Hashe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I once had a great opportunity. I put in a proposal, prayed hard and waited for the response. I kept praying and praying but there was no response. The opportunity was lost. It was hard not to get frustrated at God! I asked myself, did God reject me?

In Gen 4 we read the story of Cain and Abel. It is a story of the effects of sin upon Cain, who was the first person born under sin. Cain gives an offering, but it is just ‘some’ of what he can give.  We find in 4:5 that God had no regard for Cain’s offering and so Cain got angry.

It is hard to strike out against God. So where did Cain strike? He struck out against his brother.  Sin wants to bring in division between people and the easiest target is the person with whom Cain is closest – his brother. The result is that the relationship is destroyed. Sin used Cain’s feeling of rejection from God left him isolated.

It makes me wonder if I ever feel rejected by God. Perhaps it is when I pray for something and God doesn’t answer me in the way I want, in the time frame I want. Perhaps it is when I feel rejected by others who are part of God’s people.

It also makes me wonder what I do with that rejection. Do I hit out at those who are close to me? Do I realise what is going on? Or do I resolve it and return to an inner state of peace?

Taken by http://ontoxenos.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/rejected/ used with permission.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

I had the same thing happen to me.   As I grew older and as our lives played out it became visable that what I had wanted and tried to do was not really in my best interest.   It wasn't that I was rejected, I just wasn't listening when God said no that's no good for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,760
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  115

I once had a great opportunity. I put in a proposal, prayed hard and waited for the response. I kept praying and praying but there was no response. The opportunity was lost. It was hard not to get frustrated at God! I asked myself, did God reject me?

In Gen 4 we read the story of Cain and Abel. It is a story of the effects of sin upon Cain, who was the first person born under sin. Cain gives an offering, but it is just ‘some’ of what he can give.  We find in 4:5 that God had no regard for Cain’s offering and so Cain got angry.

It is hard to strike out against God. So where did Cain strike? He struck out against his brother.  Sin wants to bring in division between people and the easiest target is the person with whom Cain is closest – his brother. The result is that the relationship is destroyed. Sin used Cain’s feeling of rejection from God left him isolated.

It makes me wonder if I ever feel rejected by God. Perhaps it is when I pray for something and God doesn’t answer me in the way I want, in the time frame I want. Perhaps it is when I feel rejected by others who are part of God’s people.

It also makes me wonder what I do with that rejection. Do I hit out at those who are close to me? Do I realise what is going on? Or do I resolve it and return to an inner state of peace?

Self centered desires often do not get answers.  What the writer seems to be saying is that the anger derives from them not getting what they wanted.  Scripture tells us that when we are in Christ, seeking His will in our lives, what we ask for will be provided, since we are asking in accordance to His will in our lives.  Scripture does not guarantee that we can get whatever we want just because we asked for it, nor does scripture guarantee that whatever we put our hand to will bear fruit.  Seems to me that the writers focus is self centered, prideful, and somewhat arrogant.

Self centered desires often do not get answers.  What the writer seems to be saying is that the anger derives from them not getting what they wanted.  Scripture tells us that when we are in Christ, seeking His will in our lives, what we ask for will be provided, since we are asking in accordance to His will in our lives.  Scripture does not guarantee that we can get whatever we want just because we asked for it, nor does scripture guarantee that whatever we put our hand to will bear fruit.  Seems to me that the writers focus is self centered, prideful, and somewhat arrogant.

Well that is one perspective.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

Taken by http://ontoxenos.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/rejected/ used with permission.

NO.... God has not rejected you! He just has something far better for you. It is something right now you cannot see or understand. God promises to NEVER forsake us.. so how then can He reject you? Just pray and trust in the Lord. And also maybe He has not moved your position yet because He still has something for you to do there. Maybe someone in that department needs Jesus. Many blessings to you!

Count how many time the writer uses a term that points to themselves (18 times) and how many time the writer wonders what His will is for them (0).  The numbers add up to self centered thinking.

Count how many time the writer uses a term that points to themselves (18 times) and how many time the writer wonders what His will is for them (0).  The numbers add up to self centered thinking.

I suggest you confuse selfishness for a rhetorical device which is design to invite empathy and introspection.

I guess we could write in the 2nd person and command people, but there are those who appreciate having someone write in the first person and from a preachy commanding way.

No, I examined the words of the writer as it is written. I even counted the directives of the words, "I" and "me". What you presented from this writer looks to me like the writer is more worried about not getting what they wanted, and less concerned of seeking redirection and correction from the Lord so the writer would get what He wills them to have. The strength of this observation is built from the words of anger toward the Lord.

If this was not the writers intention, then the writer should read what they wrote before posting.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

Do you feel rejected because God is not answering your prayer the way you want Him to?God is not a Genie,prayer is not like rubbing a lamp.When God answers prayer you may have three answers yes,no or lets wait on this because I have something better planned.We as Christians know that God has a plan for our lives.God's plan may not line up with what we want for ourselves.That is where faith comes in.We pray about a certain circumstance in our life and we ask Your Will Be Done Lord.God knows what we need alot better than what we think we need.Just because God is not giving you everything you pray for does not mean He has rejected you.

No, I examined the words of the writer as it is written. I even counted the directives of the words, "I" and "me". What you presented from this writer looks to me like the writer is more worried about not getting what they wanted, and less concerned of seeking redirection and correction from the Lord so the writer would get what He wills them to have. The strength of this observation is built from the words of anger toward the Lord.

If this was not the writers intention, then the writer should read what they wrote before posting.

I suggest you missed the whole point of the article.