• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

Very simple, man invented the plug.

Man invented medicines for diabetes too. Would you advocate stopping those and seeing if God keeps you alive?

Such violence in tone, all I can say is that for me I hate the concept of "life support". I don't need machines to delay my ascent to heaven.

There is no violence in my tone. I merely asked a question based on the logic you used in your previous statement.

You are correct, sometimes I overreact. Sorry.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Would any of you also say its ok to withhold food for someone who is in a coma but able to breathe on their own?

That would depend on a very large number of things......   My mother forbid me from giving her a feeding tube while she still had a rational mind knowing she had Alzheimer and would sooner or later not be able to swallow......   I sat by her side holding her hand the last three days she lived as she slowly starved to death.  To say the least it was not easy to do....

Yea I know. When my father in law, who had some form of senility, had a stroke in the lower portion of his brain we faced this too. The bleeding continued and could not be stopped. The stroke was in the base portion of the brain where it controls the basic life functions. The docs told us he would not recover and it was just a question of when he would die. A day, a week, a month. My hubby and his sisters (and I too with my hubby) sat with him. Although he was not fed, he did not starve to death. He died a few days after his stroke. He breathed until the end, but his organs gradually shut down.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

There has recently been a bunch of articles that have come out that show society is headed towards euthanasia of the "useless" in society. Whether its voluntary or not remains to be seen. Two articles came out this week alone. One showed that the population cannot be sustained. In keeping with the georgia stones that advocate a population no greater than half a million, this study funded by our govt recommended that population be reduced. The other recommended a change in guidelines for blood pressure medication in folks over 60. Apparently it is ok in their eyes to let folks over 60 have a higher blood pressure. Medically that is quite bad. 

I fully expect the govt to one day make a medical decision for me, despite my better understanding of my medical needs than they have, that I am no longer worth keeping alive. Not through heroic means, but in just not being worth the cost of basic medicine. 

Our government has been involved in lowering the population of the world for a very long time.....  Henry Kissinger made things happen through the UN when he was the head of the State Department, and it was going on before world war II with the eugenics movement in the 20's.

Carnegie Institution, Rockefeller Foundation, and the Harriman railroad and banking funded much of the movement, and it was said that Hitler had read the writings of these people and Margret Sanger and several others, and was shocked that we put up such a fuss about killing a few Jews.

Looks like it is about to raise it's ugly head again....

You know that old saying that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.......    well I have noticed that those of us who do are cursed to have to watch it happen anyway.....   I'm really getting tired of much of it.....  so I should quit for tonight before I get tacky.....   I wouldn't want my tacky to accidentally rub off on any of us, especially you as I quoted your post...

BTW doing away with folks over 60 is a really good way of fixing the problem with social security and medicare.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Would any of you also say its ok to withhold food for someone who is in a coma but able to breathe on their own?

The key is not able to breath on their own, isn't it? The food really doesn't matter in a case like this.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

My brother had Hodkins with some very aggressive tumors in his chest.He was on very large doses of methaltrexate for 7 years.He was very young,40 years old.He had a wife and two teenage sons.He wanted to stop taking the chemo.He was a Chrisitan and was done with the suffering.His family begged him to continue which is what he did for their sake.He died at 40 years old because rather he took the chemo or not the Lord wanted him home.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The key is not able to breath on their own, isn't it? The food really doesn't matter in a case like this.

Well,if a person is laying in a vegetative state and breathing on their own they are probably not able to recognize the family.They could stay that way for years in a nursing home.The food is keeping them alive in that condition.That is a personal choice with the family unless the patient has stated otherwise in an advance directive.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

BTW doing away with folks over 60 is a really good way of fixing the problem with social security and medicare.

Yea I know. 

Ive said that the holocaust is a foreshadow of what the trib will look like. And it started with things like this too. Hitler had a solution and killed off the undesirables (handicapped, mentally ill/retarded and the Jews). Old "useless" folks and believers will be next.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

This is a very touchy subject for many, so let's take into consideration how others may have had to live through such incidents and not push others.  We all have our beliefs and there is no one correct answer to all medical situations. 

Yea I know. 

Ive said that the holocaust is a foreshadow of what the trib will look like. And it started with things like this too. Hitler had a solution and killed off the undesirables (handicapped, mentally ill/retarded and the Jews). Old "useless" folks and believers will be next.

Being a 67 year old retired Believer puts me in a rather perilous  position...

This is a very touchy subject for many, so let's take into consideration how others may have had to live through such incidents and not push others.  We all have our beliefs and there is no one correct answer to all medical situations. 

I'm not really sure there's a correct answer to any of them.  From my long years it seems to be what we decide we can live with..