IGNORED

Will there be a second chance for salvation after the rapture?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I believe for some they will have a second chance in the thousand years.

Where in scripture do you find bases for this? I read "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment". I hav enever read anything about a second chance after death.

I posted that I believe some will have a second chance, not that I know.  Jesus tells me yes some will have a second chance, but  he does not explain that in any more detail.

Let me see if I understand you correctly, you are claiming that Jesus told you something that is against His won word? God will never go against scripture. Either you can show in scripture where He will give someone a second change after they have passed, or it would be wise of you to find out who it is that you are listening to.

Just for something to think about, and go to Jesus about, what about mentally retarded people, infants who died, people who never had a chance to hear Jesus' name?  

Jesus tells me some things, but there is so much more we don't know or understand.

Also does it truly matter what we believe or don't believe about the thousand years?  All that should matter to us is if we are doing God's will.

Those who have never heard His words, or anything about God, will be judged according to the testimony in their heart, as shown in Romans 2. Nothing about their heart changes after death. It is already written and He will judge accordingly.

Those who cannot comprehend the difference between right and wrong will not be judged the same way we are. Their future is already decided through His mercies, before they die. There is no second chance after death. That is a lie.

What does matter is the truth. When someone states something that is against scripture, it has to be exposed for what it is. It doesn't matter who it is that speaks something false, it has to be exposed so others do not start to believe a lie. We should never just brush it off by not caring about it.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

I believe for some they will have a second chance in the thousand years.

Where in scripture do you find bases for this? I read "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment". I hav enever read anything about a second chance after death.

I posted that I believe some will have a second chance, not that I know.  Jesus tells me yes some will have a second chance, but  he does not explain that in any more detail.

Let me see if I understand you correctly, you are claiming that Jesus told you something that is against His won word? God will never go against scripture. Either you can show in scripture where He will give someone a second change after they have passed, or it would be wise of you to find out who it is that you are listening to.

Just for something to think about, and go to Jesus about, what about mentally retarded people, infants who died, people who never had a chance to hear Jesus' name?  

Jesus tells me some things, but there is so much more we don't know or understand.

Also does it truly matter what we believe or don't believe about the thousand years?  All that should matter to us is if we are doing God's will.

Those who have never heard His words, or anything about God, will be judged according to the testimony in their heart, as shown in Romans 2. Nothing about their heart changes after death. It is already written and He will judge accordingly.

Those who cannot comprehend the difference between right and wrong will not be judged the same way we are. Their future is already decided through His mercies, before they die. There is no second chance after death. That is a lie.

What does matter is the truth. When someone states something that is against scripture, it has to be exposed for what it is. It doesn't matter who it is that speaks something false, it has to be exposed so others do not start to believe a lie. We should never just brush it off by not caring about it.

I state something that you assume contradicts the written word of God, that does not mean it does.  You ignored much of what I shared, and only wanted to believe Jesus told me something you can see contradicts God's written Word. I said some would have a second chance.  Do you know from the written Word of God that know one will get a second chance?  How about infants who died?  How about mentally disabled people?

Be careful that your need to prove me wrong does not cause you to look foolish.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,177
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

People whenever, where ever may have second, third, fourth etc opportunities to turn to God in their life time. Note people going in to the millennium have not died so they obviously can turn to God before they die. God continually draws & calls to people. There is not just one opportunity. 

How great & compassionate & just, is our God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I disagree with the idea that anyone is still in a flesh type body after Christ's second coming. See Isaiah 25 in conjunction with 1 Corinthians 15.

The resurrection per Apostle Paul, is a "spiritual body" type. It can look just like today's flesh, feel like today's flesh, live on the earth like today's flesh, and eat earthly food like today's flesh body does, but it still is not the same flesh. It is a body type of the Heavenly dimension, the body not made with hands but eternal in the heavens per Paul in 2 Cor.5.

Per John 5:28-29, when Jesus returns and all the dead hear His voice, those who have done good will become the "resurrection of life", and those who have done evil to the "resurrection of damnation". In other words, BOTH groups are resurrected at the same day of Christ's coming. Those of still alive on earth will be 'changed' "at the twinkling of an eye" per Apostle Paul in 1 Cor.15 (referring to Isaiah 25 which includes all nations and peoples still on earth at that point).

This is why per Rev.20 the only type of death remaining after Christ's return is the "second death", which is the destruction of one's spiritual body with soul into the "lake of fire" at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign.

Regarding a second chance, there's really no such thing.

The gist of it is that many born in this present world have not yet even had their 'first' chance to hear and believe The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That is one of things Christ's future "thousand years" reign will fix, because per Isaiah Christ's elect will be teaching all the difference between the clean and unclean, and doctrine to the murmurers, etc. Per Rev.3, even those of the "synagogue of Satan" will come and bow to Christ at the feet of His elect. All knees will bow and 'know' The Father and His Son then. What's really amazing is that in that future time when Christ will manifest to all as to Who He is, many will still refuse Him as The Saviour, and will still follow Satan when he is loosed one final time to test them (see end of Zech.14 and Rev.20).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

For me, it's simple.  Why would you need a final judgment after the 1,000 years if everyone's fate was determined before that period?

....For me, it's simple.... 

....Why would you need a final judgment after the 1,000 years....

....if everyone's fate was determined before that period....

:thumbsup:

The Last Chance

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:8-10

And The New

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1

Beginnings

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:5

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,177
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

So true Trinitron,

Salty has got his times muddled up.

`The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed.` (Rev. 20: 5)

Salty,

Why many in the Millennium do not turn to God is because it is Israel ruling the nations & people are still carnal. Note Christ only manifests Himself to Israel when He appoints a king, (David) other rulers & priests to serve during the Millennium. It is not like they see Jesus walking around for He will have returned to His throne above ruling over the Body of Christ, angels & the universe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I state something that you assume contradicts the written word of God, that does not mean it does.  You ignored much of what I shared, and only wanted to believe Jesus told me something you can see contradicts God's written Word. I said some would have a second chance.  Do you know from the written Word of God that know one will get a second chance?  How about infants who died?  How about mentally disabled people?

Be careful that your need to prove me wrong does not cause you to look foolish.

There is never any foolishness in pointing out error.  I provided scripture in post #113, but you must of over looked my reply, so I will post it again.

Hebrews 9:24028

For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

When we stand before Christ, either our name is in the Lambs Book of Life, or it is not. There are no second chances. God is not like man =, having to ponder if someone is His or not, He already knows.

So true Trinitron,

Salty has got his times muddled up.

`The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed.` (Rev. 20: 5)

Salty,

Why many in the Millennium do not turn to God is because it is Israel ruling the nations & people are still carnal. Note Christ only manifests Himself to Israel when He appoints a king, (David) other rulers & priests to serve during the Millennium. It is not like they see Jesus walking around for He will have returned to His throne above ruling over the Body of Christ, angels & the universe.

I know certain groups of believers that think what you say, like SDA, etc., but that is to go directly against the John 5:28-29 Scripture from Jesus about the 'resurrection', both for the just and for the wicked.

John 5:28-29

28    Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice,

29    And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

(KJV)

Tell me -

1. What is the timing of those two verses?

2. Are only the 'just' resurrected at that timing per that Scripture?

3. Since Jesus showed by that how the "resurrection of life" AND... the "resurrection of damnation" both occur on that day, how can the "dead" of Rev.20:5 still be in graves waiting to be resurrected at the end of the thousand years of Rev.20?

Edited by Salty