LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I have to say it is hard for me to wait on the Lord. Sometimes I wonder why he seems to be taking so long. Do any of you ever feel this way?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Nearly, always.  I know that God is Good, but I will never understand His process of letting His saints wait.  Although sometimes I wonder if it is because we are way to busy hearing the noise of the world. So we cannot hear His still small voice; I King 19:11-18.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I have several issues going on in my life right now.I find myself talking to God often.I ask Him to increase my faith each and everyday.I try to focus on only the day I am going through.If I look at the future and what could happen it can make me anxious.So I try not to do that.It is hard sometimes.God knows what is going to happen in the next second,hour or days ahead.God knows the whole picture we do not.God is in the drivers seat in this journey I am taking on this earth,I am in the passengers seat.If I look at it in this way it helps alot.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Yes i understand how hard it is to wait on the Lord. for instance even though i have some sight i an spiritually blind when it comes to him and what he sees. i want to know him far more than this and i cannot see ppl. the way he does. I feel there is a veil over my eyes and for a long time i have been asking him to give me sight.

when we pray there are generally three answers he gives us yes no and wait and he says wait alot for this prayer. never understood why

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have to say it is hard for me to wait on the Lord. Sometimes I wonder why he seems to be taking so long. Do any of you ever feel this way?

Of course not! (Said with much sarcasm.) :35:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Waiting is what increases our faith. It stretches it. God always comes through at the last minute. I have come to trust in the story of Lazarus. Even though Jesus came too late and he died, the story is not over. Jesus can even raise the dead. So I have come to trust God knowing He is the God of the impossible, nothing is too hard for Him. Even if our faith is stretched like a rubber band and the rubber band breaks, God is still faithful.

I hate to wait, too. But I always have to smile at hubby who will circle 3 blocks out of his way to avoid a red light, only to have to wait at it going the other direction.

There was a story a pastor told about a guy who prayed for patience and unselfishness. God gave him a wife who had 3 kids. lol. We only get virtues by exercising them, like building a muscle.

Yep. On a few issues in my life it's been over 12 years and still no resolution . . . still on course for what would seem to be an end-of-life shipwreck but there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it unless the Lord opens some doors.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Thank you, LadyKay for asking this question, and a deep thank you to all who have answered you have lifted my spirit today.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

"Waiting on the Lord" is an important spiritual principle. If one could only remember to pray for wisdom and guidance before acting or speaking. Actually our whole life is very brief.