missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Zech 14:6,7 - On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost. It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime; a day known to the Lord. When evening comes there will be light.

v.14 - Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Isn't it interesting that this Feast of Tabernacles is believed to be the real birthdate of Yeshua. And this one will still be celebrated. I wonder if Passover or Yom Kippur will still be observed.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I believe the Millennium is literal also. 

Thing is, will the calendar be changed?

Yes, I think you can count on our current Babylonian/pagan calendar not standing under the reign of Christ. Our pagan holidays will no longer be recognized over God's Holy days. Pope Gregory's calendar will be a thing of the past.Cheers

Say what? You mean my calendar won't have the words Easter or Christmas written on it.

I wonder if people will still be celebrating those "holidays" then? I'm thinking not.

I don't celebrate them now. I am glad to say that my house has not had a Christmas tree in it for 20 years running. You can have St. Patrick's day, St. Valentines day, good Friday, lint, easter, holloween, Christmas and whatever else came from pagan Rome. My family has not recognized these for years. I do not attend Church when they recognizes these days either. Sometimes we'll drive 35 miles to go worship with our Jewish brothers and sisters at a Messianic Church in Daytona Beach. If it wasn't so far, I'd go there every week.

To me, it's just sad that you can not find a protestant Church anywhere in my town that doesn't celebrate these pagan holidays. People don't realize that the Church was hijacked by the Romans in the first century, which led the world into the dark ages until the reformation. But know this, none of Christ' disciples ever celebrated Christmas, nor is that word even in the Bible. The account of His birth was not the Christmas story, it was prophecy being fulfilled. It was a joyous time for the Jews living at that time, yes, because their long awaited Savior had finally arrived. But Jesus only said to remember Him one way, and that is the Lord's supper. It's very sad that many Christians don't even know that Christ was there at creation and that nothing was made without Him. Then 4000 years later, He left heaven to enter the womb of a virgin, so that a sinless man could die as a sacrifice for the sins of the world, and to save that which was lost in the garden of Eden. And when He returns His creation will be restored.

We don't really pay too much attention to the origins of these man made traditions we follow today, but God never changes, and His Holy Feast days are still in effect, whether we want to honor them or not. He does not even consider our Gregorian calendar, nor our traditions of men. No wonder His people are so confused about His return. But just as sure as He fulfilled the spring feasts upon His departure, He will likewise fulfill the fall feasts upon His return. That's just good preaching, brother!

Cheers

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Yes, I think you can count on our current Babylonian/pagan calendar not standing under the reign of Christ. Our pagan holidays will no longer be recognized over God's Holy days. Pope Gregory's calendar will be a thing of the past.Cheers

Say what? You mean my calendar won't have the words Easter or Christmas written on it.

I wonder if people will still be celebrating those "holidays" then? I'm thinking not.

I don't celebrate them now. I am glad to say that my house has not had a Christmas tree in it for 20 years running. You can have St. Patrick's day, St. Valentines day, good Friday, lint, easter, holloween, Christmas and whatever else came from pagan Rome. My family has not recognized these for years. I do not attend Church on these days either. Sometimes we'll drive 35 miles to go worship with our Jewish brothers and sisters at a Messianic Church in Daytona Beach. If it wasn't so far, I'd go there every week.

To me, it's just sad that you can not find a protestant Church anywhere in my town that doesn't celebrate these pagan holidays. People don't realize that the Church was hijacked by the Romans, which led the world into the dark ages until the reformation. But know this, none of Christ' disciples ever celebrated Christmas, nor is that word even in the Bible. It was not the Christmas story. It was prophecy being fulfilled. It was a joyous time for the Jews living at that time, yes, because their Savior had finally arrived. But Jesus only said to remember Him one way, and that is the Lord's supper. It's very sad that many Christians don't even know that Christ was there at creation and that nothing was made without Him. 4000 years later, He was born to die for the sins of the world, and to save that which was lost in the garden of Eden. And when He returns His creation will be restored.

We don't really pay too much attention to the origins of these man made traditions we follow today, but God never changes, and His Holy Feast days are still in effect, whether we want to honor them or not. He does not even consider our Gregorian calendar, nor our traditions of men. No wonder His people are so confused about His return. But just as sure as He fulfilled the spring feasts upon His departure, He will likewise fulfill them upon His return. That's just good preaching, brother!

Cheers

Wow, RT, you and I have much more in common than I thought. Just about everything you said, I've been there, done it, still doing it.

Bah Humbug to the Easter Bunny......

Spock's Musings:

As for Santa Claus, since Dec 25th does NOT signify anything Biblical,  I wish the Church would take out the birth of Christ on that day and just make it all about Santa, which is what most people want anyways. That way, if they truly do want to celebrate the birth of our Lord they can celebrate it on the actual day he came to this world -The Biblical Feast Day of Tabernacles (Sukkot).

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Yes, I think you can count on our current Babylonian/pagan calendar not standing under the reign of Christ. Our pagan holidays will no longer be recognized over God's Holy days. Pope Gregory's calendar will be a thing of the past.

Cheers

What is Babylonian about the current calendar?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, I think you can count on our current Babylonian/pagan calendar not standing under the reign of Christ. Our pagan holidays will no longer be recognized over God's Holy days. Pope Gregory's calendar will be a thing of the past.

Cheers

What is Babylonian about the current calendar?

Basically, some of the pagan gods in the Roman and Greek cultures were carried over from Babylon. God's Festivals have been replaced by and mingled with the feasts of the pagans. This has carried over to our Christian traditions today. While the Jews are celebrating the Passover, most Christians today recognize this time as Easter. Some recognize that it is incorrect, so they have renamed it resurrection Sunday instead. But actually, Passover was when the Lamb of God died for the sins of the world, not His resurrection. His resurrection actually occurred on first fruits, when the High Priest would make a wave offering to God with the first fruits of the harvest. Thus, He was the first fruits of the dead.

Read Leviticus 23 to learn more about the feasts.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Bopeep,

Yes I believe the Millennium is literal. It is the kingdom on earth promised to Israel where they would rule the nations of the world. Even though Satan is locked up, as it were, man still rebels against God. Because God is just He is giving man an opportunity to obey Him without the interference of Satan. As we see in scripture even with the `rod of iron, ` immediate consequences for wrong actions, there will still be people who would rather go their own way and eventually this culminates into the final gathering around Jerusalem and God deals with them in fire. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The Millennium is marked out by four events two before and two after:

1) The saved (who already died) are raised at its start.

2) The damned are raised at its end.

3) Satan is bound at its start.

4) Satan is loosed at its end.

I think that to sustain an argument that the mill is figurative one has to affirm that satan is bound today and that the first resurrection is "spiritual" in Rev. 20. But today satan goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour; he is not bound today.

Resurrection is always resurrection of a body; spirits are neither buried nor raised.

To be sure, Christians may be said to be resurrected now, but this does not refer to their spirits; this refers to their union with Christ in His death, physical body resurrection, and ascension. We may say that in our Head (the Head of the Body of Christ to which we belong), we have died with Him, been raised with Him, and seated with Him in glory already.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Atwood,

I agree with your last 3 points but could you clarify your first point please? (The saved (who already died) are raised at its start.)

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

The amazing thing about Christ's future Millennium reign is how some of the nations will still... refuse to come up to Jerusalem to worship Him and keep the feast of tabernacles (as per end of Zech.14).

And then further, once Satan is loosed one final time to go tempt those nations to go up against the camp of the saints at Jerusalem on earth, and then Satan and his host are all destroyed.

So just as there were many in Judea which refused Jesus as The Christ, even when they can see Him as King and know He is God The Son during the Millennium, some of those will still refuse Him.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

The amazing thing about Christ's future Millennium reign is how some of the nations will still... refuse to come up to Jerusalem to worship Him and keep the feast of tabernacles (as per end of Zech.14).

And then further, once Satan is loosed one final time to go tempt those nations to go up against the camp of the saints at Jerusalem on earth, and then Satan and his host are all destroyed.

So just as there were many in Judea which refused Jesus as The Christ, even when they can see Him as King and know He is God The Son during the Millennium, some of those will still refuse Him.

You make me think of Psalm 2