Coffeespiller87

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

The natural environment for a fish is water.  The flood would not of killed them.  In fact, they probably had a great time exploring the new waters.  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Did Noah take any fish on board the Ark with him?

I believe the Bible is silent on that.

I think its clear.

Genesis 6

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created, from the face of the earth, both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air. For I repent that I have made them.

19 And you shall bring into the ark two of every kind , of every living thing of all flesh, to keep them alive with you. They shall be male and female.
20 Two of every kind shall come to you to keep them alive; of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

face of the earth.....  I don't think in the water is on the face of the earth.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The natural environment for a fish is water.  The flood would not of killed them.  In fact, they probably had a great time exploring the new waters.  :)

Oh .....good thought. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1 corin 15:39
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
Gen 6:13
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

You are taking two verses that have nothing in common with each other, though they speak of a common term "flesh", and are trying to show they are the same, which they are not. The flood was designed to destroy the evilness on the earth by destroying everything that could drown. If God chose to destroy the fish along with the rest of His creation, I am sure He would of chosen fire, something that will destroy everything, and not water, which fish live in.

As we seek answers, we have to rely on all He has given us, including wisdom and the ability to deduct by reasoning.

You are taking two verses that have nothing in common with each other, though they speak of a common term "flesh", and are trying to show they are the same, which they are not. The flood was designed to destroy the evilness on the earth by destroying everything that could drown. If God chose to destroy the fish along with the rest of His creation, I am sure He would of chosen fire, something that will destroy everything, and not water, which fish live in.

As we seek answers, we have to rely on all He has given us, including wisdom and the ability to deduct by reasoning.

Onelight; for you and some others, here at Worthy, that have graduated off the milk you have a better understanding of Gods word.

As i stated before I am still on milk.

I admit i am confused by the word of God when I see verses like this.

I admit my education is/was far below most here at Worthy.

My deductive reasoning obviously is far less than most people.

I do not recall in any of my post; where I said my understanding is right and some one elses understanding is wrong.

However it does seem as if people are reading that into my post, that is a wrong assumption I am sorry i give the impression of " im right your wrong" to people like yourself that clearly understand Gods word better than I.

Yes for a long time i have thought that "all flesh" in Genesis meant "all flesh" .

It may not mean all flesh and I very well may be at present confusing two verses that I shouldn't.

That is the exact reason I came here to learn things I can not seem to learn on my own.

I meant no harm by my post to anyone I simply posted two verses I thought, with my limited reasoning, these verses were talking about and related to the same subject.

If i do not post things like i understand them you and others can not know i am confused about them.

If you do not know my confusion you would have no reason to correct me.

Then i would be worse off left in my confusion.

It does not offend me that you say I am confusing the two verses, that is what i need to hear from you and others that do have a better understanding than me.

I have respect for your knowledge in general and Biblical affairs.

I have not made a study of fish.

I have been taught salt water fish can not live in fresh water.

I have been taught fresh water fish can not live in salt water.

Gen says all flesh

So i reasoned that the mixing of the salt and fresh could very well have killed the fish.

I appreciate when you correct me that is why i am here.

poorly educated as I am seems to go along with poor reasoning I admit to both.

Pease take no offence of my thoughts and correct me when you see i am in need of it.

edit after i posted it looked like some was bold and some not so the edit is just to say i did not bold any words.

Onelight; for you and some others, here at Worthy, that have graduated off the milk you have a better understanding of Gods word.

My deductive reasoning obviously is far less than most people.

I do not recall in any of my post; where I said my understanding is right and some one elses understanding is wrong.

However it does seem as if people are reading that into my post, that is a wrong assumption I am sorry i give the impression of " im right your wrong" to people like yourself that clearly understand Gods word better than I.

Yes for a long time i have thought that "all flesh" in Genesis meant "all flesh" .

It may not mean all flesh and I very well may be at present confusing two verses that I shouldn't.

That is the exact reason I came here to learn things I can not seem to learn on my own.

I meant no harm by my post to anyone I simply posted two verses I thought, with my limited reasoning, these verses were talking about and related to the same subject.

If i do not post things like i understand them you and others can not know i am confused about them.

It does not offend me that you say I am confusing the two verses, that is what i need to hear from you and others that do have a better understanding than me.

Gen says all flesh

So i reasoned that the mixing of the salt and fresh could very well have killed the fish.

Pease take no offence of my thoughts and correct me when you see i am in need of it.

edit after i posted it looked like some was bold and some not so the edit is just to say i did not bold any words.

Shalom my friend,

I was not offended in anything you said, only trying to correct what I saw as an error. I was not trying to point any finger at you in a comparison or demeaning way. The reason why I replied in the manner I did was due to you placing the two verses together, as if they belonged together. I did not see any question, so I read it as a statement.

I always encourage people to continue to ask questions and grow in Christ. That is how we all mature.

God Bless, my friend.

My deductive reasoning obviously is far less than most people.

However it does seem as if people are reading that into my post, that is a wrong assumption I am sorry i give the impression of " im right your wrong" to people like yourself that clearly understand Gods word better than I.

Gen says all flesh

Shalom my friend,

I was not offended in anything you said, only trying to correct what I saw as an error. I was not trying to point any finger at you in a comparison or demeaning way. The reason why I replied in the manner I did was due to you placing the two verses together, as if they belonged together. I did not see any question, so I read it as a statement.

I always encourage people to continue to ask questions and grow in Christ. That is how we all mature.

God Bless, my friend.

I appreciate you not taking offence, I am glad you pointed out the two verses should not be used together that helps me. I have read many more of your post than i have posted to. I know you do not demean people and I felt no finger pointing on your part. thanks

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Oh .....good thought. :mgcheerful:

It depends whether they are saltwater or freshwater fish.