than 1,100 employees to restrict their sexual activity to marriage between one man and one woman.

Abstinence outside of marriage remains a rule. But a policy change announced Monday [March 24] will now permit gay Christians in legal same-sex marriages to be employed at one of America's largest Christian charities.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

"Stearns asserts that the "very narrow policy change" should be viewed by others as "symbolic not of compromise but of [Christian] unity." He even hopes it will inspire unity elsewhere among Christians."

So is the basis of the Emergent Church, throw out what scripture people disagree with in the name of unity.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

What a tragedy...

The headline from the article:

World Vision: Why We're Hiring Gay Christians in Same-Sex Marriages

(UPDATED) President Richard Stearns says change is a symbol of Christian ‘unity’ not ‘compromise.’

May all Christians here and abroad be found here:

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And not here, as the World Vision leader has now succumbed:

Rom 1:18-28

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

World Vision is not lining up with their own words, copied and pasted below from the World Vision website, emphasis mine:

Statement of Faith:

-We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.

-We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

-We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.

-We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.

-We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.

-We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.

-We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.”

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

wait gay christians? is that possible? how can you be gay and be a christian? i  mean i dont know their hearts so i may be wrong but would bbeing a gay christian be like being a she male? like with a she male they can get surgery for body parts but your still either a male or female you cant be both and you cant change from a boy to a girl or girl to a boy. so in that sense can u be gay and christian?

Guest shiloh357

wait gay christians? is that possible? how can you be gay and be a christian? i  mean i dont know their hearts so i may be wrong but would bbeing a gay christian be like being a she male? like with a she male they can get surgery for body parts but your still either a male or female you cant be both and you cant change from a boy to a girl or girl to a boy. so in that sense can u be gay and christian?

You can't be a gay and be a Christian. 

This is really tragic.  it shows just how liberal the church is becoming.  Reminds me of the church of Thyatira mentioned in the book of Revelation.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

You can't be a gay and be a Christian. 

This is really tragic.  it shows just how liberal the church is becoming.  Reminds me of the church of Thyatira mentioned in the book of Revelation.

shhhh! they might be watching.....;b

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Could this be considered part of the great falling away, apostasy?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Could this be considered part of the great falling away, apostasy?

Sounds like it to me.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

2 Timothy 3:1-5 tells us what it will be like in the last days.

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Look at how the above can apply to this situation.