IGNORED

Separating Christian books into categories/subjects

Guest DRS81

Guest DRS81

Hey guys and gals. I'd like to share with you what's been on my heart and mind these past couple weeks. As of late, I've really been into books lately, and I've developed a system of organizing my books when searching for new one's. I really didn't read books in my twenties, so I feel like I've missed out, especially on christian authors. I feel as though the holy spirit is calling me to read more, and I've enjoyed learning. It's really been a blessing from God for him to reveal this to me. So, I'm organizing my books by subjects, and these are the subjects I've come up with in regards to Christianity. And I was wondering if, maybe if you think of anymore please let me know. Also, please feel free to list some books on following list if you so desire...

List, so far
Abstinence/Celibacy
End times Prophecy/Last days Prophecy
Eternal Security
Hell
Heaven
History
Holy Spirit
Intimacy with God
Other
Predestination
Salvation
Singledom
Spiritual Warfare/Persecution
The Trinity

- Blessings, DRS81

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

This may not apply to your books, but biographies is another category. Devotionals, Typology/prophecy. (You only have last days prophecies,)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Maybe the Bible as well?

Especially the Bible!

Don't allow yourself to get too distracted from the Word of God. Good Christ centered books are great as far as they go -- but the enemy loves to use distraction and misdirection to keep us out of the God's Word, so be mindful of that.  :)

Guest DRS81

I understand, but if these authors speak the truth I got no beef with um. It just helps to know I'm not alone with my thoughts. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It looks like you have a nice list started.One of my favorite Christian authors has been Dr.Charles Stanley.I have read a couple of his books and they are good.I mostly read fiction so I can't be alot of help.

I understand, but if these authors speak the truth I got no beef with um. It just helps to know I'm not alone with my thoughts. :)

Good. :thumbsup: Glad to hear it.

Don't forget the "old" books while you're at it. Stuff like Pilgrim's Progress comes to mind. (I read it in old English, but there are versions in modern English too.) The Puritans had a lot of good authors too. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Funny, perhaps it is because of my theological training, but none of these categories are 'traditional' Christian categories. They are mostly sub categories of controversial aspects of systematic theology. Perhaps that represents the things in which you are most interested.

How about things like:

Commentaries

Mission

Church History

Guest DRS81

Funny, perhaps it is because of my theological training, but none of these categories are 'traditional' Christian categories. They are mostly sub categories of controversial aspects of systematic theology. Perhaps that represents the things in which you are most interested.

How about things like:

Commentaries

Mission

Church History

Church History is a good one, that would go under my 'History' part of the list. Mission is good one! Commentaries is ok, too many view points however. It's like trying to find the right book to read about the rapture, past/futurism type beliefs. There's too many beliefs bouncing around in commentaries, who to believe and such. I used to be really into commentaries, but I see a lot of flaws in them presenting past/present/future beliefs. For example, have the 5 seals been open or not. Will the rapture happen pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, yadda yadda. I don't think there's truly been prophets around since biblical times, disciples yes, prophets no. I really like studying the salvation part of Christ and all those I mentioned. I enjoy talking about salvation and how to obtain it, the steps to forgiveness and so forth. - DRS81

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS

It is great to hear how your interest in books has been sparked as you have moved on from your 20's.......I have always loved books & have quite an extensive library....probably because only last year have I begun using a computer & the accumulation of books was the inevitable outcome(also trips to the library)

How about a category for dictionaries & concordances?Those are my favorites along with my Hebrew & Greek texts..........of course my favorite category is "Bible",I have alot of Bibles and many of the books I have collect dust except the Bibles...................no matter what you are reading just be sure to eat of Gods Word everyday & you will never go hungry..................God Bless you

With love-in Christ,Kwik