• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

So in my prayers God sometimes speaks through me and i will use words that i never heard of or know the meaning. Recently i have been praying for sight in all things. his heart his kingdom how he sees us and eveb just the world around us, but more specifically for the veil to be removed from my eyes. i only know of a veil ad that thing a bride wears but i dont know what it does seeing wise. I have not ever used the word veil in my prayers until recently. what does this veil i speak of mean?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

veil
vāl/  
noun
noun: veil; plural noun: veils
  1. 1.
    a piece of fine material worn by women to protect or conceal the face.
    "a white bridal veil"
    synonyms: mask, scarf, kerchief, head covering, headdress; More
    "the women wore black veils"
    • a piece of linen or other fabric forming part of a nun's headdress, resting on the head and shoulders.
    • a thing that conceals, disguises, or obscures something.
      "shrouded in an eerie veil of mist"
      synonyms: covering, cover, screen, curtain, mantle, cloak, mask, blanket, shroud, canopy, cloud, pall More
      "a thin veil of high cloud made the sun hazy"
    • Botany
      a membrane that is attached to the immature fruiting body of some toadstools and ruptures in the course of development, either ( universal veil ) enclosing the whole fruiting body or ( partial veil ) joining the edges of the cap to the stalk.
    • (in Jewish antiquity) the piece of precious cloth separating the sanctuary from the body of the Temple or the Tabernacle.
verb
verb: veil; 3rd person present: veils; past tense: veiled; past participle: veiled; gerund or present participle: veiling
  1. 1.
    cover with or as though with a veil.
    "she veiled her face"

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

So in my prayers God sometimes speaks through me and i will use words that i never heard of or know the meaning. Recently i have been praying for sight in all things. his heart his kingdom how he sees us and eveb just the world around us, but more specifically for the veil to be removed from my eyes. i only know of a veil ad that thing a bride wears but i dont know what it does seeing wise. I have not ever used the word veil in my prayers until recently. what does this veil i speak of mean?

From the Latin velum (or veil), also for the calfskin velum used in the first books before paper was used. Revelation (see the base word velum from the Latin in the word?), means the lifting of the veil.

In biblical terms it means that all will be revealed.

The lifting of the veil by the bride carries the same significance.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Do a study on the word. Look it up in your concordance and check other center column references.

In the Temple a veil seperated all from the presence of Father God' throne and only the high priest could enter the holy of holies. That veil was torn in half during the time that Christ died on the cross which allowed access to the throne of God. So we also have access to God'''s throne through our Great High Priest, Jesus Christ. Hebrews 6:19-20. Also read Hebrews 9. Perhaps these will help. The Jewish temple was a representation of God's throne in heaven.

Moses put a veil over his face so that others would not see the glory of God fading in his face. 2 Corinth. 3:12-18 speaks of this and of the Jews being blinded to seeing Christ in the scriptures. But salvation takes away the veil so that we can see Christ and be tranformed into His likeness. This is a process of learning to see life from God's eternal perspective. People are either lost or saved, for instance. We see His patience, His loving character, but His anger with those who misrepresent Him or twist His words. We see His justice, holiness and righteousness in how He dealt with the nations around Israel as well as how He dealt with His own people. We see His grace in Jesus as well as all of the above. We see His love for the lost and His compassion for those who don't deserve it..

Otherwise I can only advise you to pray that the Holy Spirit enlighten you.

Blessings,

Willa

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.98
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i only know of a veil ad that thing a bride wears but i dont know what it does seeing wise.

Next time you go to WalMart, find the fabric section and look for material that is see-through. Then pull out a section of it and look through it, as if it were a veil.

That ought to show you what it does seeing wise.