FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Has anyone, heard of the possibility of Bathsheba being the granddaughter of Ahithopel, I was reading this in one of my study Bibles?  It makes mention that Bathsheba father was Eliam, II Samuel 11:3. than we see that Eliam father is Ahithopel the Gilonite.  So if this is the case maybe Ahithopel held a grudge against King David for what he did to his granddaughter, so he help Absalom in his rebellion.

I would have never notice this if it weren't for The Daily Walk Bible, I was reading.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

From my study blog ....

2Sa 11:3 And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife ofUriah the Hittite?

The daughter of Eliam - Or Ammiel; a word of the same meaning, The people of my God, The God of my people. This name expressed the covenant - I will be your God; We will be thy people.1Ch_3:5 And these were born to him in Jerusalem Shimea, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon, four of Bathsheba the daughter of Ammielthe component words being placed in an inverse order. Bathsheba was the granddaughter of Ahithophel 2Sa_23:34 Eliphelet the son of Ahasbai, the son of the Maachathite; Eliam the son of Ahithophel, the Gilonite;

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I heard someone mentioning that before, and to this person it would help explain why Ahithopel would eventually turn against David, because of what David did to his granddaughter.