missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Some believers think that only the faithful Christians will be taken in the rapture,with those unfaithful Christians left behind to endure the tribulation.What do you think?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It depends what you mean by unfaithful. If you're unfaithful then you're not a Christian. If by unfaithful you mean sinning, well we're all sinners.

Guest DRS81

Faithful and unfaithful are not really the correct terms for rapture.

Rather 'born again' is the correct term when describing rapture.

All born again christians who are still alive at rapture time will be taken up,

regardless of how 'faithful' they were..if you are born again, it is finished.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Faithful and unfaithful are not really the correct terms for rapture.

Rather 'born again' is the correct term when describing rapture.

All born again christians who are still alive at rapture time will be taken up,

regardless of how 'faithful' they were..if you are born again, it is finished.

I agree  :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Some believers think that only the faithful Christians will be taken in the rapture,with those unfaithful Christians left behind to endure the tribulation.What do you think?

Hi bopeep,

Is that not what our Lord said in His very own words?

Matthew 24:44-51

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

He was alone with His disciples when He told them that He was going away to His Father's house to prepare a place for them, and then promised them that He would return for them (John 14:2-3).  However, not all believers are disciples.

There are several theories that are hotly contested still to this day.

Twice, Paul called the rapture a mystery.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Ephesians 5:31-32

“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.

After receiving revelation in the third heaven, Paul stated that some things were not permissible to tell. I believe he knew more about this mystery than he was permitted to say. Many claim that it was Paul who revealed this mystery, but actually, he only added a few more clues. Christ was the original, and He provided most of the clues and many more in His parables. How fitting that is, since Christ, Himself, is the resurrection and the life.

There are no scriptures stating that the entire Church will be raptured. In fact, Christ told His disciples that we must be ready. Why would He repeatedly warn us to be ready, if all of His servants will be ready anyway? And finally, the bride is not said to be ready until very late (Rev. 19), after all of the martyrs are killed. The martyrs will also be dressed in white and return to reign with Christ. Obviously, the martyrs won't be raptured, so evidently, the entire Church will not be ready when He appears.

Christ warned us to be ready, but the bride is not ready until late, because five of the virgins were not prepared.

There are two ways the living saints will enter into the kingdom. Those who are ready will go to the wedding feast (rapture), but the souls of those saints who are not ready will be seen under the altar (martyrs). The bride (Church) is not ready until the martyrs have all been killed.

Revelation 19:7-9

Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.

(8) And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

(9) Then he said to me, "Write: Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!" And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God."

Revelation 14:12-13

Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

(13) Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."

Those who are ready will be rewarded when the Son of man appears, but as you can see in the passage above, the works of the martyrs follow the them. In other words, they will be rewarded after they are martyred. Those who teach that the Church or bride will be raptured are totally missing the point.

Revelation 22:12

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 

Cheers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I think, "No."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Yes.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I think yes.

I just have come around to that line of reasoning. It makes sense and it makes me understand scripture better looking at it this way. Let's face it, we are not all alike and probably don't deserve to be treated like we are equals.

I have no problem knowing that more faithful believers will be getting more privileges than lukewarm believers.

In addition, I have no problem knowing some Christians (even if this means me included) may still need to be purified through fire (tribulation) because they never really were fully committed to the lordship of Christ, but were more only committed to him in order to get out of hell.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

There is only one rapture, or being caught up to be with Christ in the air. Who goes, only God knows.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I think yes.

I just have come around to that line of reasoning. It makes sense and it makes me understand scripture better looking at it this way. Let's face it, we are not all alike and probably don't deserve to be treated like we are equals.

I have no problem knowing that more faithful believers will be getting more privileges than lukewarm believers.

I had a good friend who talked about those things she did for Jesus, and her concern that she would not receive many crowns (compared to others). Somehow, that seemed wrong to me.

It took a while for me to come to an understanding of the rewarded crowns. God had me doing somethings which might be called 'ministry', but there was something I noticed. If I was teaching, and people praised me for what I taught, sometimes the people said they were blessed for a particular thing I said. But, it was not a rare occasion when what they received was not what I thought I was saying. It was then that I realized that God had given me something, and I had used it to teach, but what people actually heard might have been given by the Holy Spirit Who used a line I said to explain what that person needed to hear, and not necessarily what I was saying. In otherwords, if I were to get a crown for having taught, I now know, it was the Holy Spirit using something I said to actually teach. I do not deserve the crown as I did not do any actual 'work'.

I know we will get the crown of salvation, but I know I did nothing to receive salvation. I did not do any actual work. It was Jesus Who did it.

I have been on the street, witnessing. But, between you all and me, I am a shy person. Everytime I have gone out, I am very nervous, bemoaning what I have committed to do, and knowing I don't know what to do really. I am no good at this. But, when I get there, suddenly, I am filled with boldness. That's not me. People who need to hear, hear what they need, and that isn't me either. Suddenly, the answers to questions come quickly in my mind, and that is not me. I'm not such a quick thinker. So, if there is some kind of crown for this too, I can say that I did not do the actual work, it was Jesus in me.

When I read:

Rev  4:10 the twenty-four elders will fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne,      

When we get to heaven, I think we will see and understand far more then we do now. I think we will see just how much it was actually Jesus in us and thru us Who did all that was heavenly good, that we participated in. So, I have little doubt that I will gladly be casting any crowns I receive before Jesus, as He actually did the works and deserves the crowns.

I do not believe we actually do much, for salvation, and after salvation to earn any heavenly awards, as all that is heavenly good is done by Jesus.