IGNORED

What does scripture say about weather

Guest DRS81

Guest DRS81

For example, if hurricane winds were 50 mph or 90 mph, is God in control of that?

Or say a blizzard hits two parts of the country, one city gets 14 inches and another gets 21 inches.

Does God know how many inches that city will get, and can he control the weather.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessihgs DRS...There are many more verses of Scripture to show us that God is in control of the weather but I just copied a few for you...Love Kwik
Job 25:27-28
"When He imparted weight to the wind And meted out the waters by measure, When He set a limit for the rain And a course for the thunderbolt, Then He saw it and declared it; He established it and also searched it out.
Matthew 8:26

He *said to them, "Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm. The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"

Job5:10

"He gives rain on the earth And sends water on the fields
Psalms 135:7

He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; Who makes lightnings for the rain, Who brings forth the wind from His treasuries.
Jeremia

When He utters His voice, there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, And He causes the clouds to ascend from the end of the earth; He makes lightning for the rain, And brings out the wind from His store
Leviticus 26:4

then I shall give you rains in their season, so that the land will yield its produce and the trees of the field will bear their fruit
Jeremiah 5:24

`They do not say in their heart, "Let us now fear the LORD our God, Who gives rain in its season, Both the autumn rain and the spring rain, Who keeps for us The appointed weeks of the harvest."
Genesis 9:14-16

"It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud, and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. "When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Great job yet again, Kwik. :clap:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Go ask Elijah if God allows Faith to control anything, including the weather.

1Ki 17:1  Now Elijah the Tishbite, of Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, "As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, before whom I stand, there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word." 

to..

1Ki 18:42  So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Mount Carmel. And he bowed himself down on the earth and put his face between his knees. 
1Ki 18:43  And he said to his servant, "Go up now, look toward the sea." And he went up and looked and said, "There is nothing." And he said, "Go again," seven times. 
1Ki 18:44  And at the seventh time he said, "Behold, a little cloud like a man's hand is rising from the sea." And he said, "Go up, say to Ahab, 'Prepare your chariot and go down, lest the rain stop you.'" 

Guest DRS81

Blessihgs DRS...There are many more verses of Scripture to show us that God is in control of the weather but I just copied a few for you...Love Kwik

Thank you kwik and blessings.

So why does God control tornadoes to hit certain houses or mudslides to kill families,

or control ice storms just enough to make the roads icy and kill more people etc etc...

like all those horror stories on weather(dot)com.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS

Oh my Brother,I do not believe that God uses these powerful forces to hurt ,harm or kill anyone................I believe that He does allow these things to happen but not that He causes them to

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

DRS,

Imo, I don't think anyone can answer this question definitively unless they have had a private conversation with God and he told them the answers.

We all know God can do anything and that all things are subject to his will, should he be active. We also all know God has set forth forces at work that don't need his every second attention, like gravity. What we don't know is how personally involved he is in their occurrences. So many factors to consider, including the answer of prayers.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

So why does God control tornadoes to hit certain houses or mudslides to kill families,

or control ice storms just enough to make the roads icy and kill more people etc etc...

What do you think?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Job certainly learned that God is in control and He sends it all from His storehouse. So yes He knows the storm and the rain and He knows how much. Jonah learned about the sun when he hid under the plant for shade and God sent the worm to eat the plant.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

What do you think?

The Bible says that the rain falls on the just and the unjust. Man nerds to be ready and trust God to protect him.