Willa

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

In the past I shared how our son has taken family devotions into the computer age. He sends a short text from the Bible to his kids' phones accompanied by an application or word of encouragement after praying for God's inspiration.. He leaves early in the morning for work so he does this during his break. His kids friends are now asking for it to be forwarded to them, as well. And people at work are asking about it, since he has his bible out and is texting. So now they stop and ask what his message for the day is.

Recently he was informed of an impending lay off and to start looking for work elsewhere. He has been deeply troubled since medical insurance keeps his wife's expensive infusions coming for her multiple sclerosis. It is the only thing that has slowed her rapid decline. Knowing dad is struggling to depend fully on God's word right now, his 12 year old and 16 year old have been sending bible passages of hope and encouragement back to him. This is so cool to see that God's word has been planted in fertile, deep soil that has yielded fruit. It also means they are searching God's word for themselves to find help and guidance in time of need.

I Hope this inspires some of you to try texting devotions to your family. It is often hard to find suitable material for family devotions or to gather everyone together for them. We tried for years and so did he. This is the one thing that has worked for them.

Or if you have found other things that have worked for you, please share them.

Fantastic!  I loved this, Willamina!  You must be so proud of him.  Please let him know that I will be praying for his job, a new one, this one, whatever God has in mind, and I will be praying for your daughter-in-law.  By the ages of their children, it sounds like she is quite young to be so ill.  I am so sorry about that!  Disease knows no age limits, it knows no social boundaries, gender, or race.  Disease is a terrible thing!  But, our God is able!  Praise God!  I will ask Him to heal your son's wife, and to grant great peace and joy in all of your family.

God bless you all so much, dear Willamina!  You must have done something right and very special to raise such a fine son.

Shalom, Prair

Recently he was informed of an impending lay off and to start looking for work elsewhere.

He has been deeply troubled since medical insurance keeps his wife's expensive infusions coming for her multiple sclerosis.

It is the only thing that has slowed her rapid decline.

Knowing dad is struggling to depend fully on God's word right now, his 12 year old and 16 year old have been sending bible passages of hope and encouragement back to him.

This is so cool to see that God's word has been planted in fertile, deep soil that has yielded fruit.

It also means they are searching God's word for themselves to find help and guidance in time of need.

:thumbsup:

Hallelujah~!

Praying~!

Fantastic!  I loved this, Willamina!  You must be so proud of him.  Please let him know that I will be praying for his job, a new one, this one, whatever God has in mind, and I will be praying for your daughter-in-law.  By the ages of their children, it sounds like she is quite young to be so ill.  I am so sorry about that!  Disease knows no age limits, it knows no social boundaries, gender, or race.  Disease is a terrible thing!  But, our God is able!  Praise God!  I will ask Him to heal your son's wife, and to grant great peace and joy in all of your family.

God bless you all so much, dear Willamina!  You must have done something right and very special to raise such a fine son.

Shalom, Prair

We just do all we know how to do, depending on God's word, guidance, love and wisdom; but it is purely by God's grace that they are saved. While both our sons are saved, I watch some of our 6 grandchildren remain uncommitted but in church. So it is encouraging to watch 2 grow in God.

Thank you for your prayers. They learned that she has MS 20 years ago, and right after he was laid off after a funding cut back. They have gone through some very hard struggles that have taken their toll on his body as well--both his heart and stress induced infirmities. He is doing much better this time; God has given him peace in the midst of troubles most of the time.

I was really hoping that others would contribute family devotion ideas that have worked for them, since I am a firm believer that the family that prays together, stays together. Hubby would pray for each son individually before he left for school. He still leads the 2 of us in prayer each night. But family devotions was always difficult for us.

Thank you and Joe for your encouragement and prayers.

Willa

• 4 weeks later...

God has answered our prayers about our son's job. He has an offer that will be about $3 an hour less than he makes now, but it will be only a dollar less by next year. We had prayed for the doors to be closed that he should not walk through, and he had applied for about a dozen jobs. This was the only interview. We had also prayed for good insurance and that God will keep him safe, since it will involve hazardous materials, that he will enjoy the people he will work with, and that God would make him physically fit to do the work. He suffers from a painful muscle disease that tears his tendons. So we are trusting that God is answering all these requests as well. And we once again thank and praise Him for his faithfulness. Son said that this one really stretched his faith, and he has gone through this many times, and it has always torn him asunder. This time he is over 45 and getting beyond the desirable age.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

God has answered our prayers about our son's job. He has an offer that will be about $3 an hour less than he makes now, but it will be only a dollar less by next year. We had prayed for the doors to be closed that he should not walk through, and he had applied for about a dozen jobs. This was the only interview. We had also prayed for good insurance and that God will keep him safe, since it will involve hazardous materials, that he will enjoy the people he will work with, and that God would make him physically fit to do the work. He suffers from a painful muscle disease that tears his tendons. So we are trusting that God is answering all these requests as well. And we once again thank and praise Him for his faithfulness. Son said that this one really stretched his faith, and he has gone through this many times, and it has always torn him asunder. This time he is over 45 and getting beyond the desirable age.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

Wonderful news Willamina

Very encouraging to read your op and how your family prays and shares together