• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Proof would be indisputable evidence, I should think. Perhaps the discovery of Dino bones and human remains in the same sediment. What do you think?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Gray Wolf - Proof would be indisputable evidence, I should think. Perhaps the discovery of Dino bones and human remains in the same sediment. What do you think?

Yes, I agree...at present no such evidence exists.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Proof would be indisputable evidence, I should think. Perhaps the discovery of Dino bones and human remains in the same sediment. What do you think?

So:

Dino Soft Tissue,

All the Architecture/Paintings/Pottery et al,

And GOD'S Description of Dino's,

is not Indisputable Proof but......................................... Sediment that contains Human and Dino Bones is Indisputable? 

Take a Gander @ Dr. Carl Werner's work. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Sediment that contains Human and Dino Bones is Indisputable? 

It really is.  One can do lab experiments accreting sediment.  Put soil in a container of water and let it settle, then later put a different type of soil in the container and let it settle, then later still, put a different type of soil in and let it settle.  The different soils act almost as a clock as the variable between the layers is the time they were added to the container.  Now, if all three types of soils were added at the same time, the soils would be mixed.  So simple yet so powerful 

Edited by jerryR34

I came across this article on Yahoo.  It fits exactly what I've been saying and what we could've expect before the flood when there was a canopy of water.  The earth would've been going through a greenhouse period.  Now science confirms that the carbon levels were higher, throwing off their testing.

http://news.yahoo.com/dinosaur-era-had-5-times-todays-co2-212124284.html

The Vapor Canopy Hypothesis Holds No Water

By Paul Farrar

In this short and, I hope, simple note I will discuss the physical implications of the often proposed "vapor canopy" explanation for the source of water for Noah's Flood as recorded in "Genesis".

Noah's Flood is alleged to have covered the mountains of the earth to a depth of 15 cubits (about 8m). To have covered Mt. Everest it would have required a depth of water of about 9km above sea level. If the flood was only required to cover the mountains in Urartu (Ararat), where Noah's boat is said to have settled, about 5km of water would be needed.

The "vapor canopy hypothesis" states that before the flood, the water existed in the atmosphere as water vapor. The flood occurred when this vapor condensed and fell as rain, flooding the earth. The flood subsided later, various explanations being given for where all that water went.

First, let us look at atmospheric pressure. For the earth's atmosphere, the pressure is almost exactly hydrostatic, since it is held to the earth by gravity and velocities are too low to significantly change the pressure. In plain language this means that the air pressure at any point is equal to the weight of the air in a unit area column above that point. At sea level, air pressure in US engineering units is about 14.5 pounds/sq inch because a column of air one inch square extending to the top of the atmosphere weighs (Guess what!?) 14.5 pounds. On top of Mt. Everest, the pressure is lower because the lowest and densest 9km of the atmosphere is below that point.

Now the "vapor canopy" would form a part of the atmosphere, being a body of gas (water vapor) gravitationally held to the earth. It would in fact be most of the pre-flood atmosphere. There would have to be enough vapor to form 9km of liquid, when condensed, and, therefore the vapor would weigh as much as 9km of water. The pressure at the earth's surface, where Noah and family lived, would be equal to one atmosphere PLUS the weight of a 9km column of water of unit area. This is equivalent to the pressure 9km deep in the ocean. What is this pressure? Well, each 10m of water is roughly equivalent to one atmosphere, so the pressure would be 900 atmospheres. The atmosphere would also have a composition of about 900 parts water vapor to one part of what we call air today.

How could an atmosphere almost 100% water vapor not condense? The temperature would have to be raised to the point where the partial pressure of water equals 900 atmospheres, i.e. the boiling point at that pressure. So we find Noah et al. living in a 13,000psi boiler. Is this credible?

No one has addressed this.  As the OP referenced the water canopy, thought the physics of that would be relevant...

Sediment that contains Human and Dino Bones is Indisputable? 

It really is.  One can do lab experiments accreting sediment.  Put soil in a container of water and let it settle, then later put a different type of soil in the container and let it settle, then later still, put a different type of soil in and let it settle.  The different soils act almost as a clock as the variable between the layers is the time they were added to the container.  Now, if all three types of soils were added at the same time, the soils would be mixed.  So simple yet so powerful 

===================================================================================

Simple eh?

Ok, get your container and put all the different "soils" on the Earth and all the Bones/Flesh....then Mimic the Tidal Flows including "PRESSURE"  and, the unknown variables.....of which we don't know for the "Great Flood",  for approx. 300 days and conduct your experiment.

Anything less are Extrapolations from Fairy Tales.

Please don't proffer the Backyard/Marbles/Garden Hose Scenario, Thanks.

for approx. 300 days

What did the animals eat if the flood was 300 days and everything on earth was killed (think herbivore)?

The sedimentation and hydraulics would work the same in your backyard as they would in a global flood.  You are simply trying to muddy the waters (pun intended).  Show evidence of a world wide sediment layer consistent with a world-wide flood.  It would require the layer to be in all areas of the globe, with mixed mineral, organic, and fossil content.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I came across this article on Yahoo.  It fits exactly what I've been saying and what we could've expect before the flood when there was a canopy of water.  The earth would've been going through a greenhouse period.  Now science confirms that the carbon levels were higher, throwing off their testing.

http://news.yahoo.com/dinosaur-era-had-5-times-todays-co2-212124284.html

The Vapor Canopy Hypothesis Holds No Water

By Paul Farrar

In this short and, I hope, simple note I will discuss the physical implications of the often proposed "vapor canopy" explanation for the source of water for Noah's Flood as recorded in "Genesis".

Noah's Flood is alleged to have covered the mountains of the earth to a depth of 15 cubits (about 8m). To have covered Mt. Everest it would have required a depth of water of about 9km above sea level. If the flood was only required to cover the mountains in Urartu (Ararat), where Noah's boat is said to have settled, about 5km of water would be needed.

The "vapor canopy hypothesis" states that before the flood, the water existed in the atmosphere as water vapor. The flood occurred when this vapor condensed and fell as rain, flooding the earth. The flood subsided later, various explanations being given for where all that water went.

First, let us look at atmospheric pressure. For the earth's atmosphere, the pressure is almost exactly hydrostatic, since it is held to the earth by gravity and velocities are too low to significantly change the pressure. In plain language this means that the air pressure at any point is equal to the weight of the air in a unit area column above that point. At sea level, air pressure in US engineering units is about 14.5 pounds/sq inch because a column of air one inch square extending to the top of the atmosphere weighs (Guess what!?) 14.5 pounds. On top of Mt. Everest, the pressure is lower because the lowest and densest 9km of the atmosphere is below that point.

Now the "vapor canopy" would form a part of the atmosphere, being a body of gas (water vapor) gravitationally held to the earth. It would in fact be most of the pre-flood atmosphere. There would have to be enough vapor to form 9km of liquid, when condensed, and, therefore the vapor would weigh as much as 9km of water. The pressure at the earth's surface, where Noah and family lived, would be equal to one atmosphere PLUS the weight of a 9km column of water of unit area. This is equivalent to the pressure 9km deep in the ocean. What is this pressure? Well, each 10m of water is roughly equivalent to one atmosphere, so the pressure would be 900 atmospheres. The atmosphere would also have a composition of about 900 parts water vapor to one part of what we call air today.

How could an atmosphere almost 100% water vapor not condense? The temperature would have to be raised to the point where the partial pressure of water equals 900 atmospheres, i.e. the boiling point at that pressure. So we find Noah et al. living in a 13,000psi boiler. Is this credible?

No one has addressed this.  As the OP referenced the water canopy, thought the physics of that would be relevant...

There is an error in the water canopy narrative.  The flood was not only the result of rain, but also of waters that burst forth from the deep. 

for approx. 300 days

What did the animals eat if the flood was 300 days and everything on earth was killed (think herbivore)?

The sedimentation and hydraulics would work the same in your backyard as they would in a global flood.  You are simply trying to muddy the waters (pun intended).  Show evidence of a world wide sediment layer consistent with a world-wide flood.  It would require the layer to be in all areas of the globe, with mixed mineral, organic, and fossil content.

===================================================================================

The sedimentation and hydraulics would work the same in your backyard as they would in a global flood.

Support?

And your Hydraulics crack me up.  The LORD said the Highest Mountains were covered.....How much Pressure on the "sea floor" would that be?  Tidal flows....you can duplicate that lol?

Show evidence of a world wide sediment layer consistent with a world-wide flood.

Don't have to.....Fossils are the evidence.

The Geologic Column and ages are a fiasco and I've already showed you this multiple times.  And I'm in Luck, I'm currently using my daughter's computer, (mine is in the shop) so I can't pull the source up for you again.....for like the 12th time

It would require the layer to be in all areas of the globe, with mixed mineral, organic, and fossil content.

Have you examined "all over the Globe"?  Including 500-1000 feet under the surface?

Have you factored in 6000 years of Erosion and Plate Tectonics?

What did the animals eat if the flood was 300 days and everything on earth was killed (think herbivore

Food

The sedimentation and hydraulics would work the same in your backyard as they would in a global flood.

Support?

And your Hydraulics crack me up.  The LORD said the Highest Mountains were covered.....How much Pressure on the "sea floor" would that be?  Tidal flows....you can duplicate that lol?

Please explain with support how the particulates supported in the water of a global flood would act any differently than they would in any other body of water.

Show evidence of a world wide sediment layer consistent with a world-wide flood.

Don't have to.....Fossils are the evidence.

The fossil evidence shows exactly the opposite.  An orderly layering of fossils based on speciation over time rather than the jumbled mess of a world-wide cataclysm (example humans and dinosaurs in the same strata).

The Geologic Column and ages are a fiasco and I've already showed you this multiple times.  And I'm in Luck, I'm currently using my daughter's computer, (mine is in the shop) so I can't pull the source up for you again.....for like the 12th time

With all due respect, you have not shown this to me once.

Have you examined "all over the Globe"?  Including 500-1000 feet under the surface?

Have you?  Has anyone?  Are you saying that the areas of the globe 500 - 1000 are hiding something that science has missed in relation to Noah's flood?

Have you factored in 6000 years of Erosion and Plate Tectonics?

Yes - hundreds of millions of years actually.

What did the animals eat if the flood was 300 days and everything on earth was killed (think herbivore

Food

How was there food if the world was covered in water for 300 days killing everything?