• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from Yahoo News:

"Now, a popular televangelist from San Antonio named John Hagee has stated that the four lunar eclipses scheduled to begin this month — also known as 'blood moons' — are a sign that biblical prophecies are about to come true, as detailed in his book, 'Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change" ...

"'Just as in biblical times, God is controlling the sun, the moon and the stars to send our generation a signal that something big is about to happen. The question is: Are we watching and listening to His message?' Hagee writes in his book, as quoted in the Daily News.

"Hagee is far from the first to make a tenuous link between natural events and biblical prophesies or religious myths. When comet Hale-Bopp appeared in 1997, rumors surfaced that an alien spacecraft was following the comet ..."

... and that sci-fi speculation proved disastrous for members of the Heaven's Gate cult.

http://news.yahoo.com/bad-moon-rising-preacher-ties-blood-moons-biblical-194730610.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Although I think John Hagee is a bit nuts, the Blood moon prophecies have scriptural backing and to compare this to Halle-Bopp comet prophecies and other lunatic cult theories is ridiculous. There's a World of difference between looking up at the sky, seeing a comet and believing that it foretells something, than there is from checking a valid Bible prophecy that was written a long time ago.

We know that scriptural prophecies are the only accurate ones.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

God does not make such vague prophecies. So I wonder which prophecy he believes will be fulfilled? Something is about to change, but what exactly?

Cheers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Have you heard of "Newspaper Exegesis"? It could be humorous to view the programs of a multitude of TV sensationalists who went on and on about the year 2000 during 1999.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What I read in Hagee's book and video's was that during the last three tetrads serious things happened to Israel....    I don't remember him saying that scripture put the tetrads in prophecy other than the moon turning to blood.

It's more in tune like "man every time I hit my thumb with a hammer it hurts" type of thing.

LoL, he tells everyone that Jesus could be here in five minutes every day, and has for a really long time.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

LoL, he tells everyone that Jesus could be here in five minutes every day, and has for a really long time.

I would imagine he will keep saying that until Daniel's 70th week arrives. He thinks he will never see it, and I think he will unless the Lord takes him home prior to this. If he studied the Biblical feasts, I think he would have a hard time explaining why the 5th feast, Rosh Hashanah (feast of trumpets) will be fulfilled seven years before the 6th and 7th feasts, instead of the 15 days that normally separates them.

Cheers

• Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Although I think John Hagee is a bit nuts, the Blood moon prophecies have scriptural backing ...

I suspect that since the Jewish calendar is lunar, anything related to the moon could be important, but are there any biblical verses about so-called "blood moons"?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

There is such a hype right now about the red moons.I just wait and see what God is going to do.Why second guess God?I do not support Hagee's teachings.

I would imagine he will keep saying that until Daniel's 70th week arrives. He thinks he will never see it, and I think he will unless the Lord takes him home prior to this. If he studied the Biblical feasts, I think he would have a hard time explaining why the 5th feast, Rosh Hashanah (feast of trumpets) will be fulfilled seven years before the 6th and 7th feasts, instead of the 15 days that normally separates them.

Cheers

I'm not a pre trib person Thunder.....   i just happen to like brother Hagee.    He does have  some interesting insights into the word....   even though I would also agree with you that a pre trib rapture most likely isn't one.

From my personal viewpoint in reading the entire Bible it seems to me that the Bible pretty much warns us that God is in the process of throwing us under the Bus, but promises to make it up to us in eternity....    Coming to that conclusion has made this whole thing a whole lot easier to take.....   actually I have found myself having more and more fun watching it all come about.....   Most likely I'll die at the hands of the devil.....   but at least I won't have to spend eternity with him  LoL       and in the end I've already told the Lord that it's ok with me whatever he wants to do with me.

I should have died 50 years ago, but he intervened.....  and has more than once since that time, so what could I say.....   I'm guessing he wants me to do something.....   and I'll do whatever...

There is such a hype right now about the red moons.I just wait and see what God is going to do.Why second guess God?I do not support Hagee's teachings.

Considering the history of the blood moons, the miracle they represent might actually be that nothing bad happens to Israel.   In this present climate both spiritually and politically, it will take a miracle for nothing much to happen over the next year or so...

but, you know me and my conspiratorial nature...    Personally I'm looking for some real "Awesome" to come around.

I think we started the last generation in 1948.   Blood moons or not and tetrads or not, things have to happen in the near future....