missmuffet

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Some believers think that only the faithful Christians will be taken in the rapture,with those unfaithful Christians left behind to endure the tribulation.What do you think?

Why don't we just make up another idea to go along with all those other made-up rapture theories? like we're going to be raptured down into the center of the earth to hide from the coming tribulation? (ever read H.G. Well's Journey To The Center Of The Earth?).

How can one speak God's Truth here about the time of our Lord Jesus' second coming and His gathering us when so many are addicted to the pre-trib rapture lollypop?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

You are either following Jesus, looking for Him to come or you are caught up in the world`s affairs. Of course we need to be responsible in our life to every day living but where is our heart. That is the key. Our lips may say one thing but our hearts, our motives, our desires where are they focussed? Mmmmmm

I agree.  If we can just keep our focus on Him, looking away to Jesus, the author and finisher/perfecter (by rapture?) of our faith, we won't be entangled by sin (Heb 12v1-2) and we will be ready for Him to come - longing and yearning for Him.  

I have come to understand practically a very simple thing to grasp in theory: that I can fail in many things, but the moment I take my eyes off of Christ, my spiritual life just plummets - doesn't that just make sense?

If He is already the centre of our existence, then we know that we have built our foundation on the solid rock and not the sand. Whatever wind may blow, or wave may buffet, we shall stand.

The question that remains is; is He really our centre?  Right now?  What about in the next hour?  What about tomorrow?

He who endures until the end shall be saved.

You are either following Jesus, looking for Him to come or you are caught up in the world`s affairs. Of course we need to be responsible in our life to every day living but where is our heart. That is the key. Our lips may say one thing but our hearts, our motives, our desires where are they focussed? Mmmmmm

I agree.  If we can just keep our focus on Him, looking away to Jesus, the author and finisher/perfecter (by rapture?) of our faith, we won't be entangled by sin (Heb 12v1-2) and we will be ready for Him to come - longing and yearning for Him.  

I have come to understand practically a very simple thing to grasp in theory: that I can fail in many things, but the moment I take my eyes off of Christ, my spiritual life just plummets - doesn't that just make sense?

If He is already the centre of our existence, then we know that we have built our foundation on the solid rock and not the sand. Whatever wind may blow, or wave may buffet, we shall stand.

The question that remains is; is He really our centre?  Right now?  What about in the next hour?  What about tomorrow?

He who endures until the end shall be saved.

And to "endure" means heeding the warnings for the end He and His Apostles gave us to be watching for per His Word.

It's not about trying to deduce every little event that happens on the daily news, it's about understanding what the main event will be for the very end that is to test our Faith to its limits just prior to His return. He already foretold us what that main event will be. But only those on watch that heed His warnings about it will know.

This means for these times we cannot just be good Christians in our hearts and daily affairs only, but we must understand what main deceptive event His enemies are going to bring for the very end also, for He and His Apostles warned us about it. In essence God is allowing that near-future event of "strong delusion" to come upon us and the world in order to see who has remained faithful to Him according to HIS rule of faithfulness, and not ours. Us believers on Him that are in this world today have that special requirement to remain standing in Him through that coming event.

My point is if we are ready and alert now, we're more likely to be ready at the appointed time.

By the way, God works in the small as well as in the big.  Acknowledge Him in ALL your ways and He will direct your paths.

Bless you :)

My point is if we are ready and alert now, we're more likely to be ready at the appointed time.

By the way, God works in the small as well as in the big.  Acknowledge Him in ALL your ways and He will direct your paths.

Bless you :)

I'm not disregarding your point at all. But that's not all that's required of us who will see this "great tribulation" He warned us of, because there's good reason why He gave us many warnings about the events coming upon us with the tribulation events.

If we don't know what those events are per His Word, but think we only need to focus on Him as our Saviour and live our daily lives, then we may easily be deceived by what's coming, which again He especially warned us about in His Word.

I know many brethren that think the idea of only having Faith on Him is what will save them from any kind of event that's to come in our near future, so they don't concern themselves with finding out exactly what that event might be, when our Lord Jesus and His Apostles specifically told us beforehand.

That state of mind is like one who declares their Faith on Him that is not aware of the cliff they're getting ready to step off of, although He sent His messengers to warn them per His Word, and all they say is, "I have Faith that my Lord Jesus will save me." In a way it is to tempt His power to save.

I also realize how difficult it is to make sense of the end time events written in God's Word that we are to know, especially because most Churches today don't know either, or refuse to cover them. And so the believer has to resort to all the theories about the end from men's traditions and doctrines which include a healthy does of baloney dreamed up by the hirelings whom God did not call to preach.

It's simply that I hate the fact that on the day of our Lord Jesus' return many good brethren with all intention to remain faithful to Christ will be found by Him spiritually naked and in shame, because they simply did not heed His warnings about the main test upon us for the end of this world. I can picture Him saying, "I warned you in My Word to not do that, but you chose not to read nor heed my warning. Why have you disobeyed Me?"

Yes, He has given us many warnings and signs to look out for; but of the day or the hour, no-one knows - not even the Son - the Father alone knows :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

does this fit in here or is it for another time.

1 Corin 3: 15

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

does this fit in here or is it for another time.

1 Corin 3: 15

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

That's especially pointing to what I believe will occur to brethren that fail to heed Christ's warnings to not be deceived by the events to occur at the very end of this world just prior to His return, events He already told us about. It is my hope that believers on Christ that fall away to deception into worshiping the false messiah by mistake during the coming tribulation will later be saved in Christ's Millennium reign.