• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

There has already been a similar thread to this by somebody (I forget who) who wanted to categorise his Christian books, but I have a similar request for advice.

I am fairly useless when it comes to remembering Bible verses, at least when it comes to quoting them chapter and verse, but I can usually remember what they say, I just have trouble finding them.  I'm the sort of guy who would say 'Jesus said this or Paul said that' but I would like to be able to reference them especially when witnessing to others.

Now I realise that there are online resources (such as Bible gateway) where you can type in key words and find what you want, but is there any online resource that puts things into subject categories, so that if you want to know about something, you can find it and find the source for it?

Subjects might include, the Church, homosexuality, adultery, foods to eat, prophecies and so on.....

Any assistance appreciated.

Guest DRS81

When it comes to verses,

I've pretty much memorized certain words, phrases with the help of the Holy Spirit.

It does help to keep notes though as some verses we forget.

One example is Isaiah 64:6 and the term filthy rags, I remember..

but then again I would forget Ezekiel 32:27 proving soul sleep is false, so I put that in my notes.

Things like that, having the Holy Spirit guide you through scripture is important however. - DRS81

When it comes to verses,

I've pretty much memorized certain words, phrases with the help of the Holy Spirit.

It does help to keep notes though as some verses we forget.

One example is Isaiah 64:6 and the term filthy rags, I remember..

but then again I would forget Ezekiel 32:27 proving soul sleep is false, so I put that in my notes.

Things like that, having the Holy Spirit guide you through scripture is important however. - DRS81

I can see that but I'm not attempting to learn verses even by oral memory, I just want to have a quick handy reference system so that I can pull verses out of the bag so to speak.

Saying that it would be nice to learn a few verses off by heart.

Guest DRS81

I can see that but I'm not attempting to learn verses even by oral memory, I just want to have a quick handy reference system so that I can pull verses out of the bag so to speak.

Make yourself an email for Bible things and forward it back to yourself whenever you update it or learn something new. And you can use ctrl F to find words in the email.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I found two websites for you that have categorized scripture by topic here are the links http://godswordsofcomfort.com/BibleVerses.html and http://www.readtheword.info/bible-verses-by-topic.htm 

I found two websites for you that have categorized scripture by topic here are the links http://godswordsofcomfort.com/BibleVerses.html and http://www.readtheword.info/bible-verses-by-topic.htm 

Excellente - a good start. I shall look at those.

Make yourself an email for Bible things and forward it back to yourself whenever you update it or learn something new. And you can use ctrl F to find words in the email.

I'll take your advice. It's unusual but sounds like a reasonable idea.

Guest DRS81

I'll take your advice. It's unusual but sounds like a reasonable idea.

The only reason email is good idea is because if your laptop or computer crashes, you still got it. :)