• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

I have a strong desire to get married. I am so tired of disappointments after disappointments. I will become 40 this year. Over the last 5 years I have had the worst luck with me. It seem like every man that I become attracted to and interested in are men who are already in serious relationships. I desire to meet someone who truly loves the Lord and is single and available. Feeling very discouraged.

Guest Butero

I can't give you any easy answer to this problem.  I can only tell you that if it is God's will that you marry, you will meet the right person in his time.  The only advise I would give you here is to say that there are worse places you can be than single.  A bad marriage would be much worse, so don't let your desire to be married cause you to rush into anything.  There are good Christian men, but there are a lot of bad people out there too, some who will appear to be followers of God on the surface, but they are not what they seem.  That is why it is important to get to know someone well before you consider marriage.   I pray that God will help you find the right person for you. 

It's a natural desire to be loved and wanted and to be in a committed relationship, so you are not alone there :)

You say that the men you are attracted to and are interested in are already in serious relationships - this intrigues me, as I wonder how are they (the men) letting themselves get close to you?

Are they Christian men?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

Proverbs 13:12

Dear sister in the Lord, I really know how you feel.  Was telling a fellow female worker a few month ago, my age and she didn't believe me, that I was that old, and than she started hitting on me, but I was not attracted to her.  That plus a gal half my age who is also attracted to me, but has no relations with God, and twice told me she cheated on her boyfriend, so that is a definite no go.  So it seems I can find a gal who is interested in me, but that i am not interested in; but I can't find a gal who i am interested in, who is also interested in me.

When our hearts have a strong desire, (especially for that special someone) it really does make the heart sick.  For us singles we just never know if it God's will that we meet anyone, will be praying for you Dawn that God will bring a man of God in life, while encouraging your heart.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

yes duggar... I know how you feel as well