• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/30/1992

Hello! My name is Chal for those of you who are not familiar with me and this is my review of the movie Noah.

I felt that the movie was very good for visuals. The acting and graphics as well as on screen action was magnificent. This is useful for mental imagery when reading the scripture. I did not feel that the movie was a complete and udder abomination as many have tried to implicate. God was was the center piece of the entire movie, however his name was not mentioned directly referring to him as the "creator". The movie DID take creative liberties with grey areas of time that were not elaborated on in scripture such as details within the hundreds of years not accounted for. For example, Noah's Grandfather Methuselah who was portrayed as a great warrior with a flaming sword (pretty neat by the way). There were minor details that were not accurate such as Noah's son Ham, where scripture would lead us to believe he had a wife when he boarded the Ark--in the film he struggled to find a wife before the flood and ultimately did not find a wife causing strife between his Father, Noah and himself. For the most part I believe the movie was very imaginative in the areas of what could have happened in those blocks of time the Bible does not tell us about and although the movie may not be appropriate for the young in faith, I believe you all should go and enjoy the movie. I give this film two thumbs up as well as two toes!

-Whirligig

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for honest feedback....was it anti hunting and anti picking flowers? When I heard that...it give me a good laugh...so I would view it as a comedy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Chal!

Welcome to Worthy...I cannot wait to see the movie & I have only been waiting because I promised a friend that we would go see it together & she has not had the time yet....I heard the special effects are phenomenal & you seem to think so as well....that's a plus!

Thanks for sharing your sentiments,I will be sure to let you of mine after I see it.......you sound like like you don't look to pick at all the faults,I like that......

I look forward to hearing more from you here at W$orthy & I hope you love it as much as I do....Praise & Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Hello! My name is Chal for those of you who are not familiar with me and this is my review of the movie Noah.

I felt that the movie was very good for visuals. The acting and graphics as well as on screen action was magnificent. This is useful for mental imagery when reading the scripture. I did not feel that the movie was a complete and udder abomination as many have tried to implicate. God was was the center piece of the entire movie, however his name was not mentioned directly referring to him as the "creator". The movie DID take creative liberties with grey areas of time that were not elaborated on in scripture such as details within the hundreds of years not accounted for. For example, Noah's Grandfather Methuselah who was portrayed as a great warrior with a flaming sword (pretty neat by the way). There were minor details that were not accurate such as Noah's son Ham, where scripture would lead us to believe he had a wife when he boarded the Ark--in the film he struggled to find a wife before the flood and ultimately did not find a wife causing strife between his Father, Noah and himself. For the most part I believe the movie was very imaginative in the areas of what could have happened in those blocks of time the Bible does not tell us about and although the movie may not be appropriate for the young in faith, I believe you all should go and enjoy the movie. I give this film two thumbs up as well as two toes!

-Whirligig

Chalpal,thank you for your great critique.I do not go to movies so this is nice for me to see.I wonder if unbelivers are going to be so curious after they see the movie that they will get a Bible and read Genesis?    :grin:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

i heard the movie was not very biblical but God did appear to be the main focus of it. so odds are it will be an inspiration to read the bible for some and an abomanation to others

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1976

Read two reviews of the movie yesterday, both from Christian viewpoints, and both strongly recommended that Christians avoid this movie at all costs.  I will include a link to the reviews so you can read them for yourself.  What Hollywood did to the story of Noah is sickening.  There is no way I will be taking my family to see this movie. 

Here is a brief review from Ken Ham at AIG.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/noah-movie/review-noah-movie-unbiblical

Here is a better and more detailed review from Plugged In. 

http://www.pluggedin.com/movies/intheaters/noah-2014.aspx

Hope these help anyone thinking of going to see this twisted perversion of the story of Noah.

Michael

((( Chalpal )))  Blessings!  Little Sister, what a great photograph, by the way.  You are such a lovely young woman, beautiful inside and out!  I'm so pleased to have met you.  You are such a blessing to all of us here at Worthy.

Thank you for taking time to post this well written review of the movie Noah.  It sure has created a lot of controversy, which will no doubt help it to attract more viewers and of coarse, make more money.  Cha-ching!

I probably will not see it, as it is too intense for me.  I have read different opinions and reviews, which did arouse my curiosity.  Never-the-less, I am not too concerned that this movie will cause Christians to fall, or keep the unsaved from knowing, or learning about God.

Just my take on this ....

When I first watched The Bible movie, I was really upset and disappointed that so much liberty was taken in making that film, but after prayer, I understood that most do not know what the Bible has to say, and this film just might prompt curiosity in both the saved and unsaved to start reading their Bibles quite seriously.  I think that is always a good thing.

Again, thanks for posting!  I will eagerly await Kwik's review, or response, after she has the chance to go.

Be blessed, friends!

Shalom, Prair

Guest Butero

Michael Medved said that some liberties were taken in the making of the movie, but it was not the usual junk we get from Hollywood where they are trying to attack the Bible.  He indicated that overall, it was a good and thought provoking movie.  I thank you for your review.  I usually don't go to the theater, but wait till movies come out on DVD, but it will help me make a decision on whether or not to purchase it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

That does not surprise me that the movies now out are not Biblical.Who is the Prince of our earth?Who is in control  of Hollyweird?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I've been hearing opposing reviews back and forth. I like crowes acting and am happy that they are making a movie from the bible, but Hollywood does have a habit of twisting things. I'll probably wait till it comes out on video and watch it then.