• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

I am having a challenging time at my new job at the daycare center. This is week #4. I am having a hard time catching on to the fast pace environment. The children are challenging to deal with. I am challenged with having classroom management with them. Some of my co-worker are becoming impatient with me. I need help. I need prayer. I need advice.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Praying for you Dawn.

Dawn, hang in there. It's only 4 weeks. You'll get used to the pace.

Your co-workers could be a bit more patient but you can't control that but you Can control you - I know working with kids can be challenging but it's also very very rewarding.

Hang in there - the next 4 weeks WILL be better :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Prayers and blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I prayed for you as well Dawn1974. I would suggest getting the kids to cooperate in group activities, like the old games simon says or red light-green light, it teaches them listening skills and gives them a positive direction for their energy. Or teaching them simple songs  like "This Little Light of Mine","Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "Little Bunny Fufu", etc. and having them sing along with you in a group. Also you can have them all sit down and read them a short book or just make up short stories for them to listen to. Those are just some ideas.

Thank you all for your prayers. This my first time working in a daycare setting. I was working in a elementary school for 11 years with older children. So this is all so new to me. Thank you clean for your suggestions. I will try them.

Guest Butero

You wanted advise, so here goes.  This advise is partially based on personal experience, in another line of work of course.  Your biggest problem is not you, but it is the pressure you feel from others.  You are making more bad decisions and mistakes because you fear how others look at your work.  Put them out of your mind and just say to yourself that you know you are competent to do this job.  If you make an occasional mistake, so what?  You have to cut yourself some slack, and so what if others expect perfection you don't have at first.  Just do the job to the best of your ability, and trust God to give you the ability to succeed.  I have no doubt in my mind that in time, you will be great at your job, but greatness comes with experience.  Those people that are impatient with you forgot what it is like the be the new person. 

Wow Butero! I think you hit on the nail. I will take all that into consideration. I do admit that apart that apart of my problem is that I do worry about what other think of my work, which causes me to make more mistakes.