IGNORED

What Is Tithe? Must Every Christian Pay Tithe?

Jerry1023

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

What is tithe,I just want to know if it is biblical that every christian must pay tithe,can not paying tithe hinder someone from been address as a born again or a righteous person,is tithe a God's command,that every christian must obey,can a christian who is very faitheful in paying tithe,but still pratice some worldly things,be regard as a righteous person,can a christian who detest to pratice worldly things,but doesn't pay his/her tithe,be regard as a righteous person,can" not paying tithe stop someone from making heaven.your opinion can be of help.may the good God bless you, as you look into my post.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Christians do not have to pay tithes. It is just a donation to the church and should be paid voluntarily. It is good to donate what you can, but each should give what he can afford. It is not compulsory. The word tithe means a tenth part. Christians are not required to give 10% of their earnings to any church.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The new testament does not designate a percentage of income set aside for tithing.It only says it to be "in keeping with your income".The 10% figure comes from the old testamant.We are to give as we are able.Sometimes 10% and sometimes giving less.There are those Christians who do not attend a Church so they do not give a tithe at all and they are not going to hell.If a person does attend a Church they may give 10% or less as you are able.All tithing should be given with pure motives and of worship to God and service to the body of Christ

2 Corinthians 9:7.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I certainly agree with 2 Cor.9:7&8.

No, we don't have to pay tithes and He doesn't have to do anything for us either, but He did and does.

In the O.T. Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek and in Deut.12:6 God commands His people to tithe of all their increase. I don't believe the N.T. annuls the O.T. but instead fulfills it.

In Mk.12:42 Jesus didn't stop the widow from putting her two mites into the treasury knowing full well that she couldn't afford it.

Not promoting a prosperity gospel but there is a promise given in Luke.6:38. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

What is tithe,I just want to know if it is biblical that every christian must pay tithe,can not paying tithe hinder someone from been address as a born again or a righteous person,is tithe a God's command,that every christian must obey,can a christian who is very faitheful in paying tithe,but still pratice some worldly things,be regard as a righteous person,can a christian who detest to pratice worldly things,but doesn't pay his/her tithe,be regard as a righteous person,can" not paying tithe stop someone from making heaven.your opinion can be of help.may the good God bless you, as you look into my post.

Hello Jerry.

I would like to state my opinion in response to your post.

Just as you are your earthly father's son, you may be a good son or a not so good son but you are a son none the less.

If we are born of God He will straighten all things out and we will hear His voice when He calls.

You referred to 'a righteous person' of course we have no righteousness within our self but if we are a Christian we are clothed with His righteousness and with Him being omniscient He does things with purpose knowing we will respond accordingly to His mercies. So depending on where we are in our walk, 'justification / sanctification / or sealed and put into service' it will be demonstrated in our behavior.

For the short answer: We don't do to become a Christian but because we are a Christian we do.

I agree with those who have noted that Christians are not required to tithe, but I would also point out, that to those who think the tithing requirements given to the ISRAELITES, apply to the church, that Biblical tithing in this way is not 10%, but 23% at a minimum, plus other offerings were expected.

If anyone is interested in all the details, there is an article which include information on the tithe as well as Christian models for how to handle our money with respect to the kingdom of God, along with all of the relevant verses and passages in the bible on the topic of tithing. In this way, you can see for yourself, what the bible really says, and not depend on the interpretations of others on what you should do.

Warning, it is long and in depth: http://omegazine.com/biblestudy/tithe_1.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1 Corin 16:1-2

1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

11 Corin 8:12

12 For if there be first a willing mind, [it is] accepted according to that a man hath, [and] not according to that he hath not.

I do not think it is required however if you join a church then i would think you would want to help the church do missionary

work also a church has a preacher who needs to make a living. A church would have bills to pay a tithe helps in all these things. the church helps the poor so I would think one would also want to help. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I agree with those who have noted that Christians are not required to tithe, but I would also point out, that to those who think the tithing requirements given to the ISRAELITES, apply to the church, that Biblical tithing in this way is not 10%, but 23% at a minimum, plus other offerings were expected.

If anyone is interested in all the details, there is an article which include information on the tithe as well as Christian models for how to handle our money with respect to the kingdom of God, along with all of the relevant verses and passages in the bible on the topic of tithing. In this way, you can see for yourself, what the bible really says, and not depend on the interpretations of others on what you should do.

Warning, it is long and in depth: http://omegazine.com/biblestudy/tithe_1.html

quote----"You Christians know what your obligations are. If you are not a believer, please, keep your money, we just want you to enjoy your time with us today."----quote

edit out question;sorry.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I prefer to follow 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

I would much rather give as He leads than give only a mere portion and think I am doing His will. What we have does not belong to us any more than we belong to ourselves. We are His and all we have is His. Follow His lead and you will find blessings you never thought possible. Trying to buy His blessing through giving and you will be broke.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I prefer to follow 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

I would much rather give as He leads than give only a mere portion and think I am doing His will. What we have does not belong to us any more than we belong to ourselves. We are His and all we have is His. Follow His lead and you will find blessings you never thought possible. Trying to buy His blessing through giving and you will be broke.

That was very well said OneLight  :mgcheerful: