• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

What's the point of judging somebody according to what they have done if they are destined for damnation anyway?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Revelation 20:12, 13 NASB

And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Just for everyone's convenience......

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Talking to many people, I have found people in general tend to compare themselves to others. One will say, I am much better then those people or that person. I have done all of these good things, so I am a good person.  

When a person who has not accepted Jesus stands before God, they come from a view, that they are basically a good person. Because they have done some good, God should accept them, especially looking at the lives of others which they are 'better' then. I think when God pulls out the book of deeds, it will become very clear how much of a sinner each person has been. I think it will end the talk of having been a good person compared to others. (I have heard that even the worst of offenders in prison have somethings they would never do, which makes them better then the absolute worst.)

Talking to many people, I have found people in general tend to compare themselves to others. One will say, I am much better then those people or that person. I have done all of these good things, so I am a good person.  

When a person who has not accepted Jesus stands before God, they come from a view, that they are basically a good person. Because they have done some good, God should accept them, especially looking at the lives of others which they are 'better' then. I think when God pulls out the book of deeds, it will become very clear how much of a sinner each person has been. I think it will end the talk of having been a good person compared to others. (I have heard that even the worst of offenders in prison have somethings they would never do, which makes them better then the absolute worst.)

I take your point and I'm not saying that their judgement will be a picnic for them, but does this suggest to you that they have a chance of salvation, no matter how small?

I take your point and I'm not saying that their judgement will be a picnic for them, but does this suggest to you that they have a chance of salvation, no matter how small?

No, I do not believe a person who has died has a second chance.  

I guess the way I see it, in the U.S. when a person is found guilty and sentenced with death, they are often in prison for many years. If the movies are the least bit accurate, at the time of their execution, their crimes (what they were found guilty of) are read to identify the reason for the execution and then the execution is performed in accordance with the law. In the book of deeds is a recording of the 'crimes'. The penalty is death, or the second death. So, the crimes are read and there is no excuse which can be offered.    

I guess the way I see it, in the U.S. when a person is found guilty and sentenced with death, they are often in prison for many years. If the movies are the least bit accurate, at the time of their execution, their crimes (what they were found guilty of) are read to identify the reason for the execution and then the execution is performed in accordance with the law. In the book of deeds is a recording of the 'crimes'. The penalty is death, or the second death. So, the crimes are read and there is no excuse which can be offered.    

That is not a judgement. That is simply a clarification of the verdict by breaking it down into detail. We all know what judgement means in the Bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

What's the point of judging somebody according to what they have done if they are destined for damnation anyway?

I think its judgment for them in that days what ever they do their at that time.

They already died for the sins, so those past sins are paid for, that was their penalty.

These people died because they were not overcomer yet, they didn't get complete victory.

They died before the time.

God's mercy let them finish it out if they choose to. As we read some don't

Some call it second chance, could just say God with his great mercy is not done with them yet.

Well the hard part might be with some is they may think God does not have to prove people out.

I think everybody is to be proven of their faith toward God.

So with that thought, death bed repentance people still have to be proven.

So where will that be done at, I think it in the 2nd resurrection.

God triest the heart.

You have to have Jesus to get a resurrection. 1st or 2nd

Psalm 1:5 says the ungodly will not stand(or rise) in the judgment.

How I see it so far.

I think its judgment for them in that days what ever they do their at that time.

They already died for the sins, so those past sins are paid for, that was their penalty.

These people died because they were not overcomer yet, they didn't get complete victory.

They died before the time.

God's mercy let them finish it out if they choose to. As we read some don't

Some call it second chance, could just say God with his great mercy is not done with them yet.

Well the hard part might be with some is they may think God does not have to prove people out.

I think everybody is to be proven of their faith toward God.

So with that thought, death bed repentance people still have to be proven.

So where will that be done at, I think it in the 2nd resurrection.

God triest the heart.

You have to have Jesus to get a resurrection. 1st or 2nd

Psalm 1:5 says the ungodly will not stand(or rise) in the judgment.

How I see it so far.

I'm not saying that these people won't need Jesus, all I'm saying is that they will be judged according to their deeds. And don't forget that Jesus is the judge so whatever the verdict is, it has to come through Jesus. So these people will be coming through Jesus, so to speak.

That is not a judgement. That is simply a clarification of the verdict by breaking it down into detail. We all know what judgement means in the Bible.

I do believe that is judgement. God already knows all who will be saved, and all that won't. The verdict is already known by God, but that does not mean that it is not judgement. God judges differently then humans. He doesn't need to discover the truth as to the guilt or innocence. Since God already knows, before we were born, the judgement is to show us. And to show that God is just.

I do believe that is judgement. God already knows all who will be saved, and all that won't. The verdict is already known by God, but that does not mean that it is not judgement. God judges differently then humans. He doesn't need to discover the truth as to the guilt or innocence. Since God already knows, before we were born, the judgement is to show us. And to show that God is just.

That doesn't make sense. Why bother to break down a person's deeds?

So Jesus is going to list a person's deeds (including the good ones) just to show us that he is judging people, but condemn them all anyway.

Consider the words 'according to'. You do realise that this is a conditional statement? The words 'according to' suggest that the deeds will be taken into consideration, that they influence the verdict. Nowhere in the Bible do these words mean anything else. If the verdict is based purely on whether you were a believer or not then the deeds are irrelevant.

Unless you believe that there are several different levels of Hell and God is using your deeds to determine which one you go to, then I can't see any other explanation. But there is nothing in scripture (to my knowledge) to suggest that there are different types of Hell.

Remember that Jesus gave us the gift of salvation free of charge. Believers accepted this gift. Non-believers didn't. They have to work for their salvation and that is why they are judged.