missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I don't celebrate them now. I am glad to say that my house has not had a Christmas tree in it for 20 years running. You can have St. Patrick's day, St. Valentines day, good Friday, lint, easter, holloween, Christmas and whatever else came from pagan Rome. My family has not recognized these for years. I do not attend Church when they recognizes these days either. Sometimes we'll drive 35 miles to go worship with our Jewish brothers and sisters at a Messianic Church in Daytona Beach. If it wasn't so far, I'd go there every week.

To me, it's just sad that you can not find a protestant Church anywhere in my town that doesn't celebrate these pagan holidays. People don't realize that the Church was hijacked by the Romans in the first century, which led the world into the dark ages until the reformation. But know this, none of Christ' disciples ever celebrated Christmas, nor is that word even in the Bible. The account of His birth was not the Christmas story, it was prophecy being fulfilled. It was a joyous time for the Jews living at that time, yes, because their long awaited Savior had finally arrived. But Jesus only said to remember Him one way, and that is the Lord's supper. It's very sad that many Christians don't even know that Christ was there at creation and that nothing was made without Him. Then 4000 years later, He left heaven to enter the womb of a virgin, so that a sinless man could die as a sacrifice for the sins of the world, and to save that which was lost in the garden of Eden. And when He returns His creation will be restored.

We don't really pay too much attention to the origins of these man made traditions we follow today, but God never changes, and His Holy Feast days are still in effect, whether we want to honor them or not. He does not even consider our Gregorian calendar, nor our traditions of men. No wonder His people are so confused about His return. But just as sure as He fulfilled the spring feasts upon His departure, He will likewise fulfill the fall feasts upon His return. That's just good preaching, brother!

Cheers

13940928476_zpse4adc030.jpg