• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Stephen,

I do agree that there are many Blessings to receive by going  to a House of Praise & Worship ,not to mention the Blessings that God delivers to the congregation through you................fellowship with our Brothers & Sisters is wonderful,encouraging and one of the many  benefits of going to church versus staying at home to praise & worship alone..............for me,hearing the Rhema Word of God fills my spirit quenches my thirst in a way that is unlike any other

It is true that it is not mandatory that a Christian attend church but I do not know why anyone would want to miss out on any Blessings.....there must be something really good about it or the enemy would not try every trick in the book ,giving Christians every reason under the sun not to attend services.I will tell you ,even when I was sick as a dog going through chemo/radiation,even when I had to literally crawl into church -lo,I always walked out much better than I came in.....I have been to church in pajamas,slippers & a robe ......and I would highly recommend it if anyone is that sick....you won't be that way for long!Church is awesome.....Praise & Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We need the encouragement that we get from corporate worship and fellowship. Good teaching keeps us within orthodox and evangelical Christian beliefs. No one is under compulsion or the law to go to church. But we are told in Hebrews 10:24-25 to urge each other to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, especially as we see that day approaching. Even when 2 or 3 are gathered together in Christ's Name, He is in the midst of them.

I once told myself that I didn't need to go to church to be a Christian so I stopped going to please my unsaved husband. It caused me to slowly backslide till I realized it had been months since I had prayed and even longer since I had read my Bible. TV church is not a substitute, nor is the internet. But a home church that is under the guidance of a church can be very beneficial as can home Bible studies. Navagators have produced excellent basic studies, for instance.

However, I know of some that devised their own religion that have home churches, so one has to be very careful about choosing one. Cults often try to endoctrinate by coming to your house with a home bible study. Others creep in trying to get people to follow themselves instead of Christ.

The first churches met in peoples homes, and even the Jews at first had home worship except for holidays . But families were large then and often included extended families in their home groups.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

A very good and genuine christian,who doesn't go or attend church service,must be a dangerous christian,by their fruit we shall know them.what is church,a place we gather together as a beliver,so church is you and me.if people refuse to turn up in a church,it will not be intresting,the pastor will not be preaching to empty chairs.or empty church.any christian who refuse to attend church service for no important reason,must be a dangerous christian.Jesus condemed selfrighteousness.A christian oughter to go to church,

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

An unfortunate truth to consider on this topic is that we all know that the scriptural ideal and example is to gather together often and regularly. This is what the early church did. I believe that there are only 2 core reasons we do not conform to this. The first is that the church assemblies themselves are often not very spiritually alive and vibrant. People do not want to go to these kind of church meetings because they are either devoid of the life of God and the Holy Spirit, or the life and excitement that is there is completely human in origin, just a bunch of hype and religious activity. This is sad but true, and it is hard to bear for someone who is seeking the real Jesus and real fellowship with other people seeking the same. The second reason is that there is something wrong with the individual who makes excuses not to fellowship at an assembly where real, Spirit-led and Spirit-empowered Christianity is being practiced. The problem here is often offenses and hurts. Otherwise, the issue is likely that this person is not very committed or in love with Christ. There are always rare exceptions to what I am presenting (Home-bound persons, for instance), but these 2 core reasons probably cover 95% of all of the issues.

"On fire" people are drawn to each other and understand the powerful dynamic of fellowship. If one is not burning with passion for the Lord, that is the first issue to find the solution for!!

Blessings,

Andy

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

It is not a Christian issue if a person goes to Church or not.It is a Christian's choice.God can not be contained in 4 walls.Alot of people can not go to Church for a variety of reasons.

I agree with this..The Lord looks at our motives..in all that we do.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Hebrews: "23 let us hold fast the confession of our hope that it waver not; for he is faithful that promised: 24 and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and good works; 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as the custom of some is, but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day drawing nigh. " ------------ "always go to church"? LOL I think some pastors would like that. -------- I know of no commandment on how often to go to church, but we are admonished not to forsake the assembling. I am not in favor of living at the church; nor do I think that a man's Christian life consists in the abundance of meetings he attends. Nor do I like the idea that one is a 2nd class member if he attend not all the meetings. ------------ My theory has long been that a church should (as much as possible) do it all in one time block to save travel time back and forth. In other words, in one block of time each week, there should be opportunity for fellowship, Bible teaching, the Lord's Supper, and prayer (real prayer for each other's needs). I have long thought that the only reason for a Sunday night service should be for those who can't attend Sunday morning (if your church has its main meeting on Sunday morning). ---------------- I would prefer to do it all on Saturday night and sleep in on Sunday morning -- let the Christian get some rest on Sunday. Of course Saturday night is the start of the first day in Biblical definition (sun down apparently begins the new day). But neither do I consider it a necessity to assemble on Sunday. -------------- How can you love the Lord and your fellow Christian the best in this matter?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I don't attend church because I haven't found one that isn't lukewarm or teaches a false version of Christianity. I'd like to find one but there don't seem to be any locally.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I don't attend church because I haven't found one that isn't lukewarm or teaches a false version of Christianity. I'd like to find one but there don't seem to be any locally.

I feel for you. My rural area is full of good churches.

I agree with Shiloh. May I add that if a Christian is sick, they should be obeying scripture and calling for the Elders to come and annoint and pray for them, and the scripture indicates that the Lord WILL raise them up AND forgive them of any sins that might be involved. I think that is an awesome instruction and promise! In the book of Hebrews, we are told not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together AND even the MORE SO as we see "the day" approaching (the return of Christ). We all like to talk about how Christ is coming back soon, but very few of us strive to meet together more often than what the early church was! The problem is that the last days are busy, filled with "knowledge" and "running to and fro". These are "perilous times" according to Paul, and IMHO, its because of all the distractions and busyness that abounds. If we are too busy to be in much fellowship with other genuine Christians, then we should ask ourselves what all we are busy with that is more important than giving heed to the scriptures and what they say about it. The world knows that we are Jesus' disciples by how we love one another! If I love my television or video games or hobbies or making excessive money more than I love other Christians, I do not have Jesus' priorities straight!

Let us strive to put every weight and hindrance aside in this matter and lovingly fellowship together as never before!!

In Him,

Andy

PS- Innocent, I believe absolutely that we should also worship AND fellowship in our homes!!

It is not often that I tell someone, that they have expressed the things I had wanted to say. You pretty much covered my thoughts. Good job!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Bible_Gazer......yes for sure, aren't we fortunate to be able to say we GET to go to Church. It always sounds more inviting to a friend or anyone that may have asked you to go to some other function on a Sunday and you reply with....not now, I get to go to Church.

Jesus did mention in Mat 18:20 that where two or three may gather together in His Name that He would be there in their midst.  Of course that can well mean a home just as Church.  I tend to think that the Lord does smile....and when He sees us in a Church setting praising Him, He smiles all the more.   :mgbowtie: