• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I am not into this but what do you think of angelic symbols? humans have always been fascinated by the supernatural but are angelic symbols even real? i mean before i was saved i had a satanic friend i am the kind of person who can make friends with any kind of person and was acceptable of ppl regardless their faith or beliefs. he used satanic symbols and spells so if satan has symbols do angels ir God, i know the cross but anything beyond that regarding symbols i dont even know if they exist

ppl even talk of summoning angels which i highly doubt of anyone being able to do so

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I personally believe that those things are not of God.   They are of the dark side getting people to contact dark forces to mess up their lives both spiritually and physically

Yes those things do exist but they are not of God....     There are a host of demonic beings besides the fallen angels who are more than glad to interface with mortals.

Don't go there.....    for any reason whatsoever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am not sure what you mean by symbols here.

Symbols are human things, not things spiritual beings need.

As best I understand, humans use satanic images, but the demons don't need the symbols to do anything.

Angels don't need symbols. We humans may have symbols for angels - wings and halos for instance - but I don't know of anyone who uses them for anything.

We have symbols to represent God - cross, dove, rainbow (although that one has been hijacked), burning bush, lamb, etc. - but we don't use them for prayers or anything (or at least we shouldn't!).

God has no use for symbol other than to enable us to relate to Him.

Please, don't be too focused on symbols.  I had a dream once about the rapture taking place and there were people who were so caught up in certain symbols and earthly things that they did not even realize what was taking place.  As we ascended into the clouds, I shouted for them to look up and come join us, but they were so fixed on the things of earth and focused on religious symbols instead of Jesus Christ, that they were oblivious to what was happening right in front of them.

I'm not saying there is any significance to my dream, or that it was meant to be a sign, or that it was anything but just a dream, it just taught me a lesson about how sometimes people place their faith in images of the cross, rosaries, and "things" or religious symbols instead of our living God.  

Proverbs warns us that bad company corrupts.  I have meditated on this Scripture and I know what that means for me.  I can love the unsaved and those who dabble in false religions, but I had better not spend too much time with them, or allow their influence in my life lest it place me in danger, maybe weaken my faith.  Just a thought.....

I wanted to ask you also, what does this Scripture below mean to you?

God bless you!

Shalom, PrairWarur

Hebrews 1:14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

This is a quote from Chapter 8 of a book called "Twist of Faith"   

Nothing blurs that line more than today's popular angels. "What idea is more beguiling than the notion of lithesome spirits, free of time and space and human weakness, hovering between us and all harm?" asks Nancy Gibbs in Time magazine's 1993 cover story "Angels Among Us."20

"They're non-threatening, wise and loving beings," says Eileen Freeman, publisher of a bimonthly newsletter called AngelWatch.  "They offer help whether we ask for it or not."21

Since angels abound in the world's pagan religions as well as in biblical history, they fit the need for multicultural gods. Sophy Burnham, who has studied Buddhism and Hinduism and written the two bestsellers, A Book of Angels and Angel Letters blend the "best parts" of many religions. "People are looking for hope," she says. "In the media, we hear of so much horror and despair.  But angels make us know we are loved - these wonderful beings are protecting us."22

And how do you contact these sweet feminine helpers? "It's simple," said Ms. Burham. You simply "go inside yourself... Then you ask for what you need, you sit back, and you wait. It will come."23

Today, it probably will. As Alma Daniels points out in her best-seller Ask Your Angels, everything has changed. Whereas in pagan cultures, only the shaman or medicine man had direct contact with the spirit world, now everyone can be led by their personal demon. As Ms. Daniel says, 

"We stand on the brink of a massive change. On the one hand, we face apparent global disaster, and on the other, there is the potential for the most glorious spiritual transformation our species has ever seen...

"At this time of personal and planetary acceleration, previous rules and old forms are being discarded. Contact with the angels, which used to take years of meditation and dedication, is now available to all who seek it, because the angels are closer to us, and more open to working with us on a conscious level, than they have been in thousands of years...

"The angels aren't making contact just with special people, or in a secret way.  They are doing it openly, joyfully... 24 (Emphasis added) 

Book description

A Twist of Faith

Peggy's search for her own spirituality led her away from her church, her ministry, her husband, and the God who loved her.

She returned to college. There a teacher who called herself a witch encouraged her to try mythical paths to self-empowerment.

"I had to find me," she explained later. "My journey has opened my eyes to a whole new way of seeing God and myself."

"Who is Jesus Christ to you now?" I asked.

"He is a symbol of redemption," she answered. "But I haven't rejected the Bible. I'm only trying to make my spiritual experience my own. I feel like I'm in God's hands whether God is He, She, or It."

Can you identify with Peggy? Do you have friends on similar journeys?

Ignoring the danger signs, millions of girls and women are traveling down cultural freeways to self-made spirituality. Basing their beliefs on feelings, imagination, and mystical experiences, they are shaping a new consciousness that

• touches every family
  • is transforming the church
  • blends truth with myth
  • twists angels into female gods
  • welcomes old and new goddesses
  • shows no tolerance for biblical faith
  • blinds women to the only God who can heal, save, and bring lasting peace

Perhaps you wonder why feminist myths and goddesses have become so believable to contemporary women. Where do their mystical experiences eventually lead? What happens to Christians in a world that follows "other gods"? How can we prepare for the coming conflict between biblical Christianity and the new global spirituality?

These and other questions will be explored in A Twist of Faith. You will also meet precious women who sought spiritual insight but were caught in a web of deception. Some are still trapped in a downward spiral they can't escape. Others have returned to the only God who loves them as they are, offers His strength in every struggle, and promises peace for all eternity.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Those things are not of God.

When you get into this realm, it is very easy to just get overwhelmed if you are not firmly rooted in the word.

So I repeat myself..........   Don't go there.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Read 2 Corinthians 11. Here are verses 12-15

But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

If evil can present itself as an angel of light, this should be more than enough warning to stay far away from such things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

God's Angels are sent to minister to us, Psalms 104:4; Hebrews 1:7.  To be sure many Christian have meet Angels before without knowing it, Hebrews 13:2, this is because God's Angel seek to glorify God not themselves. 

Whereas Paul warns the believers over and over to beware of principalities; these would be angels who serve satan.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness, which are in the high places.

Ephesians 6:12

True Angels of God desire to look into our salvation, I Peter 1:13.   Whereas the devil and his cohorts do everything to draw attention away from our Lord Jesus Christ, II Corinthians 10:4-5.  So basically as everyone else put it, if you really want to honor God's Angel, than don't pay them any mind just keep your attention on Christ Jesus.  For like us, God's Angels worship Jesus, Hebrews 1:6.