educatexan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am preaching on faith this Sunday, and would appreciate reading any thoughts about the subject.  Of particular interest is the comparison of the size of one's faith that Jesus spoke of on occasion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Faith does not come with a standard. Each of us are given a certain measure of faith (Romans 12:3), and this faith "should" grow the more we study scripture and become closer to God (Romans 10:17).

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

The more we know about Jesus the greater our love for Him grows and out of our love grows our faith and trust. One cannot trust someone we do not know and once we know them we learn to love and trust them. So it starts with reading God's Word to learn more about Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Faith is an interesting thing. It is not an intellectual conception, you can not work your self into it, it has to be given.

The classic example; All Israel knew that God could deliver them but only David had the revelation that God would.

We know that faith cometh by hearing the Word of God so the best that I know it to stay right there until.

As it has been said, 'take the adopted baby until the real one comes'.

Same applies for healing 'by His stripes we are healed' - we need to confess that no matter what, for God can not lie. He said 'do you believe? He did not say 'did you feel it'?

Edited by 2404

I've found myself in hard situations where there has been nothing But to leave it up to God - did it mean I stressed less in troubled times? I

wish I could tell you yes, but because of all these events in my life, I can stand here today and look back and see that God has been

"layering", growing, with each situation, a stronger faith for me -

- they haven't been generic one size fits all answers either, but tailor made just for my situations. Especially for me, and for my faith building.

I've been through a lot of situations where I've had nowhere else to go but God, and it's clear to me that we need to trust God in every situation, not just "the big ones".

Step

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

By Step

But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit ad through belief in the truth. 2 Thessalonians 2:13 (NIV)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Hebrews 11:1 tells us that faith is "being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see".

Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that faith is a gift from God,not because we deserve it,have earned it,or are worthy to have it.

We need to have faith to please God.God tells us that it pleases Him that we believe in Him even though we can not see Him.

Without demonstrating faith and trust in God,we have no place with Him.

James1:2-4.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Faith is an adventure if thrilling trial of rewarding endurance and the very essence of love for God. its something much more than a reason to live or a way to find salvation or meaning, its a welcoming gester to to dive into the heart of God and its something no person can truly teach you for that is something u and God alone must discover-after all its ur journey and no one persons faith is the same. yes we are all givena cettain amount of faith its the mustard seed but how greatly it grows? that depends on how u nurioush it. Faith is something always worked on but never perfected and when the world says u cant it will tell u that u can.

imop true faith is not how much of it u have but rather what u believe God can do. faith is something that requires key ingrediants, love hope trust and a relationship with God. u can do a sermon on faith u can even guide them in the right direction but in the end all u çan do is plant the seed what they do with it is between them and God because each journey while each unique has to be experienced and enjoyed