Dawn1974

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

I remember when I used to work with children in church all the time, it was one of the greatest blessing that God has ever allowed me.   I made a mistake and because many of them asked a question, which to this day causes great heartache to me, I quit.

Dawn you are a virtuous woman of faith, these children need you, please no matter the pressure, just keep doing the work the Lord has for you.  If you leave this work, believe me, you will regret it.  I know to this day I still regret this mistake I made.

Praying for you.

23)  And whatever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

24)  Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Colossians 3:23-24

As you do this remember God's promise to you for this:

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Hebrews 6:10

I know many child have no knowledge of our God, but they can show us how to believe as we should:

3)  And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4)  Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5)  And whoso shall receive one such little child in My Name receiveth Me.

Matthew 18:3-5

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I am having a challenging time at my new job at the daycare center. This is week #4. I am having a hard time catching on to the fast pace environment. The children are challenging to deal with. I am challenged with having classroom management with them. Some of my co-worker are becoming impatient with me. I need help. I need prayer. I need advice.

not sure if this would be allowed but if you were to type in a search (daycare fun for young kids) there are loads of fun things you could do with them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I was an attendant on school busses working with special needs children, many of whom had behavioral problems. It was always a challange, but I would start each year by asking God to give me a special love for the kids placed under my care. He was faithful to do that. I will pray as well that He give you great organizational skills. Somehow when you love the kids, you really enjoy them.

A friend ran a pre school and always had the older children helping the younger children. Someone else would say things like, when you are listening, put up your hand. It always amazed me how they gained their cooperation.

When we had an accident, once, we had the children evacuate but had them hold hands to keep them together in a dangerous intersection.

I can't say that I envy you. On busses we could strap them in so it made things relatively easy. But we did do a lot of singing--even the high school kids enjoyed that. One time we were singing "Hit the road, jack, don't you come back no more, no more, and all the autistic kids were singing the "no more" part--even the non verbal ones.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

You wanted advise, so here goes.  This advise is partially based on personal experience, in another line of work of course.  Your biggest problem is not you, but it is the pressure you feel from others.  You are making more bad decisions and mistakes because you fear how others look at your work.  Put them out of your mind and just say to yourself that you know you are competent to do this job.  If you make an occasional mistake, so what?  You have to cut yourself some slack, and so what if others expect perfection you don't have at first.  Just do the job to the best of your ability, and trust God to give you the ability to succeed.  I have no doubt in my mind that in time, you will be great at your job, but greatness comes with experience.  Those people that are impatient with you forgot what it is like the be the new person. 

That is really good advise Butero.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Thank you these are some wonderful suggestion that I look forward to trying in my class.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

I am having a challenging time at my new job at the daycare center. This is week #4. I am having a hard time catching on to the fast pace environment. The children are challenging to deal with. I am challenged with having classroom management with them. Some of my co-worker are becoming impatient with me. I need help. I need prayer. I need advice.

Speak Gods word over the children everyday. Ask that the Lord would give them a spirit of obedience and understanding. You may be the only Jesus they ever see!