Robert Sanders

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

So, God is neither man nor woman. He is God!

I had been in a discussion on this topic sometime ago, and I asked the Lord about it.  The answer I got was God is a man.  How do I know that?  Jesus Christ is God and he is a male. 

You are wrong.Go review your Bible.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Guest Butero

I had been in a discussion on this topic sometime ago, and I asked the Lord about it.  The answer I got was God is a man.  How do I know that?  Jesus Christ is God and he is a male. 

Are you saying Jesus Christ is not God, or he was not a man? 

Jesus was a man who walked on this earth 2000 years ago.Jesus is God John 10:30.He was either the Son of God or a madman to say the things that He did.Read your Bible.It is your choice.

Guest Butero

Jesus was a man who walked on this earth 2000 years ago.Jesus is God John 10:30.He was either the Son of God or a madman to say the things that He did.Read your Bible.It is your choice.

Then how am I wrong in anything I said?  I said God is a man because Jesus Christ is God and he is male.  I could also point out that he calls the Godhead Father.  When the Bible says God is not a man that he should lie, it only means he isn't a mortal human being like we are.  It doesn't mean he isn't male. 

Then how am I wrong in anything I said?  I said God is a man because Jesus Christ is God and he is male.  I could also point out that he calls the Godhead Father.  When the Bible says God is not a man that he should lie, it only means he isn't a mortal human being like we are.  It doesn't mean he isn't male. 

Butero,you are confusing the issue.I am done debating this topic with you.

Guest Butero

Butero,you are confusing the issue.I am done debating this topic with you.

What did I confuse?  You told me I was wrong when I stated that God is male.  I know he is a male because Jesus Christ is God and he is a man.  What did I say that was untrue? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

you all need to define "God"     once again you guys are talking about the Father, the Son and the Spirit as being the same thing and they are not.

Jesus is a man......   or was and is what we will some day be.

The Holy Spirit is just that.....

The Father is something that looks like Jesus did when he was here for he told us that when we had seen him we had seen the Father.

So I would say that the Father is male also......    I know that may be twisting things a bit......   but it's cool anyway..

God is not a man as in gender or as in humanity? I thought the KJV did use the male pronoun but I do agree that God is not a part of earthly humanity

~

Born

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Psalms 2:7

Forever A Jew

.... which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David, Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson, Luke 3:31-32

And The KING Of KINGS

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. Revelation 17:14

My LORD And My God

Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:27-28

My Kinsmen

they still retain the right to be bought back, even after they have been purchased. They may be bought back by a brother, Leviticus 25:48 (NLT)

Redeemer

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. Titus 2:13-14

Jesus

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

you all need to define "God"     once again you guys are talking about the Father, the Son and the Spirit as being the same thing and they are not.

Jesus is a man......   or was and is what we will some day be.

The Holy Spirit is just that.....

The Father is something that looks like Jesus did when he was here for he told us that when we had seen him we had seen the Father.

So I would say that the Father is male also......    I know that may be twisting things a bit......   but it's cool anyway..

When did someone bring up the Holy Spirit? I read the discussion being about God the Father and Jesus whom both seem male or are at least referred to as being male. Also if one believes in the Trinity then they might see all as one...

For the record - God is spirit.

God entered humanity as a man because of the laws of nature.

Man is human - God is spirit.

The question probably should be - is God "male"?

The Bible does speak of God in terms of male characteristics - He, husband etc.