• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

I came across this article on Yahoo.  It fits exactly what I've been saying and what we could've expect before the flood when there was a canopy of water.  The earth would've been going through a greenhouse period.  Now science confirms that the carbon levels were higher, throwing off their testing.

http://news.yahoo.com/dinosaur-era-had-5-times-todays-co2-212124284.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Interesting. I read a theory that what actually killed the dinosaurs was an increase in oxygen levels (which could be expected with a decrease in CO2, I think?). This theory better explains why the dinosaur extinction was a slow process. (The meteor collision fails to adequately explain the slow die-off.)

was it a slow die off?  Of course I don't think they all went extinct at the exact time.  Every kind was represented on the Ark and many were hunted by man, many died off when the earth cooled after the canopy fell, etc.  There's evidence of dinos existing pretty much up until recent time.  Even then you hear legends of things that still exist in lakes and in the rainforests.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

anthonyjmcgirr - Now science confirms that the carbon levels were higher, throwing off their testing.

I didn't quite see in the article any reference to dating the earth at around 6,000 years, did you?  In fact the article seemed quite focused on climate change, not dating.  From the article “Dinosaurs that roamed the Earth 250 million years ago knew a world with five times more carbon dioxide than is present on Earth today, researchers say, and new techniques for estimating the amount of carbon dioxide on prehistoric Earth may help scientists predict how Earth's climate may change in the future.” 

There's evidence of dinos existing pretty much up until recent time.  Even then you hear legends of things that still exist in lakes and in the rainforests.

Evidence of dinosaurs existing recently, where is that evidence?  Unless you can provide evidence I have never seen any information that suggests co-habitation of humans and dinosaurs ...except with the “Flintstones”.

Edited by Tolken

Me and several others have presented tons of actual physical proof of man and dinosaurs co-existing.  Just because someone says "250 million years ago" I just don't accept it.  They have no physical proof of that.  It's just an unproven theory.  But them figuring out the world had 5 times more carbon at one point goes along with my theory that the world was like a greenhouse at one point before the flood, allowing for animals and humans to live much longer and growing to massive heights.  The bible says there were giants in those days and Job speaks of the Behemoth, described perfectly as a dinosaur and of no other animal living today.  What other animal is SO incredibly massive it's described in such a way, drinks up the river and has a tail so long it's described as a cedar?  Only one comes to mind...a Brontosaur? 

This evidence fits with the theories Creation scientists have about how the world would've looked before the flood.

anthonyjmcgirr -Me and several others have presented tons of actual physical proof of man and dinosaurs co-existing.

I'm afraid I haven't seen that, can you point me to that thread.

Just because someone says "250 million years ago" I just don't accept it.  They have no physical proof of that.  It's just an unproven theory.

Actually so is the earth/universe being 6,000 yrs. old unproven. Did you even bother to read this as posted on the other thread?  http://asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html

The bible says there were giants in those days and Job speaks of the Behemoth, described perfectly as a dinosaur and of no other animal living today.

I could be wrong but isn't "behemoth" only mentioned once in the Bible, Job 40:15?  Explain why that couldn't have simply been referring to an elephant, giraffe, hippo, etc.? As for "giants" that is in reference to people not animals. One would think that if all of the biblical characters of the old testament interacted with dinosaurs on a frequent basis it would be mentioned quite a bit more than once.    

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

anthonyjmcgirr -Me and several others have presented tons of actual physical proof of man and dinosaurs co-existing.

Just because someone says "250 million years ago" I just don't accept it.  They have no physical proof of that.  It's just an unproven theory.

Actually so is the earth/universe being 6,000 yrs. old unproven. Did you even bother to read this as posted on the other thread?  http://asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html

The bible says there were giants in those days and Job speaks of the Behemoth, described perfectly as a dinosaur and of no other animal living today.

I could be wrong but isn't "behemoth" only mentioned once in the Bible, Job 40:15?  Explain why that couldn't have simply been referring to an elephant, giraffe, hippo, etc.? As for "giants" that is in reference to people not animals. One would think that if all of the biblical characters of the old testament interacted with dinosaurs on a frequent basis it would be mentioned quite a bit more than once.    

======================================================================

Cambodia-Dinosaur-Closeup-300x286_zps9a4  ancient27_zpsfd6ec8de.jpg

Ica-Stone-Hunting-Dinos-Cleaned-Up1_zpsa     acambaro-dino-hi-res-252x300_zps61b77c8bancient29_zps545a4da6.jpg

ancient48_zpsb73eba39.jpg   ancient50_zpsb5ff6a66.jpg     Gryposaurus-and-Dogon-Bronze_zps12f6b849

A Metric Ton More Here: http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/

There are only 4 possible "rational" conclusions that can be drawn based on the above "evidence" (I have Thousands more):

1.  Humans Lived with Dinos.

2.  Multiple Cultures Conjured these from their imaginations and constructed pottery, architectural designs, paintings/drawings @ various times and different Geographical Separated Locations that Miraculously just so happen to fit Modern Paleontology's exact descriptions of these Creatures. (Including Skin Color/Designs)

3.  ALL Ancient Cultures had Paleontologists that: dug up bones, reconstructed them to exacting details including appropriate flesh anatomy, skin color, and design.  Then made Pottery, Architectural Motifs and Drawings depicting them exactly then reburied the Bones."

4.  All said Ancient Cultures "Guessed".

Please, what's your choice? (I can't wait)

Actually so is the earth/universe being 6,000 yrs. old unproven. Did you even bother to read this as posted on the other thread? http://asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html

So you're pointing out that there is no "Proof" either way, eh?  Then why do we get bombarded on a daily basis of Billions of Years and my Daughter's Earth Science Textbook states these Conjured Fairytale Long Ages as FACT??

What's the Big Deal about your Link?  Pull out what you wish to comment on and SUPPORT IT.

I could be wrong but isn't "behemoth" only mentioned once in the Bible, Job 40:15?  Explain why that couldn't have simply been referring to an elephant, giraffe, hippo, etc.?

A Giraffe, eh? How about a Ground Squirrel?

Start here with Leviathan and Behemoth:

One would think that if all of the biblical characters of the old testament interacted with dinosaurs on a frequent basis it would be mentioned quite a bit more than once.

This is just absolute conjecture here but maybe the Bible is not a "Dino-Human Interaction" choreography and GOD had more important TRUTH'S and Doctrines to Express??  Maybe?

Enoch2021 - This is just absolute conjecture here but maybe the Bible is not a "Dino-Human Interaction" choreography and GOD had more important TRUTH'S and Doctrines to Express??  Maybe?

If what you state is what you believe then why do attempt to present some poor artwork as absolute proof? lBut yes, conjecture is fine...but if dinosaurs actually existed in “Biblical” times one would think such enormous creature, and quite dangerous, would be mentioned...at least more than once. (Why do I need to start there..one verse is hardly supportive...well maybe an elephant)  It is worth considering “Chariots of gods” which offers art of extraterrestrials to promote the idea that life originated from such influence.  (It also invokes thoughts of Hoyle’s panspermia theories.) So there is proof that life originated by extraterrestrials, do you accept that?

As of yet there has been no hard “physical” evidence of human and dinosaur interaction. One would think that some fossil remains, you know a human flying on an archeopteryx - I believe that art was also found, would be found, but as of yet none.

Please, what's your choice? (I can't wait)

Just because I find your “style” amusing when you believe you’ve exhausted all possibilities...

*It is possible that fossils were found and drawings rendered based on them.
*It is possible that they were an exaggeration of known lizards and such.
*It is known that some of the art, ICA stones for example, are considered hoaxes and even some creationists believe so.
*One sees through biased eyes, as clearly some of the depictions are ambiguous at best.
*They could be composites drawings and considering the level of talent... 

What's the Big Deal about your Link?  Pull out what you wish to comment on and SUPPORT IT.

Why, the link is self explanatory...do you have a degree in Physics or Geology? So otherwise you go to a creationist site and pull info and I go to a legitimate science site and pull info.  As LookingForAnswers has suggested you can be directed to any number of sites where scientists and extremely well studied people would be glad to engage with you. In fact you may be able to contact Dr. Wiens, very personable and gracious, he is involved with science as opposed to simply trying to prove or disprove something.
Edited by Tolken

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

041_weather.gif

Sevenseas - Probably as accurate as the weather reports up here in VT! Is that a meteorolisaur?...and no tie!