rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

In Revelation 3:10,Christ promises to deliver believers from the "hour of trial" that is going to come upon the earth.Christ could protect believers in the mist of trials,or He will deliver believers out of the trials.It is not just the trial,but the "hour" of trial.That would be the tribulation.The purpose of the tribulation,the purpose of the rapture,the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 5:9,and the interpretation of Revelation 3:10 all give clear to the pre-tribulation position.This is what conclusion you would come up with if you read the Bible literally.

deliverance is protection in the hour of trial on the earth for the saints not rapturing them away

Exactly, if you study the Greek, it can easily mean "keep you safe during the hour of trial". I personally just associate the hour of trial with the day of the Lord... but the souls of Christians will be kept safe during the tribulation even if we are physically martyred.

Then if all the Christians go into the tribulation we would all have our heads cut off because we would probably not take the Mark.Do you think God wants that for His children?

If we are talking about us as his children .. or the view of tribulation saints... its clear that God allows persecution and trials for his children. He surely does not want it, but God is aware that there is a spiritual war and evil on this earth, and we are the light within the evil environment. When light shines in the darkness it is exposed ... and in this evil world this will bring persecutions.

Verse for the great tribulation:

Dan 7 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

Rev 13 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven.

Rev 12 she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach. 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Note in all 3 cases the church is persecuted for 3.5 years. This is a definite future event. In context these are not treated as a new holy people that is suddenly persecuted, but context seems to indicate its an existing holy people that then undergo persecution.

The bible is clear that many are martyred, and yet the bible is also clear that there are many elect that are raptured at the second coming as well. Let's not speculate about all being beheaded, the scriptures say that we wont all be beheaded. We will all be raptured when Jesus comes, the dead will rise first.

I think God loves his children way too much to allow his children who he loves more than than we can comprehend to suffer his wrath.The Bible tells us that we will not suffer His wrath.He will not lead us into the tribulation to be slaughted like a bunch of cattle.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

In Revelation 3:10,Christ promises to deliver believers from the "hour of trial" that is going to come upon the earth.Christ could protect believers in the mist of trials,or He will deliver believers out of the trials.It is not just the trial,but the "hour" of trial.That would be the tribulation.The purpose of the tribulation,the purpose of the rapture,the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 5:9,and the interpretation of Revelation 3:10 all give clear to the pre-tribulation position.This is what conclusion you would come up with if you read the Bible literally.

deliverance is protection in the hour of trial on the earth for the saints not rapturing them away

Exactly, if you study the Greek, it can easily mean "keep you safe during the hour of trial". I personally just associate the hour of trial with the day of the Lord... but the souls of Christians will be kept safe during the tribulation even if we are physically martyred.

Then if all the Christians go into the tribulation we would all have our heads cut off because we would probably not take the Mark.Do you think God wants that for His children?

If we are talking about us as his children .. or the view of tribulation saints... its clear that God allows persecution and trials for his children. He surely does not want it, but God is aware that there is a spiritual war and evil on this earth, and we are the light within the evil environment. When light shines in the darkness it is exposed ... and in this evil world this will bring persecutions.

Dan 7 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

Rev 13 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven.

Rev 12 she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach. 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Note in all 3 cases the church is persecuted for 3.5 years. This is a definite future event. In context these are not treated as a new holy people that is suddenly persecuted, but context seems to indicate its an existing holy people that then undergo persecution.

The bible is clear that many are martyred, and yet the bible is also clear that there are many elect that are raptured at the second coming as well. Let's not speculate about all being beheaded, the scriptures say that we wont all be beheaded. We will all be raptured when Jesus comes, the dead will rise first.

I think God loves his children way too much to allow his children who he loves more than than we can comprehend to suffer his wrath.The Bible tells us that we will not suffer His wrath.He will not lead us into the tribulation to be slaughted like a bunch of cattle.

Do you believe God loves us a lot more than your tribulation saints? There are believers who will be slaughtered, I pointed out the verses. Here's another verse:

Rev 6

I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[e] were killed just as they had been.

Rev 20

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands.

Us Christians have been slaughtered for 2000 years now. Maybe you are currently living in a safe country, but I don't see the principle that you are so confidently describing as being a biblical principle. Sure we do not suffer the outpouring of wrath on the day of the Lord, but other than that God promises us persecutions repeatedly.

2 Thessalonians 1 is clear that believers who undergo persecution only receive their relief at the second coming:

God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

The 3.5 years has past already yet still the saint will be persecuted 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

This is commonly taken to refer to the tribulation.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

The 3.5 years has past already yet still the saint will be persecuted

If the 3.5 years and/or 42 months have already passed, then history would have recorded the resurrection after the time of trouble (tribulation-Matt. 24:21).

Daniel 12:1-2

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Keep studying, brother.  History has recorded no such resurrection yet.

By the way, this resurrection will be the same one that precedes the gathering of the elect (rapture) in (Matt. 24:29-31).  Compare Dan. 12:1 with Matt.24:21.  It's the same abomination of desolation, same tribulation, and the same resurrection/rapture.  The dead will rise first, then those who are alive will be gathered, just as the apostle Paul said in 1 Thes. 4:16-17. 

Cheers

I thought this might be an interesting subject to kick around.   Any thoughts on what the (hour of trial) is and/or how long it will last in the passage below?

Revelation 3:7-13 (NKJV)

(7) “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: (8) “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. (9) Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. (10) Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (11) Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. (12) He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

(13) “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

Cheers

Sorry for the delay. It took me longer than I thought to finish this study, not to mention that my procrastination didn't help much either.

Here's my take. Two questions come immediately to mind here. What exactly is the hour, and what is this coming trial?

An hour can have two meanings. It can be either a literal measurement of sixty minutes, or it can also be a brief period or short span of time. Then we have the trial, which is said to be a testing of all the inhabitants of the earth, with the exception of those who will be kept from this hour. If those who are kept from the hour of trial are raptured beforehand, as I believe they will be, then those who are left will then be tested. If people missed the rapture, it seems that the only logical thing that the inhabitants of the earth would be tested on would be whether or not they will take the mark of the beast.

Revelation 14:9-13

Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’”

“Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”

Only four types of people will remain after the rapture, martyrs who will refuse the mark of the beast, the remnant of Jews who will flee into the mountains, the sheep and goats that will be judged when Christ returns to judge the nations.

If everyone, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave are forced to take the mark of the beast, this will be a monumental task that will require a global government. No wonder this beast has ten horns. It's highly likely the world will be divided up into ten regions. Then the ten kings will be empowered to implement and enforce the forbidden mark of the beast.

Revelation 17:12-13

And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. (13) These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

So it appears that the hour of trial that will come upon all of the inhabitants of the earth is very likely to be the same hour the ten kings will appear on the world stage. This will definitely not be a literal 60 minute hour. It will take at least a couple weeks to accomplish this evil deed, so I would guess the hour of trial will last about a week or two. I'm guessing a month because Daniel said these wonders would run 1290 days (Dan. 12:11-12). This still leaves 45 extra days (1335) for the Lord to return with His saints and destroy this evil empire and to save the remaining survivors of the nations.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, (10) and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (11) And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, (12) that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I believe the strong delusion also relates to the mark of the beast as well. The false prophet will pull the wool over the unbelievers eyes with his lying wonders. He will probably make the mark of the beast sound wonderful and say how necessary it is for security purposes, not to mention how it will prevent identity theft, etc.  But it's just a strong delusion for those who do not love the truth.

Revelation 19:19-21

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. (20) But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. (21) The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Conclusion: I don't believe we can positively know exactly how long the hour of trial will last, but I do believe it is the time when the mark of the beast is implemented and also when God sends the strong delusion upon the unbelievers.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I thought this might be an interesting subject to kick around.   Any thoughts on what the (hour of trial) is and/or how long it will last in the passage below?Revelation 3:7-13 (NKJV)(7) “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: (8) “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. (9) Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. (10) Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (11) Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. (12) He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Cheers

Hour of trouble or testing that is about to come upon the whole world= first half of the 70th week, up to abomination.

I thought this might be an interesting subject to kick around.   Any thoughts on what the (hour of trial) is and/or how long it will last in the passage below?Revelation 3:7-13 (NKJV)(7) “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

Cheers

Hour of trouble or testing that is about to come upon the whole world= first half of the 70th week, up to abomination.

Cheers

I highly doubt it. The first 42 months will be the calm before the storm and the Temple will be re-built. The hour of trial will come very late and will be short lived. I believe this will be the time when the mark of the beast will be implemented and enforced. Way after the abomination of desolation, and before God's wrath.

Cheers

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Thunder

How is it that the mark of the beast can be implemented in the second half when there is no peace on earth?  Men are killing each other (2nd Seal), Followed by famine (3rd Seal), and then 1/4 of mankind are killed (4th Seal)  This is chaos, not a peaceful time.

Or are men killing  each other to be first in line for the mark of the beast (like a sale at a good store).  And then with fewer people to work the fields there is famine.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Thunder

How is it that the mark of the beast can be implemented in the second half when there is no peace on earth?  Men are killing each other (2nd Seal), Followed by famine (3rd Seal), and then 1/4 of mankind are killed (4th Seal)  This is chaos, not a peaceful time.

Or are men killing  each other to be first in line for the mark of the beast (like a sale at a good store).  And then with fewer people to work the fields there is famine.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Governments don't shut down just because they send men to war.

Actually, I believe the chaos will begin when the world economy collapses before the mark of the beast comes into play. Not only will the people be looting and robbing each other, but nations will be in distress, not knowing what to do. Many will starve to death. They won't need peace to implement the mark of the beast, but rather, the mark will probably be presented as the solution to solve all of the problems and chaos.

Cheers