• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Gen 2:7-9
 8 And the LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
NASB

If you read carefully it says that God caused every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food to grow out of the ground....  

The tree of life and the tree of knowledge was also there.....   but not necessarily part of the other trees.

As for the seeds, trees that have seedless fruit don't reproduce themselves....     I don't see any reason to understand that the tree of knowledge had seeds.   It didn't need to reproduce itself.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Anyway people ... lol ... the point is, there is no reference to it being an APPLE.  That is the key topic of this thread, and I think we all agree.

Whether you think its' a fruit or some sort of veggie, does it really matter?  What does it have to do with your SALVATION?  Not a single thing.  The Tree is in Paradise, and as long as your name is written in the Lambs Book of Life, you'll eat it IN Paradise.  isn't that more important to you that debating over WHAT is actually was on earth?  Is this not a little childish (physical and spiritual) to you?  If any of you are torn by something so minute and inconsequential, call it a PRODUCE.  That way, you won't have to say that it's a fruit or a veggie of any specific kind.  Simple solution.  After all, the Hebrew word itself also points to a type of produce.

... I'm afraid to read what some of you have to say/think about more doctrinal, deeper and more confounding things concerning the Word of God.  This is milk.  Not even fresh, enjoyable milk.  More like yesterdays milk left in yesterday cup.  it is a minor thing.

In the words of our Lord, I encourage and admonish you.  There is but ONE THING you should rejoice over:

not your titles

not your education

not your positions

certainly not your self-delusions to whatever 'rule' you think you have over men

not how long you've been a Christian

not how big your Church is

not who your pastor is

not what book(s) you've read

not that demons obey you

not that limbs grow at your touch

not that you prophecy

BUT THAT YOUR NAME IS WRITTEN IN THE LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE.

If you are focusing on anything else, you have missed the whole point of Gods suffering and sacrifice for you, and you've missed the core meaning of Salvation.

Everything else is really not as important as we think it is ... and who among you took a polaroid picture to show the rest of us?  OK, so, it wasn't an apple ... cause I've eaten plenty, but I'm dying a little bit more every day.  Case closed ... right?

Though I do appreciate what you are trying to say, I have to disagree that we will eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in "Paradise".   The only tree mentioned that we will eat of is the Tree of Life (Revelation 22).  The tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is never mentioned again as being available to anyone after the incident with Adam and Eve.

God Bless,

Alan

And I must agree with you.  :-) 

I was thinking "tree", but the Tree of Life, not the one mentioned in the garden at that point.  Still, there are multiple trees in Heaven, which bear their own fruit each month (perhaps a different fruit each month per tree?)  But again, I completely agree with what you are saying.  Bad typo/mistake on my part.  I seriously doubt that the tree of knowledge will be in the Kingdom ... because we have already partaken of it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Genesis one is speaking of the plants that were across the whole earth.....   

You need to look closer at Genesis 2 to see exactly what he planted in the Garden.....   They are not the same.

The trees in the Garden were pleasant to the eye and good for food......    doesn't say anything about seeds, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life are even exceptions to that..    I have some little things that look like oranges in the kitchen that don't have seeds, but they are still fruit.....    There are seed and seedless watermelons along with other things in the world.

So from my perspective, one shouldn't assume that any or all trees in the garden had seeds....   it was a special place that God himself built , all the fruit trees might have been seedless for all we know.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

And watermellon do not grow on trees. lol.

Some think that the forbidden fruit was a pomagranate. Try taking a bite out of that!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

People, please do not reply to our returning banned member/troll.  It just makes it harder to clean up, having to read down through the thread so not to miss any.  It gets rather annoying that he continues to return without ever trying to email us, and replying to his posts just adds to the frustration.  We appreciate your corporation.

:thumbsup:

Often I Just Stand In Wonder (And Blush)

Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour. Ecclesiastes 10:1

At God's Knowledge

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

Of Sinners Yet

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. Psalms 2:1-3

To Come

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Psalms 2:4