• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I have been watching bible prophecy unfold for a while now, from animals giving up their lives to water turnining blood red to horrible natural disasters happening severely all over the wolrd erery day.

so much bible prophecy has and is being fulfilled and yesterday it was put in my spirit to wake up. I felt that God is using all of these to send a message and is trying very hard to awaken us sleepers. i ask him what is he trying to say? what is he trying to show us and also who will listen?

I keep saying to myself WAKE UP but i cant seem to do so i am still blind to what he trying to show us, still deaf to what he is trying to say. is it about his judgement and wrath? is it about the rapture? is it something else?

I also heard the words quickining of the spirit in my heart, i have never heard of the words quickining of the spirit so i need to search the bible to if its in there and what it means exactly

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I enjoyed what you said, God is talking to you, and its encouraging to see that God is stirring hearts

Regarding the word "quickening" I see this is a word from the King James bible meaning "make alive" used as follows: 1 Peter 3

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit

Ephesians 2:

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

1 Corinthians 15:

But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain

In each case the theme is feeding and giving life to the spirit instead of the flesh. God makes us alive, and yet we are to continually feed the spirit and not the flesh.

Thanks God was certainly speaking to me through this study.

ty argosy for your responce. ever sense yesterday i have felt diferent inside, not wired but aware or alert. just as you described quickening of the spirit i feel my spirit is alive inside.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

ty argosy for your responce. ever sense yesterday i have felt diferent inside, not wired but aware or alert. just as you described quickening of the spirit i feel my spirit is alive inside.

Pleasure.. reading those verses again.. there is also the theme of dying first, which comes before being made alive. This means to deny oneself our own daily desires, and attempt to do what God wishes for us on a daily basis. This keeps the spirit alive and quickened. It may seem really unselfish to do this, but it leads to a fantastic sense of well being, as our spirits come alive to God's desires and are filled with love and power from above. I do not do this often enough, and so I'm encouraged by your spiritual awakening.

Pleasure.. reading those verses again.. there is also the theme of dying first, which comes before being made alive. This means to deny oneself our own daily desires, and attempt to do what God wishes for us on a daily basis. This keeps the spirit alive and quickened. It may seem really unselfish to do this, but it leads to a fantastic sense of well being, as our spirits come alive to God's desires and are filled with love and power from above. I do not do this often enough, and so I'm encouraged by your spiritual awakening.

you know you might try a prayer i have since i was save. I ask God this almost every day and its a prayer i see being answered daily. i ask The lord to mold my heart to seek whatever he seeks desire only what he desires and for his will to become my own. this prayer works everytime its always a yes from him

Praise God!  Yes, we must be alert!  We must stay awake, even though I do understand we are weary of waiting.

As for the word, "quickening", this word is used when a pregnant woman first feels the signs of life within her.  The movement of the baby is the "quickening" and an indication that life is existing inside of her.  Praise God!  What a wonderful comparison to what is taking place today!

The saints are waking up and beginning to stir and cause the world to think about future events.  We are to prompt them to service and shake them out of their complacency.  I feel this urgency and I have for quite some time, now.  I hear a rumbling on the horizon!

Keep up the good work, you saints of God, and be blessed!

You are a blessing to me.

Shalom, PrairWarur

I also heard the words quickening of the spirit in my heart, i have never heard of the words quickining of the spirit so i need to search the bible to if its in there and what it means exactly....

~

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63