• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Do I go to hell if I can't forget.

No.

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespassed against us is Old Covenant Law versus New Covenant Grace. The Lord's Prayer (which is actually the disciples' prayer when you read the text you see the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray as John taught his disciples to pray). This was during Old Covenant times (New Covenant did not take place until the cross see Hebrews 9:16-17). Conditions for everything in the Old Covenant. The only condition in the New Covenant is belief in Jesus Christ (John 3:16-18).

You only go to hell for not believing in Jesus Christ.

As a believer in Christ Jesus you are eternally saved eternally secure.

Can't sin your way out of salvation (1 Corinthians 5:5)

Can't be stolen away from God (John 10:28-29)

Can't walk away from salvation (Jeremiah 32:40)

And...

1 John 1:5-10 (KJV)

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2:1-8 (KJV)

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Forgiveness implies that you don't regard the sin vs you as a debt that requires retribution. Forgiveness implies that you know no man after the flesh (2 Cor 5) -- you know them (relate to them) as persons for whom Christ died and for whom Christ has supplied a new nature as child of God (whether or not they appropriate it). You don't relate to them merely on the basis that they are Adamic sinners. Forgiveness means you don't nurse a grudge or let the sun go down on your anger (giving satan an opportunity).