Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bestrfcplayer

On the Wstboro Baptist Church

47 posts in this topic

I know it’s a bit late, but as I’m sure that many of you are aware, the Westboro Baptist Church’s leader, Fred Phelps, is dead. Now, I know that a lot of you, especially in the secular world and even fellow Christians are rejoicing at his death. But it is a sin to mock someone when they are dead, no matter how much evil they have done during their lifetime. Not even Hitler deserved to be mocked when he died. Why? Because we are all human and make mistakes and should not judge a brother or sister -which we all are- because we ourselves are at fault. I know I’d be the first to say that I am a sinner before God, and would not judge anyone. Jesus says in Mt 5:22 “But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgement.” And that is what I tell you today brothers and sisters, do not hold a grudge against this man who has said many harmful things in his life, and pray for his soul that during the last few moments of his life, he will have found that all that he has been saying about gays, picketing funerals and the like were wrong, harmful and sinful and that he turned to God with a clean heart.

I know it’s a bit late, but as I’m sure that many of you are aware, the Westboro Baptist Church’s leader, Fred Phelps, is dead. Now, I know that a lot of you, especially in the secular world and even fellow Christians are rejoicing at his death. But it is a sin to mock someone when they are dead, no matter how much evil they have done during their lifetime. Not even Hitler deserved to be mocked when he died. Why? Because we are all human and make mistakes and should not judge a brother or sister -which we all are- because we ourselves are at fault. I know I’d be the first to say that I am a sinner before God, and would not judge anyone. Jesus says in Mt 5:22 “But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgement.” And that is what I tell you today brothers and sisters, do not hold a grudge against this man who has said many harmful things in his life, and pray for his soul that during the last few moments of his life, he will have found that all that he has been saying about gays, picketing funerals and the like were wrong, harmful and sinful and that he turned to God with a clean heart.

Where have any of us rejoiced at his death?

Where have any of us rejoiced at his death?

Not any of you, I'm just putting this out there and seeing what you guys think. Should have said that first.

Who is Fred Phelps.

He was the "pastor" of that "church."

I'll pull out a sentence from your post- 'Not even Hitler deserved to be mocked when he died. Why? Because we are all human and make mistakes and should not judge a brother or sister -which we all are

I'll start by saying, I do not beliee we are all brothers and sisters. From a Christian perspective, a brother or sister is a person of like Spirit. I would not call Hitler a brother, because he was not a physical/genetic brother. And unless he repented and accepted Jesus before he died, in life, he did not show any fruit of the spirit, or in any speach, confess Jesus as his Lord.

For Hitler, who did such huge attrocities, those whom Hitler abused, sometimes did mock him as a part of the healing process. While I would agree that we should not mock those who have departed, some of the departed leave a lot of wounded victoms behind. And mocking helps the victoms who are living.

I don't disagree with your sentiment in general. Just, we are not all brothers and sisters with all people, and maybe Hitler was not a good example. (A sample of mocking Hitler can be seen in a movie called The Producers by Mel Brooks. It was considered a big step toward healing, as the abused can laugh at their tormenter rather then hang their heads or hide in fear).   

What I think?  Seriously?

I think that this op sounds horribly judgmental on so many levels.

What I know?  "For God so loved the world" and that means me, you and Phelps.  Amen  

In case you need a reminder of LOVE -

Look below and read.

Peace to you,

Prair

John 3:16-17

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 

17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Hitler was not/is not my brother in any way shape or form.

Not that is for me to judge a murdering psychopath, God judges, but there is nothing wrong with feeling disgust, outrage and anger towards such a person and his deeds.

Do I hate him. No I don't know him. Do I hate what he did, what he perpetuated that still lives with us today?

You bet I do.

The only thing I could rejoice at is if his so called church disbanded and those within it found Christ. Otherwise I do not rejoice. And I hope phelps found Christ at the end too.

The lost are not brothers or sisters in Christ. See John 1:12 for that.

Not even Hitler deserved to be mocked when he died. Why? Because we are all human and make mistakes and should not judge a brother or sister -which we all are- because we ourselves are at fault.

I will add to what Qnts has said with this.   Hitler's persecution of the Jews was not a "mistake."   He did what he did with both eyes open.  Mistakes are things like, locking your keys in the car, or forgetting to turn off the iron before leaving the house.  Those are "mistakes."    Hitler was a blood thirsty monster and a psychopath and dont EVER call him a "brother."  That is highly offensive.   Don't ever try to put the rest of us on the same level as Hitler.

As for judging Hitler, he was already under the judgment of God.  I can judge what God has already judged and I can say without a doubt that Hitler is in hell and I don't shed a single tear over that fact.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0