• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

My uncle posed this question to me, and I had not ever wondered about it before, but now that I think about it,it is a mystery.

Genesis 4:15-16 (New International Version)

15 But the LORD said to him, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

If the only people on earth were living in the Garden of Eden, were there people also living in the land of Nod, and if so, where did they come from?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Genesis 5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters

It is likely Cain had a wife among one of adam and eves daughters and she went with him. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Genesis is an enigma and probably the book most responsible for Atheists mocking Christianity. Evolution, the age of the Earth and various other anomalies all stem from Genesis, but that's only because non-Christians and non-Jews fail to understand the book.

Genesis does not tell us everything, it just gives snapshots. It only tells us what God thinks we need to know and leaves a lot of things out. Cain probably had a wife but she is not mentioned because she is not part of the overall plot.

Of course, if Cain had a wife it would have been one of his own sisters. Incest was not forbidden in those days because Man hadn't become genetically corrupted (I would guess). Even Lot copulated with his own daughters (Genesis 19:36).

Later on when the Earth was sufficiently populated, God made rules against interbreeding.

My uncle posed this question to me, and I had not ever wondered about it before, but now that I think about it, it is a mystery.

15 But the LORD said to him, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

If the only people on earth were living in the Garden of Eden, were there people also living in the land of Nod, and if so, where did they come from?

~

It Is No Mystery; First The Boot

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. Genesis 3:24

And Then The Kids

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. Genesis 4:1-2

~

Say Uncle

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26

Got Jesus?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

My uncle posed this question to me, and I had not ever wondered about it before, but now that I think about it,it is a mystery.

Adam and Eve got kicked out of the garden of eden. No human was living in the garden after they fell. 

Adam and Eve had plenty of other children that were not mentioned by name. That is likely how the people of Nod came about. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Let's See Now: Who was buried in Grant's tomb?

No, the question was, "Who Populated Nod"?

Answer = Winken and Blinken, of course.

Wrong, actually Who is on first!

But seriously you say, "If the only people on earth were living in the Garden of Eden, were there people also living in the land of Nod, and if so, where did they come from?"

The only 2 people who ever lived in Eden in the Bible are Adam and Eve. Cain, Abel, Seth, and the "sons and daughters" of Adam (not named but referred to in the plural) never lived in the Garden in the Bible. Now with men living nearly 1000 years in those days, there might be quite a batch of children hatched in all that time. So, whoever lived in Nod would simply be descendants of Adam and Eve. I have no idea how many children Eve hatched, but 500 is possible. And when each of them got to be 20 (just to pick a number), if they started reproducing, you can see how quickly the population could rise.

Edited by Atwood

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

they are all the kids, grand kids and great grand kids of Adam and Eve.     When you live to be 900 years old you can have lots of great great grand kids.

If Adam and Eve had one child a year for half thier lives they could easily have had 400 kids.....   if those 400 pared up into coo hundred couples and they had 400 kids each that would make about 80,000 alive after two generations.

At the end of the third generation it would be possible to have 16 million people alive.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

they are all the kids, grand kids and great grand kids of Adam and Eve.     When you live to be 900 years old you can have lots of great great grand kids.

Actually, try twenty-odd greats. That's feasible...... great, great, great, great, great...... and so on.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Adam and Eve got kicked out of the garden of eden. No human was living in the garden after they fell. 

Adam and Eve had plenty of other children that were not mentioned by name. That is likely how the people of Nod came about. 

good post ayin jade just like king David was the youngest in his family and God chose him over his older brothers.

there could have other siblings that did not get a mention in the Bible.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The land of Nod was where Cain settled after he was punished by God for the murder of his brother,Abel.No one knows where the land of Nod was located.Cain's settling "east of Eden" tells us that he was further removed from the Garden.The fact that Cain left God's presence suggests that he lived the rest of his life alienated from God.The Bible tells us that the children of Cain followed in his path and established

a godless civilization.Genesis 4:16-24.