missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

What?? What???....First No Santa and now this....OOOOooooo Yeah!

Prove it!!!!

Then Who Brings them there colored Egg's???? :foot-stomp:

:sneaking:  :24: 

Mom colors the eggs silly.I was not born yesterday.I was coloring them eggs when I was 4 years old.

This world is so obsessed with the Easter Bunny.The Easter Bunny has nothing to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christ.This world is in big trouble.It is only a matter of time.

Not so sure about that. I mean have you really truly sank your teeth into a cadbury egg. You talk about a resurrection, i'll tell u what.

:foot-stomp:  I will have you know that I can not have chocolate anymore because of health issues.OH YES!!!! I know how good they are because a few years ago I did eat them. I could never ever compare a "Cadbury Egg" to the resurrection of Jesus Christ NO WAY.The food that we will be feasting on in heaven would put the "Cadbury Egg" to shame. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Like many others here, I'm not a fan of the EB.

But, it's not his fault some pagan a long time ago honored him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings other one....

God Bless you,,,,,,it grieves me that the truth stays hidden & the world just continues in traditions of the occult & even when the truth is revealed many will still continue because they feel no harm is being done because it's just for the kids to have fun or some other justification,I always knew the pagan celebratory origin but never read it as it was revealed to me this evening.................

My God,forgive me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't think I can ever make light of it again,thank you,thank God

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Question: "What is the origin of the Easter bunny and Easter eggs?"

Answer:
It is thought that the word Easter comes from a pagan figure called Eastre (or Eostre) who was celebrated as the goddess of spring by the Saxons of Northern Europe. A festival called Eastre was held during the spring equinox by these people to honor her. Of interest is the word’s relation to east (ost in German). The name for a celebration of the sunrise and a change of season was eventually applied to the Christian celebration of the resurrection of Christ and the new era He heralded.

The goddess Eastre’s earthly symbol was the rabbit, which was also known as a symbol of fertility. Since rabbits and hares give birth to large litters in the early spring, it’s understandable that the rabbit is the symbol of fertility.

The legend of the Easter Bunny bringing eggs appears to have been brought to the United States by settlers from southwestern Germany. The German tradition of the Easter Bunny or “Oschter Haws” migrated to America in the 1800s, likely accompanying German immigrants, many of whom settled in Pennsylvania. Over the past 200 years, the Easter Bunny has become the most commercially recognized symbol of Easter.

In legend, the Easter Bunny, also called the Easter Hare and the Spring Bunny, brings baskets filled with colored eggs, candy, and sometimes toys to the homes of children on the night before Easter, in much the same way as Santa Claus is said to deliver presents on Christmas Eve. The Easter Bunny will either put the baskets in a designated place or hide them somewhere in the house or garden for the children to find when they wake up in the morning, giving rise to the tradition of the Easter egg hunt.

Should Christian parents allow their children to participate in traditional activities that refer to the Easter Bunny? This is a question both parents and church leaders struggle with. There is nothing essentially evil about the Easter Bunny, unless it is used to promote the goddess of spring or fertility rites. What is important is our focus. If our focus is on Christ and not the Easter Bunny, our children will understand that, like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny is merely a symbol. As with Christmas, Easter should be a time to reflect upon and celebrate the incarnation, the resurrection and the risen Christ.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/easter-bunny-eggs.html#ixzz2y4Ryp67Q

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I don't tell anyone what to do, but as for me and my household, we will serve The Lord.

I don't tell anyone what to do, but as for me and my household, we will serve The Lord.

Amen to that  :grin:

Guest DRS81

This world is so obsessed with the Easter Bunny.The Easter Bunny has nothing to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christ.This world is in big trouble.It is only a matter of time.

Not so sure about that. I mean have you really truly sank your teeth into a cadbury egg. You talk about a resurrection, i'll tell u what.

:foot-stomp:  I will have you know that I can not have chocolate anymore because of health issues.OH YES!!!! I know how good they are because a few years ago I did eat them. I could never ever compare a "Cadbury Egg" to the resurrection of Jesus Christ NO WAY.The food that we will be feasting on in heaven would put the "Cadbury Egg" to shame. 

I've been cutting back on the chocolate myself. The problem is, it's always available, like mail. Cutting back is always good. The food in heaven will be pretty unreal. I wonder what chocolate in heaven taste like. :biggrin2:

I've been cutting back on the chocolate myself. The problem is, it's always available, like mail. Cutting back is always good. The food in heaven will be pretty unreal. I wonder what chocolate in heaven taste like. :biggrin2:

Just think if there is chocolate in heaven I can have it   :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

other one,

My Brother i mean't no offense to you....

Or anybody else in this thread....

The FACT that JESUS CHRIST gave HIS LIFE for me on that cruel Cross mean's EVERYTHING To ME!!!

Remember other one, i'm HIS Child  as well.....

GBU!

I didn't take offense at you personally.....   we go through this every year and I'm just a little sensitive about it more so than others......   at one time in my life a long time ago I was very involved with the dark side of the spiritual world through doing some research.   Not a follower but a watcher and what I found was way way over any mortals head.....   The Holy Spirit dragged me away from the edge of that abyss just as I was about to make some really stupid decisions and saved me from certain spiritual destruction.......     so because I am very familiar with those entities that this is all about, it's kind of upsetting to me on the spiritual level...... 

This world is going to hell in a hand basket and it seems that no one understands why.........    we promote the evil entities in this world with our pagan customs and then wonder why things seem to go down hill ever year... I would suggest everyone read the article I posted very closely for what it says is the same as the occult how to books I was studying in the mid 1970's.... These customs come from the original Babylonian religion that came from Nimrod and his wife/mother and their son.....   While we pretty much make it a game, it's still a serious thing spiritually...   I don't know for sure what God thinks about it today, but these entities that we play games with with our kids cost the Israelites their relationship with God for a very long time more than once..