• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

My uncle and I went to see the movie "Noah" yesterday. What happened??? Transformer monsters, stow-aways, top decks, separate boats? The producers obviously had enough money to make a good movie, and they fumbled the ball. A little less Hollywood, and closer to scripture would have been nice. Did they think they could improve on the bible?

Guest LadyC

i am looking forward to seeing it when it is available for streaming. in fact, i'll probably buy it. my brother went and saw it in the theater. he LOVED the movie. said it was epic! but he also said "as far as Biblical accuracy, well, they got the names right....." LOL, 

i'm not one of those who ban hollywood productions just because it's unbiblical. good grief, who expects hollywood to get it right? hollywood NEVER gets anything biblical right. they are in it for entertainment value that translates into a bottom line. and that's why i'll own it... because it's going to be highly entertaining, and i love russel crowe.

but.... as i've said in other threads. just blanket boycotting does nothing for anyone. as inaccurate as it is, it can still be used as a witnessing tool, but ONLY if you see it yourself. one can't have a legitimate debate about what was wrong with the movie if they haven't seen it, because those that do see it won't listen to someone who just parrots the words of some reviewer. so for those who choose NOT to see it, they would be better not to discuss the movie with unbelievers who DO see it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My uncle and I went to see the movie "Noah" yesterday. What happened??? Transformer monsters, stow-aways, top decks, separate boats? The producers obviously had enough money to make a good movie, and they fumbled the ball. A little less Hollywood, and closer to scripture would have been nice. Did they think they could improve on the bible?

The movie didn't come from the Bible.   It's from the Zohar and a couple of old  Gnostic teachings.   I don't believe I've seen anything in any of the promotions that it's from the Bible.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I would not go see it. Don't want to give my money to another Hollywood fable. But every so often I remember that my sister in law said that "Jesus Christ Superstar" really helped her to believe. I did not see that one either. But it reminds me that God can use most anything if a person is seaking Him. We can always tell people that the Book was better, and refer them to Genesis. Then we can tell them that the movie was really taken from Jewish fiction that was based on a true event.

that is a good point about God using whatever......

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

i am looking forward to seeing it when it is available for streaming. in fact, i'll probably buy it. my brother went and saw it in the theater. he LOVED the movie. said it was epic! but he also said "as far as Biblical accuracy, well, they got the names right....." LOL, 

i'm not one of those who ban hollywood productions just because it's unbiblical. good grief, who expects hollywood to get it right? hollywood NEVER gets anything biblical right. they are in it for entertainment value that translates into a bottom line. and that's why i'll own it... because it's going to be highly entertaining, and i love russel crowe.

but.... as i've said in other threads. just blanket boycotting does nothing for anyone. as inaccurate as it is, it can still be used as a witnessing tool, but ONLY if you see it yourself. one can't have a legitimate debate about what was wrong with the movie if they haven't seen it, because those that do see it won't listen to someone who just parrots the words of some reviewer. so for those who choose NOT to see it, they would be better not to discuss the movie with unbelievers who DO see it.

yeah well, I agree about the boycott but I also think that it is time to just turn away from a movie that uses the Bible as a springboard, creating the illusion for those that do not know the difference,

that it is anywhere near who God is.

I don't care if you want to watch it......at this point in time, I think it is better to turn away from this pimped up and whored out version of the Bible.

Don't take it personally..you have your opinion and I have now voiced my opinion

I personally think we all need to start making hard choices now

Again, I'm not making it personal, but I am responding in part to your opinon which you have freely expressed numerous times

What's the point?  Really...what's the point?  It's a boatload of crap

Why feed on contaminated food?  I don't believe that it does not effect you if you think you know the truth

Guest LadyC

i didn't take it personally, and i think you expressed your opinion quite eloquently :)

but we all feed the hollywood whore. everything produced by hollywood is a pimped out version of something, and yet the vast majority even of christians crave entertainment... and we pay for it every day. maybe what we spend our money on isn't a movie that uses the Bible as a springboard, but no matter what movie we watch, we're feeding the machine and lining the pockets of those who run it.

we do all make choices in what to watch. in my world, movies that celebrate adultery or center the story on sexual immorality, or movies that promote any form of the occult, is my hard line. the next person may choose to watch nothing with violence. or nothing with drug use depicted. others may choose the hard line of not watching anything that hollywood produces that has any "biblical" basis, and i use that term loosely.... very loosely. i have no problem with those who choose not to watch movies such as noah... although i still think they'd be wise not to try to engage someone who did on points of the movie. i loved what willamina said

I would not go see it. Don't want to give my money to another Hollywood fable. But every so often I remember that my sister in law said that "Jesus Christ Superstar" really helped her to believe. I did not see that one either. But it reminds me that God can use most anything if a person is seaking Him. We can always tell people that the Book was better, and refer them to Genesis. Then we can tell them that the movie was really taken from Jewish fiction that was based on a true event.

i think that's a very creative and genuine way for someone who didn't see it to use it as a way to witness to someone who didn't.... the key being never to debate what was "wrong" with the movie if you didn't see it, just point them to where they can find the right answers. thumbs up to willamina! 

still, i love historical fiction. i love biblical fiction. my favorite genre of book is biblical fiction. anything written BASED on scripture is going to have more non-biblical content than biblical... because there's no way to take a brief chapter or two from scripture and turn it into 400 pages or 2 hours of film. of course, i'm well grounded in scripture too, and i read more Bible than any other book. the same can't be said for most of the people who view a movie. i guess that's why i liked willamina's response so much.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

i didn't take it personally, and i think you expressed your opinion quite eloquently  :)

but we all feed the hollywood whore. everything produced by hollywood is a pimped out version of something, and yet the vast majority even of christians crave entertainment... and we pay for it every day. maybe what we spend our money on isn't a movie that uses the Bible as a springboard, but no matter what movie we watch, we're feeding the machine and lining the pockets of those who run it.

we do all make choices in what to watch. in my world, movies that celebrate adultery or center the story on sexual immorality, or movies that promote any form of the occult, is my hard line. the next person may choose to watch nothing with violence. or nothing with drug use depicted. others may choose the hard line of not watching anything that hollywood produces that has any "biblical" basis, and i use that term loosely.... very loosely. i have no problem with those who choose not to watch movies such as noah... although i still think they'd be wise not to try to engage someone who did on points of the movie. i loved what willamina said

Good.  thanks...I appreciate another point of view just not when it is force fed...so thanks for that!  happy_20.png

I crave reality and enjoyment in life and that I think we shall find as we do our best to do what is right.  Have I always been that person?  Unfortuneatly, no, I have not.

I can't tell when I was last in a movie theater and I actually wanted to see this movie cause the special effects in the trailer had me thinking  "OOO big screen!  even better!  

I think what has tripped it for me, is the insipid creeping into the church of all kinds of bizarre doctrines and the entwining of wordly relativity with God's absolutes.  

I'm not worried about lining anyone's pockets cause those pockets are gonna get lined with or without me.  I'm actually thinking about personal integrity but I am

not extending that to others.  When I say "I don't care if you watch it" I mean I won't condemn you for watching it.  I might watch it if and when it comes on TV a couple

of yrs from now.  If I do though, I won't gasp and complain about how bad it is...it is what it is.

I'm sad over some things I read here and I'm sad over some Christians basically moaning that everyone but them is insensitive.

We certainly do all make choices about what we watch.  For myself, I absolutely hate horror and people being hacked up with chain saws or somone getting shot every 5 minutes.

I try not to watch what I know I will be sorry I watched when it's over...if you know what I mean LOL!

Hollywood glorifies adultery, fornication, murder and every other thing that is sinful.  I like adventure or good scifi (with intelligent dialogue and a plot...not the aliens are killing everyone kind)

and I like history and historical pieces and certain documentaries and the Pet channel and things that you might experience in real life...like how to fix your leaky foundation or how to make a

patio or whatever.  Ha...I also sometimes like to watch those cake baking bakeoffs...I can't believe what they can do!

Anyway, I have always been a little counter-culture so I tend to question things alot.  

I agree there is no point in debating what is wrong with the movie....I think the key to anything is to be real and not follow the crowd.  Do what you do out of inner conviction.  

Truthfully though, what I dislike on TV the most after all the so called reality programs, are all the religious programs.   Send me money and God will give you a miracle.

Truthfully though, what I dislike on TV the most after all the so called reality programs, are all the religious programs.   Send me money and God will give you a miracle.

.......   and that's been going on for a really long time...

Guest LadyC

hey, i despise horror movies too! and (getting a little off track) it seems hollywood has been putting horror series on tv and people love love love it. not me, i hate hate hate it. shows like 'the following'.... oh my goodness, i watched the pilot episode of that one, and from that point on, even the commercials freak me out. awful show. how did it not get cancelled after the first season? this is really a sick world we live in, isn't it?