• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It's hard to say. Some may say that he made a mistake when he allowed Satan to get up to mischief and screw everything up in the first place. Others would say that it's all part of his grand plan.

I daren't really have an opinion, but I will say this - if he has made any mistakes you can definitely be sure that he has learned from them!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I would think that anything we might perceive as a mistake is probably just something beyond our finite comprehension.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God makes no mistakes.Anyone capable of mistakes would be finite,not infinite.God is not a man.Man makes mistakes.In all of Satan's desperate effort to find one single fault in Jesus he has failed.What single mistake do you think God made?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well he certainly has done things that he wished he hadn't....   he said that he repented that he made man and killed all life except for eight people and a few animals...

He started to kill all the Hebrews but Moses and his family and repented of the thought when Moses talked him out of it.

That's one thing he did and one other that he was about to do....     don't know if you'd call them mistakes......   but after what the Israelites did for many many generations, it may well have been a mistake to have not killed them all as he started to do.

Never really thought about it in the terms of mistakes.....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Well he certainly has done things that he wished he hadn't....   he said that he repented that he made man and killed all life except for eight people and a few animals...

He started to kill all the Hebrews but Moses and his family and repented of the thought when Moses talked him out of it.

That's one thing he did and one other that he was about to do....     don't know if you'd call them mistakes......   but after what the Israelites did for many many generations, it may well have been a mistake to have not killed them all as he started to do.

Can I have scripture for this or is this your opinion?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Whenever we speculate about God we are treading on unknown and possibly dangerous ground. I made sure that my statement contained the word 'if'.

To quote myself:

"but I will say this - if he has made any mistakes you can definitely be sure that he has learned from them!"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Can I have scripture for this or is this your opinion?

Gen 6:6

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

KJV

Ex 32:14

14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

KJV

Judg 2:18

18 And when the Lord raised them up judges, then the Lord was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the Lord because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.

KJV

1 Sam 15:35

35 And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

KJV

2 Sam 24:16

16 And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the Lord was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

KJV

Jonah 3:10-4:1

10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

KJV

Guest Butero

Those would be scriptures people would use to show God supposedly making mistakes, but I don't believe that is what took place.  I just think that is the way God spoke to us in a way we could understand.  There is no way that I believe God didn't know full well what Saul would do after he became King, and I am fully convinced that God planned to raise up David when Saul fell.  The same thing goes for all the other instances you mentioned.  I don't believe it caught God off guard when the sons of God took the daughters of men for wives and created a race of giants.  God is just saying he is not pleased with those things, and then he goes on to take action.  He is speaking to us in a way humans can grasp it.  God's ways are so much higher than ours, we couldn't comprehend all of what he is doing.  There is just too much evidence in scripture that shows God is fully in control. 

Look at what it would mean for God to make mistakes.  It would mean he is not perfect.  He couldn't have all knowledge.  How could we trust Bible prophesy?  God could believe that things will go down a certain way, but he could be mistaken.   The devil could foul him up by not co-operating.  Satan knows what the Bible says about him.  What if he decided to trip God up by going in a different direction?  Wouldn't that be a good strategy?  We could be sure of nothing.  I believe God is mightier than that.  I believe God is perfect and knows everything, past, present and future, and makes no mistakes.