Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tim alexander

Sacred Secrets

54 posts in this topic

Is it possible that Christianity possesses two sets of teachings, one for the general public and another for the elect? Christ Himself said that He spoke clearly to the Disciples who had been given knowledge of the kingdom of heaven, but to all others He spoke in parables. I have discovered that the vast majority of "esoteric" teachings are hogwash. But I have also discovered what I believe to be exceedingly strong evidence that our religion DOES possess a secret teaching.

I would strongly disagree.  Here are the reasons:

There are sects within Christianity that believe they do in fact possess esoteric, hidden, secret knowledge....whatever name one wants to give to such things.

The Bible, however, is very plain that the Holy Spirit will reveal God's will THROUGH His REVEALED  word and that revelation, such as we already have, is not ongoing.

Much of the NT was actually written to counter such things.

God does not hide anything.  If it appears hidden, then it is hiding in plain sight.

I would be extremely wary of anyone or any group or any teaching that departs from the teaching we have.

To be sure, it is up to the individual as to how much they want to pursue God and know Him.

I believe the Holy Spirit is as active today as He was when God first sent Him.

Deception is the number 1 tool the devil uses to lead believers astray.

Jesus taught this before sending the Holy Spirit to teach us. Saying that, it is possible to have many understands, but still only one truth. Man is the reason from this division as we still see in the mirror dimly, not fully understanding what He is trying to teach.

I do not believe He teaches two different truths, otherwise there would be no truth at all. We can read in John 14 how He provides the truth to us.

Blessings tim,

Welcome to Worthy,I do hope you love it here as much as I do ....it is such a blessing to be all together,Praise the Lord!

The Good News Gospel is for us to spread to every creature,in every nation.................the Word of God is to be proclaimed,we are to confess Jesus with our mouth....everything of God is to be made known to all men,no secrets ,nothing hidden.............We walk in the Light,we are to be like a city upon a hill,do you put a lamp under a bed?

There is only one Bible,not any different  or separate teaching................there are many with hardened hearts,blind eyes & deaf ears but those are them that will not receive Gods Word...........................God is not a respecter of persons.,everyone is given a measure of faith and has the same opportunity & free will to either accept or deny Christ.....when you open your heart to Jesus,have faith in Who He is & confess Him with your mouth ,He indwells us with His Holy Spirit...............the Wisdom & Understanding of Gods Timeless Truth is revealed by the Power of the Holy Spirit                                                                                                                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                         

I would strongly disagree.  Here are the reasons:

There are sects within Christianity that believe they do in fact possess esoteric, hidden, secret knowledge....whatever name one wants to give to such things.

The Bible, however, is very plain that the Holy Spirit will reveal God's will THROUGH His REVEALED  word and that revelation, such as we already have, is not ongoing.

Much of the NT was actually written to counter such things.

God does not hide anything.  If it appears hidden, then it is hiding in plain sight.

I would be extremely wary of anyone or any group or any teaching that departs from the teaching we have.

To be sure, it is up to the individual as to how much they want to pursue God and know Him.

I believe the Holy Spirit is as active today as He was when God first sent Him.

Deception is the number 1 tool the devil uses to lead believers astray.

I agree with most of what you said, especially that :if it appears hidden, then it is hiding in plain sight." I believe that Christ came teaching the Way of Truth that leads to Life. His Life IS the revealed mystery of salvation. But so few have eyes that see or ears that listen and understand. A veil has been cast over much of the Truth that is Christ. God's truths cannot be destroyed, but they can be hidden by a veil of darkness (distorted truth). They are there in plain sight for those who have eyes to see. To all others there is only darkness. It is not my intention to confuse or misdirect anyone from their path. I believe in what I have discovered, but God does not lead everyone to Him through the same forests.

Blessings tim,

Welcome to Worthy,I do hope you love it here as much as I do ....it is such a blessing to be all together,Praise the Lord!

The Good News Gospel is for us to spread to every creature,in every nation.................the Word of God is to be proclaimed,we are to confess Jesus with our mouth....everything of God is to be made known to all men,no secrets ,nothing hidden.............We walk in the Light,we are to be like a city upon a hill,do you put a lamp under a bed?

There is only one Bible,not any different  or separate teaching................there are many with hardened hearts,blind eyes & deaf ears but those are them that will not receive Gods Word...........................God is not a respecter of persons.,everyone is given a measure of faith and has the same opportunity & free will to either accept or deny Christ.....when you open your heart to Jesus,have faith in Who He is & confess Him with your mouth ,He indwells us with His Holy Spirit...............the Wisdom & Understanding of Gods Timeless Truth is revealed by the Power of the Holy Spirit                                                                                                                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                         

Blessings to you, Kwik!

Thanks for the welcome and the comments. I agree that everyone is given a measure of faith, but I don't believe that the measure is given in the same way to each. We are all individuals that do not become one until we partake of the body and blood of Christ. The Bible, I believe, possesses layers of meaning, and as we grow in Christ we may eat of the meat rather than partaking only of the milk. The meat is the allegorical interpretations of Scripture. Interpreting allegorically does not invalidate the literal interpretation, but instead adds dept to the truth.

Hi Tim.......hope all is well. I've always said, and I'm sure you have heard...satan is in the details.

God does not want to be studied but known.

He is not some historic figure, He is God. Alive and well :)

I told many men...hardened men, how serious are you about God?

Do ya just want to debate and debate and debate your entire life and end up no better off than you were from where you first started.

Or is it time to man up...and find out once and for all :)

Here is my suggestion to those who just talk and talk and talk and talk.

Get in your car, or go some place secluded. Take no food or water and don't come away (even death) from there until you get what you came for. 

Many men have done this, and guess who shows up.....YEP!!! Jesus...every time :)

Now they have experienced Jesus in thier lives, and now they can get back to their life...the one Jesus chose for them since birth.

If that's do deep for ya.....then go on debating never achieving anything. Satan loves that....just what ever you do, never give your life to Christ.

God Bless you....trust me...I've been there and done that.

Rick

Edited by RANDOR

Nope there are no secrets, just what God has chosen to not yet reveal to us.

The bible is a book of promises, those already met by God, and those He will (as the bible tells us), still meet.

So if you wish to label that which He has not revealed as a secret, fine, but there is no "elect", no "inner circle", there is just us.....

But I have also discovered what I believe to be exceedingly strong evidence that our religion DOES possess a secret teaching.

Thanks Tim 

But please then, what do you mean by the above?

Hi Tim.......hope all is well. I've always said, and I'm sure you have heard...satan is in the details.

God does not want to be studied but known.

He is not some historic figure, He is God. Alive and well :)

I told many men...hardened men, how serious are you about God?

Do ya just want to debate and debate and debate your entire life and end up no better off than you were from where you first started.

Or is it time to man up...and find out once and for all :)

Here is my suggestion to those who just talk and talk and talk and talk.

Get in your car, or go some place secluded. Take no food or water and don't come away (even death) from there until you get what you came for. 

Many men have done this, and guess who shows up.....YEP!!! Jesus...every time :)

Now they have experienced Jesus in thier lives, and now they can get back to their life...the one Jesus chose for them since birth.

If that's do deep for ya.....then go on debating never achieving anything. Satan loves that....just what ever you do, never give your life to Christ.

God Bless you....trust me...I've been there and done that.

Rick

Thank you for your thoughts and words. I too know a little about hardened men and solitude. I just spent 24 years in federal penitentiaries, about 14 years of that in the hole. I was something of a problem child... I also went through treatment for stage three throat cancer and caught a MRSA infection in the middle of treatment. Adversity I know thy name!:) I have always been something of a hard head and it took a lot of adversity to teach me that I was not invincible and something very special to lead me down a path to God. To say that God does not want to be studied...I disagree. It was through study that the mystery of Christ was revealed to me -- at least what I know of it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0