• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

When I was working at my other job for 20yrs I was being abused there. It got so bad that I was driven out and had to quit. For a while I had no job, I feel bad cause I should have trusted God and didn't and he fixed things. I got another job and money is starting to come back. Worst of all I haven't been well and we got into a bad accident. I told God that if he healed me and help Charlie. I told God something about smoking. I think I said I would stop. I haven't. I lied to God. I want to stop. I just don't know how. I don't know what to do.  :(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Ask God for forgivness.And then don't do it again.We are not supposed to bargain with God.You will not go to hell for smoking.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

There are many methods to quit smoking today, try one or all if you need to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings tigger!

You lost me on the "help Charlie" but Praise the Lord,He knows w hat you are talking about......Just remember that God forgives us when we repent & ask His forgiveness,for future -remember the Word of God tells us not to make promises or swear by Him(let our yes be yes & our no be no)whether we are making pa promise to ourselves ,someone else or God....it's all the same really,we usually can't keep them

Cigarette smoking like any addiction is bondage that the Lord will happily deliver us from,but we have to truly want to be delivered without any reservations........pray to God that He removes the taste from your mouth & the desire from your mind awnd that by the Power of the Holy Spirit you do not fall into temptation but resist the devil & he will flee................

I struggled with this terribly as I did not have the desire to quit ,I was blocking my own Blessings!I was delivered once,twice & the last time I prayed deliverance from the Lord I got a "no,I Blessed you twice ...now you must resist on your own!!!!" Whew,the Lord showed me & then He helped me by giving me strength were I was so weak,,,,,,,,my lesson learned was not to take His Blessings for granted..................Praise & Glory to God!And may God Bless you!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

When I was working at my other job for 20yrs I was being abused there. It got so bad that I was driven out and had to quit. For a while I had no job, I feel bad cause I should have trusted God and didn't and he fixed things. I got another job and money is starting to come back. Worst of all I haven't been well and we got into a bad accident. I told God that if he healed me and help Charlie. I told God something about smoking. I think I said I would stop. I haven't. I lied to God. I want to stop. I just don't know how. I don't know what to do.  :(

I think I said I would stop

Did you or didn't you? Yes or No? You need to take ownership of things you say, especially to God.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

I think studies had shown that cigarettes are about as addictive as heroine. Many people try to quit and do not succeed. Others have quit in a heart beat after all these years. Keep trying though and don't give up. Our first and second attempts does not have to mean we have to give up trying. There is plenty of things I have done and did not do on my first or second attempt.. watching adult movies was one of them. Yeah and I made false promises to God also. I bet most of us has told God we would stop something and did not at first. .but your are not going to be rejected by God because of this. He knows you meant well but also you are in a weak state. Rather now say God please keep helping me to try.

If you have tried to quit cold turkey one day or two maybe that does not work best for you. I would use the gradual quit method. The reason in saying this is because once I was on Ativan. Doctors told me my system was addicted. The best way to get of Ativan is to gradually decrease the dosage so that the body does not go in shock. . For cigarettes it can be just the same. However not to be tempted to smoke anymore than the number you have been smoking.

Figure out how much you smoke now. If you smoke a pack a day in two weeks smoke nineteen instead. In two more weeks eighteen in two more seventeen. Your body will start to adjust having less nicotine. Try getting some sugar free bubble gum. When you have the extra urge start chewing some gum instead. You don't want to go back up again. In forty weeks you can quit smoking if you're using a method like this.

I don't know what else is out there. Maybe there is something better to use. But this is the method I would use if it was very difficult to quit at once. Lots of people say once they stop smoking for good they can smell and breathe the clean air. There's things they did not use to smell before they are able to now. .

If there is a method that can work fast then this then go for it. Never make up any reason to have that extra cigarette. Stay on that number and keep improving. Work your way to becoming smoke free. And yes God still cares about you just as much as before you had promised him. Pray to God. Be in his presence in spirit. Your friend GW was. I have been around a lot of people before who smoked. I was a second hand smoker breathing this. I have the total feel of cigarettes and its battles. . Keep saying Lord help me. Nothing by you is impossible.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think I said I would stop

Did you or didn't you? Yes or No? You need to take ownership of things you say, especially to God.

Do you realise how harsh you sound ? God is loving .She did not lie to God,she meant it at the time,and will give her more chances,even if you would'nt .

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Simply speak to Jesus and say that you need to begin again,and will He help you to really do it this timeHowever try to make it a time when you might be able to really do it .What you are saying is a very minor 'sin' so do not worry too much . You have not been cruel to others,or lied about others .

Jesus said were to keep forgiving others,and to love one another,not to be judging them . You do not need to listen to people here,because what you have done is only between you and a loving God no matter what they say who would chastise you .

I have an American friend who is a graduate from bible college in the US and she said she is still recovering from the twisted hateful image of Jesus that was forced on her and other students by so called christians. This is a much greater sin to make people afraid to approach God for help,too afraid to have a real Relationship with Him where you can ask for and will get all the help you need.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Well Tigger, if you promised the Lord something and did not follow through on your vow, that is not lying; that is not keeping a vow -- unless when you made the promise you intended not to keep it. Trust in the Lord, O troubled soul Rest in the arms of His care; Whatever thy lot, It mattereth not, For nothing can trouble thee there. Trust in the Lord, O troubled soul; He is the one who doth care. (sing it)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I have a feeling God already knew you weren't going to quit right away, but when you do your blessings will probably double. :royalty: