• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I know I'm supposed to be excited about the rapture and his second return. So someone smack me cause why am I not feeling excited. Whats wrong with me.

Guest LadyC

are you talking about Jesus' return? tigger, i'm not going to smack you if that is what you are talking about. i totally understand! the idea of Christ's return fills me with anxiety and dread and sadness. if every person i loved was saved, i'd be excited. until then, i just keep praying that God will bring  them all into a relationship with Him first. 

Guest DRS81

I know I'm supposed to be excited about the rapture and his second return. So someone smack me cause why am I not feeling excited. Whats wrong with me.

Because we're living in a fallen world still controlled by meaningless and dumb things.

For example, I told a woman at work yesterday about the blood moons.

She doesn't even think Israel is God's promised land, and she's in her late sixties.

She also cared less about the blood moons when I told her.

Let that one sink in, while I go out for food, peace.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

That is a good question.Why are you not excited for the return of Christ?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Not everyone is excited by the thought of the rapture and second return. While scripture does speak about watching for His return, it does not command we be excited.

For me, I see many things I think need doing, and that I am not done with what I should be doing. If I am raptured, I know I will be excited when it happens, and when it happens I know my work on this earth will be complete. Until that time, I have things to do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

My daughter in law was still clinging to things of the world when we dicussed it one day. I felt sad for her, and for their kids who go to church but are not really committed to the Lord yet. We can't be double minded about our committment to Christ, so I continue to pray for them till the love Him with ALL their hearts, souls, strenght and might..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I think it might be what Willamina mentioned, some of us tend to cling to the world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a hard time getting all excited about it for I know that about 5 and a half billion people must die before that happens....

I just can't get up for that.   My outcome will be the same if it's today, tomorrow  or in a hundred years...    so I'm just not rushing it.

People are coming to Christ all over the world in really big numbers these days and I don't want Him to return until we have no converts for at least six months....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I think it might be what Willamina mentioned, some of us tend to cling to the world.

I tend to think there are many Christians who seem to want to escape the world.

Personally, I do not understand getting excited with the knowledge of what is about to happen to the people left. Yes, it will be wonderful for us, but at this time, I look at family, friends, and my people, most who do not know the Lord.   

Guest Butero

Do you feel some concern you aren't ready for the Lord's return?  Do you feel like you may be left behind?  I often find that when people aren't excited about Jesus' return, it is because they aren't certain of their own fate.  If you are ready to meet him, and he were to return today, you would be instantly in the air meeting Jesus.  You would be on your way to seeing the Father.  You would have the marriage supper of the Lamb to look forward to, and a mansion prepared for you by Jesus himself, and all of that would take place without having known physical death.  It is hard not to get excited about that, so long as you know you are right with God. 

I really don't know what is going on in your heart, but read in Revelation about the New Jerusalem.  Read about what God has in store for the saints, and see if that doesn't stir up excitement within you.