IGNORED

Eva Braun .....Jewish.....?

Guest HisG

Wow....

Hitler's wife may have been Jewish

4:04pm April 6, 2014

Nazi leader Adolf Hitler's wife Eva Braun may have been of Jewish descent according to DNA analysis carried out for a British television documentary, the makers said Saturday.

The anti-Semitic German leader responsible for the Holocaust married his long-term lover Braun shortly before they committed suicide in a Berlin bunker in 1945.

But the programme to be screened by Britain's independent Channel 4 on Wednesday said hair samples show Braun may have had Jewish ancestry herself.

Scientists commissioned by the Dead Famous DNA programme tested hair said to have come from a brush used by Braun and found at Hitler's mountain retreat.

In DNA from the hair, they found a sequence passed down through the maternal line -- haplogroup N1b1 -- which was "strongly associated" with Ashkenazi Jews.

Ashkenazi Jews dispersed into central and eastern Europe in the early Middle Ages, and some converted to Catholicism in Germany in the 19th century.

"This is a thought-provoking outcome -- I never dreamt that I would find such a potentially extraordinary and profound result," presenter Mark Evans said.

The hairs came from a monogrammed hairbrush found at Hitler's Bavarian residence by American army intelligence officer Paul Baer, a US 7th Army captain, who had privileged access to the property and took a number of items from Braun's private apartment.

Photographs taken at Berghof in 1945 show him with the hairbrush.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

wouldn't surprise me, he was very hypocritical. I mean he wasn't even part of the "perfect" race of people he preached-he wasn't 6 foot, blond or blue eyed. . .

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Supposedly hitler had jewish blood too. Nothing about the holocaust was logical or reasonable. It was just evil.

She might not have known she had jewish blood either. I didnt know it until I was in my late 40s or early 50s. 

I agree AJ.

Why did it take so long for you to find out your side AJ? ( if I may ask :). )

It was not something I was interested in. But at one point, I found a bit of family history that showed my grandmother's father and grandfather had Jewish names. I got busy searching because I was curious why and found out that she came from a Jewish enclave of sephardic Jews in Norway. The only thing I havent done is have a dna test. But its clear from all I have learned that my grandmother was Jewish blood. She herself became a Christian and would not discuss her family. 

Thanks for sharing AJ :)

There have been Biblical names in my family tree - Mary, Abraham, Joseph - so, excitedly I thought "Wow, I have Jewish blood", but was told, no, more likely from Catholic families who gave their kids Biblical names....sigh.....

Thanks for sharing AJ :)

There have been Biblical names in my family tree - Mary, Abraham, Joseph - so excitedly I thought "Wow, I have Jewish blood", but was told, no, more likely from Catholic families who gave their kids Biblical names....sigh.....

Its more detailed than that. The names are truly Jewish, the names were changed to standard norwegian names during a time of persecution and changed back to Jewish names when the persecution ended. They lived in one of the very few Jewish enclaves permitted in norway (ashkenazi Jews were banned and the sephardics were grandfathered in.) There are just a whole bunch of other markers that showed she was Jewish descent. I cant get into it without identifying more about myself than Im comfortable about online.