rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I thought this might be an interesting subject to kick around.   Any thoughts on what the (hour of trial) is and/or how long it will last in the passage below?

Revelation 3:7-13 (NKJV)
(7) “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: (8) “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. (9) Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. (10) Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (11) Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. (12) He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

(13) “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

Cheers

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Imo, when Mystery Babylon falls, the Philadelphia church is gathered in the wilderness.  Unfortunately, the tares and others are gathered also, and then Babylon is 'rebooted'.  The Laodicean church (which possibly includes some Jews) wants back into Babylon.  At this stage, there is no overt worshipping of the person in charge that 'saved their llves'.  Maybe the Red Cross gives out new ID numbers for the millions of survivors that will form the basis for the new govt. in the US ("cyber-attacks" "destroyed" our "social security number system").

Since the Philadelphia church isn't going back into the system to begin with, they are spared the "hour of trial" (the decision to take the mark of the beast) - people who are let into the new system are greeted with the eventual "strings attached" to the new system -" it's our god who saved you, so get with the program and worship him or we'll kill you."

Just brainstorming here.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

In Revelation 3:10,Christ promises to deliver believers from the "hour of trial" that is going to come upon the earth.Christ could protect believers in the mist of trials,or He will deliver believers out of the trials.It is not just the trial,but the "hour" of trial.That would be the tribulation.The purpose of the tribulation,the purpose of the rapture,the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 5:9,and the interpretation of Revelation 3:10 all give clear to the pre-tribulation position.This is what conclusion you would come up with if you read the Bible literally.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Thunder

I think that the Churches of today worldwide have a mixture of what was written to the seven Churches.  None are exempt.  So the letter written to the Church in Philadelphia should be intertwined in most all Churches.  So it maybe written to those members who fit this letter.

Now the "Hour of Trial" which is going to come upon the whole earth, is of issue here.  Two perspectives, I believe, are:  First - The entire 70th week of Daniel or Second - the  Last half of the 70th week of Daniel.

Pre-trib votes for the entire week.  Mid-trib or pre-wrath vote for the last half of the week.  I don't see a post-trib position here.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Imo, when Mystery Babylon falls, the Philadelphia church is gathered in the wilderness.  Unfortunately, the tares and others are gathered also, and then Babylon is 'rebooted'.  The Laodicean church (which possibly includes some Jews) wants back into Babylon.  At this stage, there is no overt worshipping of the person in charge that 'saved their llves'.  Maybe the Red Cross gives out new ID numbers for the millions of survivors that will form the basis for the new govt. in the US ("cyber-attacks" "destroyed" our "social security number system").

Since the Philadelphia church isn't going back into the system to begin with, they are spared the "hour of trial" (the decision to take the mark of the beast) - people who are let into the new system are greeted with the eventual "strings attached" to the new system -" it's our god who saved you, so get with the program and worship him or we'll kill you."

Just brainstorming here.

Hey tranquil,

I'm not sure about some of the things you said, but I think you're on to something with the mark of the beast here. :thumbsup:

Cheers

In Revelation 3:10,Christ promises to deliver believers from the "hour of trial" that is going to come upon the earth.Christ could protect believers in the mist of trials,or He will deliver believers out of the trials.It is not just the trial,but the "hour" of trial.That would be the tribulation.The purpose of the tribulation,the purpose of the rapture,the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 5:9,and the interpretation of Revelation 3:10 all give clear to the pre-tribulation position.This is what conclusion you would come up with if you read the Bible literally.

Greetings bopeep,

One of these days we may actually agree on something, but today is not that day. I read my Bible literally too, but I do not assume the hour of trial is the tribulation, nor does that assumption support a pre-tribulation rapture. :read: :read: :read:

Cheers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I thought this might be an interesting subject to kick around.   Any thoughts on what the (hour of trial) is in the passage below and/or how long it will last?

Revelation 3:7-13 (NKJV)

(7) “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: (8) “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. (9) Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. (10) Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (11) Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. (12) He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

(13) “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

Cheers

I believe its the day of wrath, the day of the Lord. We will be raptured on that day... and not experience the wrath of God, the great earthquake that removes every mountain and island, the hailstones, the destruction of the armies at Armageddon. The judgment on the nations, some reduced to lakes of fire, others becoming a desert wasteland. Nations humbled before God.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

deliverance is protection in the hour of trial on the earth for the saints not rapturing them away 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Thunder

I think that the Churches of today worldwide have a mixture of what was written to the seven Churches.  None are exempt.  So the letter written to the Church in Philadelphia should be intertwined in most all Churches.  So it maybe written to those members who fit this letter.

Now the "Hour of Trial" which is going to come upon the whole earth, is of issue here.  Two perspectives, I believe, are:  First - The entire 70th week of Daniel or Second - the  Last half of the 70th week of Daniel.

Pre-trib votes for the entire week.  Mid-trib or pre-wrath vote for the last half of the week.  I don't see a post-trib position here.

In Christ

Montana Marv

You still cannot prove the 70 th week in revelation 

the 70 th week has already been fullfilled 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Izzel

If the 70th Week is already completed;  When did Daniels people (Israel) and his holy city (Jerusalem)  complete the six tasks of Dan 9:24.?

In Christ

Montana Marv