• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

What do you do if a Dr. says you need to pull the plug on your loved ones. Is that murder? Do we have that right to make that choice?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

No. I don't believe that we have that choice. But then again before we had the technology that we have today there would have been so such plug to pull and no life support machines.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Making this kind of a choice can be very difficult and painful for a family.It is not immoral to turn off the machines if the patient is laying in a vegetative state.If God wants a person to remain alive He will do so.It is very important that a patient has filled out and signed an advance directive then you know what their wishes were.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

This is one of the hardest decisions anyone could face. What should be asked is that if they were not on life support, would they have passed already? Life support gave them a fighting chance to heal. If they do not get better, is it fair to hold onto them? I would trust the Lord with all my heart on this matter. If it is their time, they will pass. If not, the Lord will sustain them. I do not see this as murder at all.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is one of the hardest decisions anyone could face. What should be asked is that if they were not on life support, would they have passed already? Life support gave them a fighting chance to heal. If they do not get better, is it fair to hold onto them? I would trust the Lord with all my heart on this matter. If it is their time, they will pass. If not, the Lord will sustain them. I do not see this as murder at all.

Nor do I see it as murder. My brother and I have an agreement we would do it for each other.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

What is the plug doing? Is it helping a handicapped person breathe or inflating and deflating a corpse? Would unplugging be a matter of loving neighbor as self? James 1: Pray and trust for wisdom.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I believe that if a person would be dead if not plugged into artificial life support, that we should allow them to die and not hold a vigil by their bedside for months while

their earthly body wastes away.

I certainly would not want to be kept on this earth if I had actually died.

I think it might be wise to discuss such things with family members so that we know we are respecting their wishes....maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think many people

would want to be artificially alive if they could be in God's presence (those who are Christians of course)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

I do not view it as murder in this type of situation you described so I agree with your comments. I think it is very important for us to let our wishes be known to our loved ones in this type of situation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,869
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

What do you do if a Dr. says you need to pull the plug on your loved ones. Is that murder? Do we have that right to make that choice?

I don't believe it's murder, but a very difficult choice....   it helps if one has discussed it before hand with the person.   We did so with our parents and my wife and I have discussed it.....   we've also discussed it with our children.

If that person has not shared his/her thoughts on the subject it can be difficult and might depend on what was wrong and any possible outcome.

I would never pull the plug on an unsaved person though unless they were conscious and told me to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Nor do I see it as murder. My brother and I have an agreement we would do it for each other.