Coffeespiller87

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Okay I know the Jewish calendar is different than our calendar but it sounds like to me that it had 10 months in a year where we had 12 months correct me if I am wrong. How many days in a year for the calender in Noah's time?

It sounds like he actually was in the ark with his family and animals for a year because 40 days and nights was when it rained but it took a time for the waters to recede. 

It sounds like Noah took more then just 2 of every animal. Its says he took clean and unclean animals 

It says In Chapter 7 of Genesis that God say take 7 of every kind of clean animal  and 2 a male and female of every unclean animal.

I have to wonder how many animals in total were in the ark with Noah and his family for over a year?

How do u suppose they ate if they did not eat the animals? And I wonder if the animals tried to hurt the humans because this was clearly after sin entered the world so the animals wouldn't be the same as they once were. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,866
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think one has to understand that this whole thing was set up by God.....   natural law doesn't necessarily fall into play here....   To the best of my knowledge we are not told in Genesis how they survived on the boat.   For all I know they ate fish...   Jesus was kind of handy in getting a good catch when it was needed...   I wouldn't think he'd have any more trouble in his existence in the form of God than flesh.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Here is a link to a site that teaches the Jewish calendar.

http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1976

Coffespiller, I don't believe Noah would have ate the animals as mankind was vegetarian until after the flood when God gave Noah permission to eat animals.  (See Gen. 1:29 and Gen. 9:3).  If you would like to study more on the number/types of animals on the ark you can read this article from Answers In Genesis.  They are a wonderful source of information and material.  Hope this helps ya out!

www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab3/how-could-animals-fit-on-ark

Michael

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Okay I know the Jewish calendar is different than our calendar but it sounds like to me that it had 10 months in a year where we had 12 months correct me if I am wrong. How many days in a year for the calender in Noah's time?

It sounds like he actually was in the ark with his family and animals for a year because 40 days and nights was when it rained but it took a time for the waters to recede. quote 

I found 378 days they were in Ark.

It sounds like Noah took more then just 2 of every animal. Its says he took clean and unclean animals 

It says In Chapter 7 of Genesis that God say take 7 of every kind of clean animal  and 2 a male and female of every unclean animal.

yes you are right

I have to wonder how many animals in total were in the ark with Noah and his family for over a year? quote

we all have to wonder, for now

quote--How do u suppose they ate if they did not eat the animals? --quote

there were no meat eaters on the ark.  see gen 6:21 for Food Supply both man and animal; they came out of ark Gen 8:18; meat approved for food Gen 9.3

quote--And I wonder if the animals tried to hurt the humans because this was clearly after sin entered the world so the animals wouldn't be the same as they once were. --quote

See Gen 7:7 Noah and family go into ark, after which God sent into ark the animals Gen 7:9. 

God was/is capable of not allowing harm to Noah and his family, He created everything, he was/is in charge

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Coffespiller, I don't believe Noah would have ate the animals as mankind was vegetarian until after the flood when God gave Noah permission to eat animals.  (See Gen. 1:29 and Gen. 9:3).  If you would like to study more on the number/types of animals on the ark you can read this article from Answers In Genesis.  They are a wonderful source of information and material.  Hope this helps ya out!

www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab3/how-could-animals-fit-on-ark

Michael

Bravo. Also icr.org (Institute for creation research)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

It sounds like he actually was in the ark with his family and animals for a year because 40 days and nights was when it rained but it took a time for the waters to recede. 

I have to wonder how many animals in total were in the ark with Noah and his family for over a year?

How do u suppose they ate if they did not eat the animals? And I wonder if the animals tried to hurt the humans because this was clearly after sin entered the world so the animals wouldn't be the same as they once were. 

The clean animals were for FOOD.  That is primarily why more were needed.  Both they and the animals needed to eat.  Noah would have also taken in water and plant life and seeds and bugs for food. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Did Noah take any fish on board the Ark with him?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,866
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I don't remember anything said about anything that lived in the sea...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Did Noah take any fish on board the Ark with him?

I believe the Bible is silent on that.